Sesame Street Bloopers/Technical Difficulties

Oscarfan

Reaction score
This thread is about stuff happening on the SS set.

Not technical difficulties on's PBS affiliate had.
Who cares? You don't own the thread, thus, you don't control what people post in it. I've made that clear to you before.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I remember one time, Sesame Street was experiencing some techincal difficulties, and since the show was temporarily stopped, they show a photo of Big Bird standing next to the Sesame Street Light post. As the background music plays, the announcer mentions that they are experiencing some technical difficulties and that they will try and fix it as soon as possible, so just stay put. Then the announcer mentions that he found a muppet monster in their viewing machine biting and chewing on the wires. And that they will get rid of the monster and fix the problem as soon as possible. So just be patient and don't go away kids, we'll get the show back on air as soon as possible. I guess the announcer was just trying to make the problem sound more kid friendly and informing them that they will have if fixed soon.
I actually like this story. Cute.

Clean Glutch

Reaction score
If the post that dinoboy made isnt "appropriate" for this thread, then neither are sketches where the tape skips or the sound is warped, since that could be from a PBS affiliate.

Drtooth

Reaction score
If the post that dinoboy made isnt "appropriate" for this thread, then neither are sketches where the tape skips or the sound is warped, since that could be from a PBS affiliate.
So no one wants to hear the story about the time I watched Elmo's world, and the tape skipped.... Elmo was laughing for 2 straight minutes and I didn't even realize anything was wrong.

Clean Glutch

Reaction score
So no one wants to hear the story about the time I watched Elmo's world, and the tape skipped.... Elmo was laughing for 2 straight minutes and I didn't even realize anything was wrong.
sorry i meant that since other posts have been made about tape glitches and stuff, then dinoboy's post should be valid too.

lol. "I didn't even realize anything was wrong."

ISNorden

Reaction score
In "There's Nothing We Women Can't Be" the liontamer sings "And that's why I'm here in this ring!" when in fact, she's in no ring at all. Also, the puppetry is very bad on that one. Looks like it was possibly a first take?
The reference to "here in this ring" is probably a holdover from an album track, which wouldn't have had any visuals at all (go figure); a lot of songs from Sesame Street albums got dubbed into "new" Muppet sketches in the mid-70s. Still, I'm pretty sure that CTW had the technology to show flashbacks and cut between scenes back then...why couldn't they have shown a flashback to the circus, or to the operating room when the seamstress-turned-surgeon did her verse?

ISNorden

Reaction score
I remember one time, Sesame Street was experiencing some techincal difficulties, and since the show was temporarily stopped, they show a photo of Big Bird standing next to the Sesame Street Light post. As the background music plays, the announcer mentions that they are experiencing some technical difficulties and that they will try and fix it as soon as possible, so just stay put. Then the announcer mentions that he found a muppet monster in their viewing machine biting and chewing on the wires. And that they will get rid of the monster and fix the problem as soon as possible. So just be patient and don't go away kids, we'll get the show back on air as soon as possible. I guess the announcer was just trying to make the problem sound more kid friendly and informing them that they will have if fixed soon.
Someone at your PBS station had a great sense of humor and a knack for talking to kids creatively; the CTW staff should've hired him if they'd had the chance.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
If you watch the classic film where they're looking for letters and the kid is saying them, the part where they zoom towards the X, you can see a little bit of the camera man on the window though you have to look very hard.

ISNorden

Reaction score
Is this YouTube video the "looking for letters" clip you meant? I did indeed see the reflection of a TV camera (but not the operator's face) around time marker 1:45.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
I didn't say you could see his face though you might be able to see his body a little bit and at the end you can see him move.