Muppet Listings 15.0

MuppetDude

Reaction score
Still need help with the brown Robin fish from Don Knotts TMS, and the Turtle from Victor Borge TMS (both Swedish Chef segments).

I've never seen the brown fish, but there's a pic of the turtle at the Kermitage site. He's green, with legs and head made to sink back into the puppet.

Also... In what SS song/sketch did the character identified as ""The Zebra" appear?
In what SS song/sketch did the group entry for the characters identified as "The Zig-Zag Dancers" appear?

Other than a few photos, the only time I've seen a zebra is twice: once during the "ZZ Blues" song (operated by wires, with a green stripe down his face), and in the remade version of "We Are All Earthlings" (performed by Jill Scott), they used the Animal Show puppet with more Muppety eyes.

The other song is probably known as "The Zig Zag Dance".

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
OK... Will add "The Zig-Zag Dance" tag to that entry, will leave the entry for the SS Zebra as is.
When going over the list, I came back and forth between here and Kermitage. When I got to the entry for the TMS Turtles, decided to change it to the current entry I have on my diskette as follows: "The Turtle (TMS, from the song "I Go To Rio")"
So, was wondering if the other turtle made especially for the Swedish Chef sketch in the Victor Borge episode should be listed separately. Wondering if there rully is a brown Robin the Frog fish in the Swedish Chef segment in the Don Knotts episode, since Kermitage refers to it but none of my sources have seen it.
Oh well...

A few more questions.
Should Jake the Dog from BITBBH be added?
Should the Sharks from TMS, from the song "Boom A Raka-Sharky" in the Crystal Gale episode be added?
Should the Arabian Oil Drillers from the Kenny Rogers episode be added?
Should the Half Man's Wife, from the song "Something's Missing" be added, if there was such a character?
Hope to hear from you guys soon.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
When going over the list, I came back and forth between here and Kermitage. When I got to the entry for the TMS Turtles, decided to change it to the current entry I have on my diskette as follows: "The Turtle (TMS, from the song "I Go To Rio")"
So, was wondering if the other turtle made especially for the Swedish Chef sketch in the Victor Borge episode should be listed separately. Wondering if there rully is a brown Robin the Frog fish in the Swedish Chef segment in the Don Knotts episode, since Kermitage refers to it but none of my sources have seen it.
Oh well...

The turtle from the Chef's segment was probably seen in only one episode, but I'm not sure.

A few more questions.

Should Jake the Dog from BITBBH be added?
Yes; he works at the fire station.

Should the Sharks from TMS, from the song "Boom A Raka-Sharky" in the Crystal Gale episode be added?
Sure.

Should the Arabian Oil Drillers from the Kenny Rogers episode be added?
Yes. Ironically, I was going to contribute them to the list.

Should the Half Man's Wife, from the song "Something's Missing" be added, if there was such a character?
There IS such a character; she's made from the peach pointy-nosed Whatnot with a pink nose, black hair, and glasses. She wore a blue dress.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
So... Though they're two different characters Jack the Firedog and Jake the Dog both happen to work at the fire station?
Will add these then. Will be back to ask about the BITBBH animals after gathering them up.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
They're the same dog.

A note on the sharks: They also appeared together in the "Deborah Harry" episode, so they probably shouldn't have a specific entry besides "TMS".

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hmmm... When you say Jack and Jake are the same dog, do you mean...
1 They're the same type of dog?
2 They're the same character and shouldn't be listed as two different entries?
Just trying to sort this out.

TotallySpiesFan

Reaction score
The Count said:
Hmmm... When you say Jack and Jake are the same dog, do you mean...
1 They're the same type of dog?
2 They're the same character and shouldn't be listed as two different entries?
Just trying to sort this out.
I'm sure they're the same type of dog.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
Right; I'm guessing that you learned of Jack from Xerus's recent fan-fiction (or somewhere else), but TSF is right; it's the same puppet, and the same character; we just had different names for him.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
OK, let me clarify...

Jack the Firedog was amongst the list of BITBBH characters I got in the old thread posted about whether or not I should accept international characters into the listings.
Jake the Dog came from not Xerus's fan fiction of Battle of the Muppet All-Stars... But rather from his thread asking about the name of the dog in the BITBBH Christmas episode, to which abiraniriba responded that it was named Jake the Dog because his name was Jake and he was a dog.
So I ask again... Are these two different characters meritorious of separate entries?
Or should I just leave it at Jack the Firedog who works at the fire station and forget about this homeless dog from the Christmas episode?

Hope to get this sorted out soon.

TotallySpiesFan

Reaction score
The Count said:
OK, let me clarify...

Jack the Firedog was amongst the list of BITBBH characters I got in the old thread posted about whether or not I should accept international characters into the listings.
Jake the Dog came from not Xerus's fan fiction of Battle of the Muppet All-Stars... But rather from his thread asking about the name of the dog in the BITBBH Christmas episode, to which abiraniriba responded that it was named Jake the Dog because his name was Jake and he was a dog.
So I ask again... Are these two different characters meritorious of separate entries?
Or should I just leave it at Jack the Firedog who works at the fire station and forget about this homeless dog from the Christmas episode?

Hope to get this sorted out soon.
Why don't you leave it as Jack the Fire Dog who works at the fire station and forget about this homeless dog from the Christmas episode?