Muppet Listings 15.0

MuppetDude

Reaction score
Whoops. :embarrassed:

I didn't pay attention to the spelling. Sorry; you're right, they should be separate.

TotallySpiesFan

Reaction score
Here are some more entries, from Barrio Sesamo's first season:

CARACOL PEREZGIL: A green snail with a brown shell, green hair, and glasses.

GALLINA CAPONATA: A red chicken version of Big Bird pink hair and wattles.

BEAR

Reaction score
Ed, I don't know if you want to add this to the listing entry, but I have seen Grungetta refered to a lot as Grungetta Grunge. I didn't know she had a last name before, but you may want to consider it.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Me thinks I know what you're talking about Bry. You got that from the cast listing for Sesame Street over at www.imdb.com, fright? Well, I'm keeping all the entries I got from there already, but I'm not adding anymore entries they might have. There's a bit of confusion with the cast listing there, and I'm not sure I can trust their info 100%. So everything I've gotten so far will stay, at least until the day that I can initiate the full-on hands-on hardcore research I want to do to make this list into the full-blown Muppet Universe project I envision.
One piece of information, thanks to the "Minority Characters" thread Lexine has been confirmed as having appeared on the show.

Another thing is the current confusion/parameters we've adopted for adding the miscellaneous kids seen on SS. I'm just playing it by what we've laid out here in the ML threads, but maybe the SS head honchos have a different criteria for evaluating with random kid characters are part of the show/family and which aren't if any.
Waiting till Thursday to get another new episode and add to the list from what's left of Season 36. That and the last three tapes I'm awaiting.

So Bry, I take it this answered your questions as to who I have included here in the list huh?

BEAR

Reaction score
I didn't get it from imdb. It was from somewhere else. don't remember where as i saw it last week. saw a few sources with it actually. just a thought. You can do whatever with it.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
OK, thanks for the info Bry. So, how do you like the list so far? And there are major additions from this version to the one I've got currently in-progress on my master diskette.

BEAR

Reaction score
its good. I haven't thoroughly read it all really, but if I think of a minor character or new character, I check to make sure you have them in there. If its a fairly well known character i of course trust it is there and don't need to find it. Just some of the guys that might be forgotten. You do a great job!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
OK, need help with the BITBBH characters, this time with the animal or particular species each one is.
1 What's the name/title of the story the following characters came from?
The Damsel
The Dragon
Mousey the Great
2 These characters have their species as part of their names, so should they stay listed as they appear?
Bear.
Doc Hogg.
Jack the Firedog.
Jake the Dog.
The possums.
Shadow.
Ursa, Bear's Cousin.
3 Though the following characters have their species name, should they stay listed as they appear?
a. Or should the article "the" be added to their entry headings/names?
Edwina Badger
Jeremiah Tortoise
b. Or should the article "the" be removed from their entry headings/names?
Annette the Armadillo

4 What animal species are the following characters?
And should the article "the" be added to their entry headings/names or not?
Please correct me if any of these are wrong.
Christina = Rabbit.
Harry = Duck.
Jacques = Beaver.
Lois = Blue-Footed Booby.
Luke = Mouse.
Luna = Moon.
Moss = Mouse.
Mrs. Maxwell
Ojo = Bear Cub.
Pip = Otter.
Pop = Otter.
Ray = Sun.
Rita = Mouse.
Treelo = Lemur.
Tutter = Mouse.
5 Regarding the following characters:
a. Etta, Pip and Pop's Grandmother
Should it be changed to "Etta Otter" or "Etta the Otter", Pip and Pop's Grandmother?
b. Otto, Pip and Pop's Grandfather
Should be changed to "Otto Otter" or "Otto the Otter", Pip and Pop's Grandfather?
c. Tally, Pip and Pop's Cousin
Should it be changed to "Tally Otter" or "Tally the Otter", Pip and Pop's Cousin?
d. Grandma Flutter
Should it be changed to "Grandma Flutter Mouse" or "Grandma Flutter the Mouse", Tutter's Grandmother?
Just want to maintain consistency throughout the listing between these last additions and the characters asked about in Question 4 above.
Hope to hear from you guys soon and have a good day.

BEAR

Reaction score
The Count said:
OK, need help with the BITBBH characters, this time with the animal or particular species each one is.
The Damsel
The Dragon
Mousey the Great
2 These characters have their species as part of their names, so should they stay listed as they appear?
Bear.
Doc Hogg.
Jack the Firedog.
Jake the Dog.
The possums.
Shadow.
Ursa, Bear's Cousin.
3 Though the following characters have their species name, should they stay listed as they appear?
Edwina Badger
Jeremiah Tortoise
Annette the Armadillo

Christina = Rabbit.
Harry = Duck.
Jacques = Beaver.
Luke = Mouse.
Luna = Moon.
Moss = Mouse.
Mrs. Maxwell
Ojo = Bear Cub.
Pip = Otter.
Pop = Otter.
Ray = Sun.
Rita = Mouse.
Treelo = Lemur.
Tutter = Mouse.
Should it be changed to "Etta Otter" or "Etta the Otter", Pip and Pop's Grandmother?
Should be changed to "Otto Otter" or "Otto the Otter", Pip and Pop's Grandfather?
Should it be changed to "Tally Otter" or "Tally the Otter", Pip and Pop's Cousin?
d. Grandma Flutter
Should it be changed to "Grandma Flutter Mouse" or "Grandma Flutter the Mouse", Tutter's Grandmother?
Just want to maintain consistency throughout the listing between these last additions and the characters asked about in Question 4 above.
Hope to hear from you guys soon and have a good day.
I would list just "Grandma Flutter" and then in your description say that she is Tutter's grandmother. I think people knowing that Tutter is a mouse will get it. Also would never put "The" at the beginning of any entry. For example "The Dragon" could just simply be "Dragon".

MuppetDude

Reaction score
The Damsel
The Dragon
Mousey the Great

I don't think I've heard of them, but I don't mind whether or not they have "The" in it; you've used it before, like in EW, so it probably doesn't matter.

Bear.
Doc Hogg.
Jack the Firedog.
Jake the Dog.
The Possums.
Shadow.
Ursa, Bear's Cousin.

They sound good to me.

Edwina Badger
Jeremiah Tortoise
Annette the Armadillo

All of these sound appropriate to me; that's how I heard them.

Christina = Rabbit.
Harry = Duck.
Jacques = Beaver.
Luke = Mouse.
Luna = Moon.
Moss = Mouse.
Mrs. Maxwell
Ojo = Bear Cub.
Pip = Otter.
Pop = Otter.
Ray = Sun.
Rita = Mouse.
Treelo = Lemur.
Tutter = Mouse.

I don't think I've heard any of them referred to by their animal origin, but I think except for Pip and Pop, they could have "the" added (I think I heard the otters have "Otter" as part of their name).

Also, though a blue-footed booby is used as a puppet, Lois is referred to on the show as a loon.

I think "Otter" is their name, but since their related to Pip and Pop there probably shouldn't be anything extra added. I'd keep it as "Etta, Pip and Pop's Grandmother" and "Otto, Pip and Pop's Grandfather".

See above.

d. Grandma Flutter

What Bear said.