The birth of new muppet fans?

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I gotta stop titleing my posts with questions, lol. I wasnt sure where to put this so if its not in the right spot please move it :smile:

Ok, Now for my story.

In my drama class we started a very brief puppetry unit. How brief? 2 days long. Anyway, we had to put on a puppet show for the class. But thats besides the point.

I asked my teacher if I could bring in the muppet show for the class to watch and she said yes so today I brought in the Steve Martin episode. At first no one really paid much attention, but after the mice came on thats when people started watching it.
There was a really big reaction to statler and waldorf dancing and the food glee club. There was a pretty good reaction to the koozbanians.

It was funny cause I kept hearing "Oh, thats you" (not actually me, but people were saying that to other people). I did hear a "whats that thing" when Sam came out and I heard a "ew, hes freaky looking" when Floyd (aww...) came out.

But what suprised me was how positivly the class responded overall to it. Thats a good sign. If I made at least one new person a muppet fan, then my job was a success :big_grin:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Great story! I'm sure that once giving the chance, that people do end up digging this show.:smile:

Son of Enik

Reaction score
My daughter, (now 14 months old) LOVES The Muppet Show!
Her favorite episode so far is Alice Cooper...which has me wondering.
Anyway, I think The Muppets are timeless and transcend generation.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
I too think Henson's creations are priceless, but that can only be if they are used and used right.

Beakerfan

Reaction score
My daughter, (now 14 months old) LOVES The Muppet Show!
Her favorite episode so far is Alice Cooper...which has me wondering.
quote]

AHAHAHAHA! Oh my gosh, that is awesome. Sounds like you've got a future classic rocker on your hands lol! (and I mean that in the best way possible)

Jrogers51375

Reaction score
My 4 kids are hooked on the Muppet Show and are as eager as I am when they release more seasons. I even have my niece and nephew watching.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
I wish I had family that would enjoy such things. Unfortunately, the generations after me in my family loathe the old stuff.

Jrogers51375

Reaction score
What the younger generation needs to know is the quality of programming has gone down the pooper. Im 33 and I would have loved to been born in the 40's so I could enjoy all the great stuff that was around back then.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
If you knew my drama class you would understand why I was shocked at the positiveness people had. And I think my teacher has a thing for Steve Martin...

recently I made my friend watch the same episode. Weeelllll...she didnt really have a positive reaction to it. So, I made her watch the Elton John episode. Well, it turns out she used to go to sleep listening to him and, well...she fell asleep during it :smirk: the only way she even watched it was me poking her every 5 minutes

later she said she liked that one more than the Steve Martin one. but she is oneof those epole that have it in their head that the muppets are for babies

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Si this it weird. it seems to me that many older and younger people both view the Muppets as "kiddie" fare. Sense this is so then who exactly are the fans.:eek::stick_out_tongue::confused: