Sesame Street Bloopers/Technical Difficulties

magusdude

Reaction score
mikebennidict said:
why would it have not been planned?
Because he did everything else exactly on time, and his movement when rushing for the pad looked kind of odd. I'm not even sure his head moved.

ssetta

Reaction score
Actually, it was lip-sunc. That song, and everything else from the original Sesame Street Alphabet album was pre-recorded. It was originally done for the album, and then it was used on the show. But what they did for "Dee Dee Dee" was very interesting. On the record, Bert was asking Ernie what letter came after "C," and Ernie sang that song, so Bert could guess what letter it was, and after the song was over, Bert comes on and says, "That was a nice song, but what letter comes after 'D?" So, if you had only heard the album version, you would never guess that Cookie Monster was on the show, and if you had only seen it on the show, but not heard the album version, you would never think that Bert was on it.

ssetta

Reaction score
Actually, I just thought of another VERY SIMILAR ONE! Do any of you remember the song "How Should I Tell You I Love You?" with Randy Travis from the early 90s? He was a country singer, and it was a very nice song. And as he sang about all the possible ways to tell someone that you love them, Telly kept trying to demonstrate all those ways visually. At the end of the song, Randy said that he could carve a heart in a tree, and Telly was running across the set with a big tree with a heart in it, and as Telly was pushing the tree, Randy sang "I could make a big speech that they'll show on TV." So, at the end of the song, LONG after Randy sang the words, Telly came in with a pretend TV around him, making it look like he was on TV. And after the song, he said, "So, I was a little late with the TV." But now that you mention it, I wonder if it was actually a blooper, rather than planned, where he didn't come in with the TV when he was supposed to.

magusdude

Reaction score
ssetta said:
Actually, I just thought of another VERY SIMILAR ONE! Do any of you remember the song "How Should I Tell You I Love You?" with Randy Travis from the early 90s? He was a country singer, and it was a very nice song. And as he sang about all the possible ways to tell someone that you love them, Telly kept trying to demonstrate all those ways visually. At the end of the song, Randy said that he could carve a heart in a tree, and Telly was running across the set with a big tree with a heart in it, and as Telly was pushing the tree, Randy sang "I could make a big speech that they'll show on TV." So, at the end of the song, LONG after Randy sang the words, Telly came in with a pretend TV around him, making it look like he was on TV. And after the song, he said, "So, I was a little late with the TV." But now that you mention it, I wonder if it was actually a blooper, rather than planned, where he didn't come in with the TV when he was supposed to.
That one might have been planned, since he was already carrying the tree, and if I remember correctly, Telly was always known for messing up stuff.

magusdude

Reaction score
And as far as the Alphabet Album goes, I never knew it was pre-recorded. I always wondered what had happened to Bert's line at the begining of the song! However, on the Best of Ernie album, Bert DID say the line before Dee Dee Dee. However, he did NOT say the line afterward. Hm...

Clean Gultch

Reaction score
Herry and Eric Feather and Ball Game:

At the beginning, Eric starts to call Herry, Telly, which results in Herry turning his ear towards Eric as if to say "who?"

Cooperation Makes It Happen:

The guy who sings "ill plant a seed" has a gruff voice. But when the same guy sings "you pull the weeds", he sounds like Janice.

At the end when someone says dig it, no puppet moves their mouth.

ssetta

Reaction score
Clean Gultch said:
Herry and Eric Feather and Ball Game:

At the beginning, Eric starts to call Herry, Telly, which results in Herry turning his ear towards Eric as if to say "who?"

Cooperation Makes It Happen:

The guy who sings "ill plant a seed" has a gruff voice. But when the same guy sings "you pull the weeds", he sounds like Janice.

At the end when someone says dig it, no puppet moves their mouth.
So they must have been lip-synching, like Ashlee Simpson. :stick_out_tongue:

MuppetDude

Reaction score
Here's a few:

--Near the end of "Hey, Food" one of the drummer's drums falls off the set.

--In one "F" Cheerleaders segment, when the Muppets cheer, the orange girl's nose falls off.

--There's a Hooper's Store scene in show #1740, when Bob explains to Big Bird how a reservoir works. At one point Caroll Spinney rests his elbow on the counter, making it look as if BB is bending his neck and resting it on the table!

--In #2269, Oscar almost calls Candy-Cane Lane "Candy Land".

Soul H

Reaction score
Another goof is in the Rock N Roll Request Show, Gina wanted to hear a song by Little Jerry and The Monotones and Jackman had a picture of the group. However, in the picture, there was Little Jerry, Big Jeffy and another fat blue guy. But when Telephone Rock is playing, there was Little Jerry along with Big Jeffy, Little Chrissy and the guy who dresses like a caveman.

Also in I Can't Get No Co-operation, the drummer and keyboard player, get off their instrumants, and sound of the instruments is still heard.

And how about Wet Paint, when the paint was splashing at How Now Brown, the keyboard player stopped playing and started grooving to the music but you still hear the keyboard music.

Anybody noticed that?