Muppets' Wizard of Oz cast list

matleo

Reaction score
The Muppets Take Manhattan Storybook

Meanwhile, miles away from the big city, the other Muppets were havin problems too. in the tiny, polka-crazed town of Monongahala, Pennsylvania, Dr. Teeth and the Lectric Mayhem were performing at the local Firman's Bazaar. the band was just getting ready to play another polka.

"All right! here's another down home polka for you polka-crazy cats and kittens," Floyd announced from the bandstand. the other band members goraned. It was their eighty-ninth polka of the evening.

"like....I'm not even actually sure my vibes will survive," janice whispered. "I thinkI'm polk'd out."

Just then Floyd was approached by two strange-looking characters. Dr. Bunsen Honeydew introduced himself and his assistant Beaker. "we couldn't helpbut notice your drummer has been playing a mite bit out of tempo," the scientist said to Floyd

"Animal is wigging out. Polkas just aren't his thing." Floyd admitted.

"Luckily for you," said dr. Honeydew," I have my gas-powered drumometer here which plugs directly into the Drummer's brain." Beaker held up a weird looking device.

"if you can find his brain sure," Floyd said, ad the strange cap was put on Animal's head. Dr. Honeydew started the motor, gave Dloydthe signal and the band launced into the 'How come they never get tired of polka?" polka.

But in a few moments Animal was slowing down, so dr. honeydew instructed Beaker turn the motor up. When he did, Animal started drumming faster and faster, making the dnacers spin around at a crazy speed. His eyes lit up like fireworks, smoke poured out of his ears, and he bashed hs drums harder and harder, faster and faster. He drummed in double triple time, and then suddenly there was a terrific explosion and Animal stared out from under the the blackened, smoking cap on his head. "one more time!" he yelld, and then slowly fell over.

and that's how the dleted scene plays out in the book. I think they might have actually shot it too. if you look in the background of the book. Towards the end, when everyone is receiving their letters to return to NYC, in the pic of the band gettng theirs you can see beaker in the corner. I think they're there in the film at the same point. I'd have to go back and look.

Getting back to Oz, I like the idea of seeing the pirate puppets return as bad guys in this. there were some cool looking puppets used in MCC and MTI and am glad to see them get a bit more used. Those human puppets in VMC (who also appear in the background of MCC) are pretty ugly though. And my guess is yes, Sweetums as well as the others will turn good at the end since that's what happens to the Witch's mnions in the book. They no longer have to fear her tyranny and they are greatful to Dorothy.

--Matt

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Hey matleo, aww you typed all that for us! Thank you very much! Yep that's how i figured the sceen would work, and i think you right about beaker too, as it also shows Bunsen and Beaker in the end with the other chracters Kermit welcomes to be in the broadway show. It only seems right that they would have and did have a sence in the movie. Now i only hope someday if it was films that it could be put on Disney relased TMTM dvd if the footage is around and in good shape?

DanDanStrawberry

Reaction score
Is Clueless Morgan one of the returning pirates, I think he should be cleaned up and made one of the regular line-up gang!!

The Good Doctor

Reaction score
I am getting confused here having trouble keeping up with so many long posts. any way.....My wife is leaveing me...so that is the end of my studio in the basement...I have to find a new place......RATS.....just when you think every thing is going great.....BANG.

Well i will have to take waht i got and fly with it.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Nah. It will be on DVD pretty soon after it is released on TV. I'd bet on that.

Bea:zany:{Hmmm. Do I really stil have my christmas Avator up? Just goes to show how much I've been online recently...}re{i.e. hardly any}gard

christyb

Reaction score
Aye, and we've missed you. Besides your Christmas avatar is cute.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Hey, thanks.

Yes, i've missed you guys oto, but I just havn't had uch online time to get here. We only have one computer on the net at mo (while moving to Broadband), but, hopefully today I'll have Bradband on my computer too. You'll see more'a'me then!