Sesame Street Bloopers/Technical Difficulties

Drtooth

Reaction score
I don't really know if this counts but a year or 2 ago, when Telly had the baby duck, when he was dressed up like a duck, you could hear clicking noises made by the puppet's fake beak when his mouth moved.

Aslo, not really a blooper, but an inconsistancy... in the Letter of the Day delivery service episode from season35 (the one with Seth Green) a few of the letters came connected (PQRS was on a wheel of fortune and another set of letters was in a hanging mobile). Considering that each letter is supposed to come one day for 26 days, how can that happen if the letters are on a connected product. Unless they are pieces and need to be assembled.

Convincing John

Reaction score
Bob wants to change careers?

Here's one. There's a song they played featuring Big Bird, Susan and Bob. It was a song called "Can Read" (I think) and was a parody of "Can Do". Here's a link to the lyrics:

http://forum.muppetcentral.com/showpost.php?p=196304&postcount=2

Anyway, when we see Bob, he sings about reading the newspaper, but as he does, you can clearly see the headline "HOW TO CHANGE CAREERS" on the front page in big, bold letters! When Bob sings the line "A newspaper you can read", he taps the headline!

I wonder if someone was pulling a prank on Bob, because it doesn't look like he saw the front of the paper, because he had it open...or maybe Bob was pulling a prank on CTW!

And here's another Bob moment that sticks out in my mind. It's not really a "blooper", but it was shown at a rather inappropriate time.

When I was in about first grade, we had this really huge snowstorm. Ten below zero, ice and blowing snow everywhere. What people were out couldn't start their cars and kept falling down on the ice. Yup, school was cancelled! Yaaaaay!:smile:
Anyway, my mom was turning on the weather in the kitchen (on the radio) and told me to turn on the TV in the living room to check our local weather station to catch the radar. So I did.
"Is the weather on?" she asked. "Did you find it?"
I looked at the TV. "Well..."
Confused at my answer, Mom came into the living room. Sesame Street was on, and there was Bob with an ice cream cone in each hand, standing in front of a huge, cardboard sun backdrop. She looked at the TV right when the camera showed a close up of Bob saying "Boy, it's hot today!"
Mom raised her eyebrows, looked out the window at the two feet of swirling snow on our street, back at the TV, and said "Well, I don't know what forecast Bob's been watchin', but it sure ain't hot here!":big_grin: I started laughing and then Bob said something like "Boy, I need to cool off!" Before Mom changed the channel she said "Well, Bob, if you want to cool off, you can come on over here and shovel the walk. That'll cool you off real quick!"
We evenually found the right forecast, but Bob never came over to shovel our walk.:wink:

Convincing John

Soul H

Reaction score
Try this classic blooper:

When The Mad Painter paints a 10 on the stool, it ends up on Mac's coveralls right? But wouldn't the 1 be upside-down since it was a two-stick 1? :confused:

Livehandmuppet

Reaction score
well i know two.

In the song "Breakfast the most important meal of the day", when the fruits sing "of the day, of the day, were the most important meal of the day!", you can see the anything orange live hand lady chef's sleeve.

On tellys song "telly tut", when he sing "where circle squares and ovals king tut would never tango" if you look real closly, a puppeters head can be seen controlling the AM purple muppet. knowing he was seen, he ducks down. (probaly jerry Nelson) :search:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
At the end of one of the "F Cheer" segments, a puppeteer starts tossing the fat blue puppet in the air. You can see it has no legs and where the performer sticks their hand.

Mokeystar

Reaction score
Those are definitely "did you notice that?" moments, but the filmers didn't have THAT much control over the background action. Two things I always wondered about those films: First, why was the letter never named out loud as it usually is in letter clips? Second, what word were those letters going to spell (partially, of course)? If only I knew a fan who lived close to the filming site way back when... *sigh*
The word they were spelling was "Hotel Empire", which is located at 44 W. 63rd in New York. It's still standing to this day and looks pretty much the same from the outside. I heard they recently renovated the inside and it's now quite a snazzy place. It even has a swimming pool on the roof for those adventurous folk! :smile: For photos of the building and the sign, Google "Hotel Empire New York", and hit "images". There are several great close range shots of the sign (which looks pretty much the same) and of the whole building if you look hard enough. :smile: Don't forget to bring your banjo and kazoo!

mikebennidict

Reaction score
I remember *two* bloopers from the same film series:

The classic films, accompanied by kazoo and banjo music, in which neon letters are being raised to the roof of a building. (The three installations of this series are "H", "O", and "R".)

On one of them, a bus appears to be doing 80 or 90 miles an hour. (Time lapse.)

On another, a truck appears out of nowhere. (The background doesn't move or change; in the next frame, there appears this truck.)
I don't know if I'd call it a blooper.
because you really can't control the traffic.

Oh I see ISNorden already replied on that.

ISNorden

Reaction score
Sponsorship blooper from Episode 1092

This has already been posted to the Muppet Wiki, but--did you notice that Episode 1092 ends with someone announcing the previous day's sponsors? The cast must have been losing track of time by then...:smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
In Honk Around the Clock, you can tell the pillars are not secured. If you look closely about 0:40, 0:56 ( both right), and 1:30 (left) Honkers bump into the pillars, and they wobble.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
In Honk Around the Clock, you can tell the pillars are not secured. If you look closely about 0:40, 0:56 ( both right), and 1:30 (left) Honkers bump into the pillars, and they wobble.
The same thing happened in ABC Disco when Grover stared resting on one and it began wobling ("I'm busy holding up the ballroom!")