Sesame Street Bloopers/Technical Difficulties

Soul H

Reaction score
In the News Flash sketch "The Princess And The Cookie" when the Royal Lackey said he thinks he threw his sacroiliac out of whack he was rubbing his head in pain.

The goof is that the sacroiliac is really connected to the very lower part of the spine.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I don't know if this was listed, but I just saw the Ernie's A maker skit... the second time he makes the A, his hand knocks out a piece of the machine while he's getting the "A".... it's a large piece on the left of the machine.

check it out at the 39 second mark

Plus, he does sort of loosen it the first time, now that I mention it.

ErnieBertGonzo

Reaction score
I remember one time, Sesame Street was experiencing some techincal difficulties, and since the show was temporarily stopped, they show a photo of Big Bird standing next to the Sesame Street Light post. As the background music plays, the announcer mentions that they are experiencing some technical difficulties and that they will try and fix it as soon as possible, so just stay put. Then the announcer mentions that he found a muppet monster in their viewing machine biting and chewing on the wires. And that they will get rid of the monster and fix the problem as soon as possible. So just be patient and don't go away kids, we'll get the show back on air as soon as possible. I guess the announcer was just trying to make the problem sound more kid friendly and informing them that they will have if fixed soon.
Not bad. Pretty funny.

ErnieBertGonzo

Reaction score
in some mumford sketches, when mumford goes on stage, (especially the pineapple segment) you can clearly see jerry's bald head and some other guy doing mumfords arms. when mumford turns around i saw his shirt sleeve end and jerrys arm going through it.
Here you can see it for yourself.

ErnieBertGonzo

Reaction score
And here's another Bob moment that sticks out in my mind. It's not really a "blooper", but it was shown at a rather inappropriate time.

When I was in about first grade, we had this really huge snowstorm. Ten below zero, ice and blowing snow everywhere. What people were out couldn't start their cars and kept falling down on the ice. Yup, school was cancelled! Yaaaaay!:smile:
Anyway, my mom was turning on the weather in the kitchen (on the radio) and told me to turn on the TV in the living room to check our local weather station to catch the radar. So I did.
"Is the weather on?" she asked. "Did you find it?"
I looked at the TV. "Well..."
Confused at my answer, Mom came into the living room. Sesame Street was on, and there was Bob with an ice cream cone in each hand, standing in front of a huge, cardboard sun backdrop. She looked at the TV right when the camera showed a close up of Bob saying "Boy, it's hot today!"
Mom raised her eyebrows, looked out the window at the two feet of swirling snow on our street, back at the TV, and said "Well, I don't know what forecast Bob's been watchin', but it sure ain't hot here!":big_grin: I started laughing and then Bob said something like "Boy, I need to cool off!" Before Mom changed the channel she said "Well, Bob, if you want to cool off, you can come on over here and shovel the walk. That'll cool you off real quick!"
We evenually found the right forecast, but Bob never came over to shovel our walk.:wink:

Convincing John
I like that story!

ErnieBertGonzo

Reaction score
Once, sometime during the 80's, they had one of those "How they make things" clips. This one was only on a few times, since it showed how records (y'know, LP's) were made. Showed the wax, the machines in the factory, the record sleeves, the whole bit.

Anyway, there was this guy who had some kind of local band, and they showed them jamming a little with their guitars, warming up, and they wanted the guy's son to sing "Bingo". (This recording plays over the record factory shots). So anyway, this little kid (about 5 or 6) steps up to the mike. The bandleader says: "a one, a two, a one, two, three four!" and the kid begins to sing at the top of his voice:

Jojo was a man who thought he was a loner
But he knew it wouldn't last!
Jojo left his home in Tucson, Arizona
For some...

And the dad immediately says "No no no! You're singing that other song. Remember, you're going to sing 'Bingo'." So the kid sings "Bingo" on the second take and gets it right.

For a few seconds, there was a Paul McCartney impersonator on Sesame Street!

Convincing John
Thankfully, they cut it before he sings "...California grass."

ErnieBertGonzo

Reaction score
I posted this in the "Follow That Bird Revisited" thread, but I noticed on the DVD the theatrical trailer includes a brief shot of Cookie Monster stealing a cookie and the puppeteer's black arm is right out in the open. They also forgot to dub the voice of Grover in a shot of him watching TV with Bob. The puppeteer who did Grover in that shot obviously wasn't Frank Oz. Both mistakes were corrected in the finished film.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KG14o6dVGBU - The Grover goof is at 0:16 and 0:22 and the Cookie Monster goof is at 0:48.

ErnieBertGonzo

Reaction score
Plenty more can be found here, on Muppet Wiki, I've even added some based on what I've read here. I'm sure others have had, too.

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
--There's a Hooper's Store scene in show #1740, when Bob explains to Big Bird how a reservoir works. At one point Caroll Spinney rests his elbow on the counter, making it look as if BB is bending his neck and resting it on the table!
Awwwwwww...That sounds cute! Does anyone have a picture/video of that? :big_grin::wisdom: