Overrated Music

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Dont you think I already know her voice is processed? You dont need to keep saying "because it is" Theres a difference in sounding processed and being processed and sounding good. Ozzy Osbourne's voice is processed these days but he can still sing. You can tell when they cant really sing and its being processed to make them sound like they can sing. Geez

Drtooth

Reaction score
Let's just be honest here. Is there ANY musician who's voice isn't processed in this day and age? Even OLDER musicians need to have been processed in some aspect for re-releases of old albums. It's just some of the trickery that big music does. That's why things sound unfavorably different when they're performed live.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
pitch can be corrected live via protools. It's been that way for a while!

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
i have to say, i actually think demi lovato can sing. i actually think she's rully good. i don't necessarily like her songs, but i think she has a great voice.
Yeah, she's pretty good, although, in my opinion, I could have lived without her cover of "How Does She Know?" from Enchanted. Too much screaming for a Disney princess song.

EDIT: oh and by the way, i'm 13. so do i fit into the target audience?
Well, the way I see it, the target age group would be tweens to early teen years. Like, maybe eight or nine as the youngest and thirteen or fourteen as the oldest ages.

Now call me the devil's advocate, but to me the Beatles may be a bit overrated. I love them to pieces and they left a gigantic footprint in the music business, but it seems now their legacy is the target of cheapo cashgrabs (Kidz Bop Sings The Beatles, anyone?), fabricated by people who probably don't know the real significance of their music. (I dare anyone to listen to the original Hello Goodbye and the Kidz Bop version and say there's no difference. The kids sound like robots with no emotion)
In the case of what you're saying, I wouldn't really say "overrated" so much as "overdone".

Nick22

Reaction score
Yeah, she's pretty good, although, in my opinion, I could have lived without her cover of "How Does She Know?" from Enchanted. Too much screaming for a Disney princess song..
i agree. very much. she sorta....butchered...the song.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I've spoke my peace about the Disney/Nick tweenpop conveyor belt. I don't have any beef with the musicians (such as they are), but I hate the "more of that where she came from" aspect where if any of the stars heads get too big, they get too old, or they want to have a respectable career doing something more constructive, they have exact clones singing the same type of music over and over. And there is NO need for them all to be actor musicians with cookie cutter shows. I said it before and I'll say it again, Thank FROG we have Phineas and Ferb holding up the last of Disney's TV animation (and what a great series it is!)

But again, I'd MUCH MUCH MUCH rather have my kids (had I any) listen to that gooey fluff than "Pimp done smack my ho!" And I'm not even a prude.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Let's just be honest here. Is there ANY musician who's voice isn't processed in this day and age? Even OLDER musicians need to have been processed in some aspect for re-releases of old albums. It's just some of the trickery that big music does. That's why things sound unfavorably different when they're performed live.
Jaret Reddick's voice isnt processed. He sounds exactly the same in concert (yes, I have been to a BFS concert. Online videos do not do justice) :stick_out_tongue:

but my point was that theres a difference in being processed and still sounding bad and processed and sounding good. But whatever :smirk:

But I agree with rather seeing kids listen to that than a lot of stuff that seems popular today

P.S. I noticed that the wording in the first thing i typed seems a bit...um...I cant find the right word. But anyway I wasnt trying to be as serious as it may have came across

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
Do individual songs count? Because I can think of three:

Can't stand "Party in the U.S.A." because many people say that they hate Miley Cyrus but love that song. Also, the radio just can't seem to get enough of the song "I Gotta Feeling" by the Black Eyed Peas. And finally, I don't see how "Come On, Eileen" by Dexy's Midnight Runners is the best one-hit wonder song of the eighties according to that show. :stick_out_tongue:

Jaret Reddick's voice isnt processed. He sounds exactly the same in concert (yes, I have been to a BFS concert. Online videos do not do justice) :stick_out_tongue:
\m/-_-\m/ Bowling for Soup may very well be one of the best of all the modern bands.

beau

Reaction score
Quite a few that don't.

You just don't hear about them because TV and radio don't like that.

dwmckim

Reaction score
The thing that bugs me so much about the Jonas Brothers is that they've been around for awhile (having the Disney machine behind you helps insure a little more longevity than other teen flavors of the moment) and despite the boys now being in their late teens-early 20's, there's no maturity in their voices - they still sound like pre-teens with that very annoying adolescent sound in their voices. What's worse is that this would be a conscious decision by either the band and/or their management because again being the product of a major conglomerate, you KNOW that they've got vocal coaches/trainers working with them frequently for each studio recording or concert performance - and any vocal coach worth their salt would be working to get RID of the whiny tone and work toward a more mature sound. But they're doing the opposite - they're trying to make them hold onto that 14 year old tone as long as possible which is not only musically horrid but will ruin their voices in the long run.