Leah and Zoot Forever

Zoot Fan 1981

Reaction score
After reading, re reading and doing some thinking. I think I'm ready to take a stab at this. I hope you enjoy what I write. Here goes.

Chapter 5: Planning the proposal

Two years had passed and Zoot and Leah's love had grown over time. Zoot had been going jewelry shops to look at engagement rings. Years ago before Zoot met Leah, he and Floyd were talking about whether they were eventually going to marry if they found the right woman.

*Flashback*
Zoot was sitting on his sofa polishing his sax as Floyd entered the room.
"Hey, man. What's up?" Floyd said. Zoot looked up and shrugged.
"Just polishing the 'ol sax." he said.
"I've been thinkin'." Floyd told him as he sat down next to him. He strummed his guitar strings. "Janice and I have been talking about possibly getting married later on down the road." Zoot stopped polishing and raised his eyebrows.
"Really?" Zoot said. "You know after you get married to Janice she's going to turn into a nagging wife."
"Naw, man. You know she isn't like that."
"She isn't now." Zoot told him. "I'd rather be free. She'll think she owns you once she has that ring on her finger. I can see her saying Floyd, do this. Floyd, do that." Floyd ignored the last comment Zoot made.
"Don't you want to show people how much you love your woman?" Floyd asked. He was tuning his guitar and strummed his strings some more.
"There are other ways to show your woman you love her. Marriage is just a piece of paper, man. That's all." Zoot picked up his rag and began polishing again. "I'm never getting married. I decided that after Janice and I ended our relationship."
"You might change your mind." Floyd said getting up off the couch. "The right woman is waiting." Zoot watched him as he walked away. Zoot replaced his reed and mumbled "Yeah right." to himself and started to play his sax.
*end of flashback*
Floyd teased him when he found out about Zoot's ring shopping.
"I'm never getting married." Floyd joked. "I told you that someday you would fall in love and you're in deep!"
"Yeah I know. I was young, man. Who knew huh?"
"Hey, Jan!" Floyd hollered. "You owe me $50.00! Haha! Zoot is going to pop the question!"
Leah was in her dressing room getting ready to go out with a few friends. She put on her favorite spaghetti strap shirt that had a heart on it, a black leather jacket, along with a necklace Zoot gave her as a birthday gift. It had his name in sparkly jewels. She was combing her hair when Zoot knocked on her door.
"Come in!" she called.
"Hey, babe." Zoot said, giving her a kiss.
"Hi, honey." They embraced warmly."You look like you're up to something."
"I have something big planned. Something you're going to love."
Leah smiled at her soon to be fiance. "I'll be thinking of you while I'm out with my girlfriends."
"Try not to miss me too much." Zoot joked. Just as they leaned in to kiss, there was a knock on the door. It was Leah's friends. The door opened before Leah could even get to it to open it for them. Jennifer, a tall skinny girl with blonde hair was the first to walk in. She was followed by Teri, an attractive girl who was slightly shorter than Jenny and Jerrica who looked like a rock star.
"Who's this dude with the shades?" Jerri asked. "He's hot."
"This, ladies is my boyfriend Zoot." Leah said, blushing a little. "Zoot, this is Teri, Jerrica, and Jenny."
"Hi." Zoot said waving to them.
"I didn't know you were dating such a good looking man." Jenny said. "It's nice to meet you, Zoot."
Teri shook Zoot's hand. "Are you ready, Leah? Girl, I missed you like crazy! Can't wait to party with ya."
"I missed you all too! Let me get my purse and make up on." Leah rushed to the bathroom leaving Zoot with 3 chatty women. He felt a little awkward.
"Leah told us all about you in her letters to us." Teri said.
"She did?" Teri nodded.
"She never sent us any pics although she said she would." Jerrica said. "You guys must be busy."
"We have to practice for our gigs and stuff. Leah and I have been spending a lot of time together."
"Awww." Teri said. Leah came out of the bathroom with her purse over her shoulder.
"Let's go, girls!" Leah said smiling. "Love you, Sweetie. Knowing these girls, I'll be back late." She and Zoot hugged and kissed and the girls headed out the door.
Zoot watched as the 4 girls piled up in Teri's convertible and drove away.
Now was the time to start getting things set up.
Zoot saw Janice and Floyd jamming together.
"Hey, Jan. I need a woman's opinion on engagement rings." Zoot said boldly. Floyd and Janice stopped playing.
"You're asking me to help you? The man who told me he was never going to get married??"
"Yeah yeah. I know I said that."
"I told you!" Floyd said and started laughing. "50 please." He held out his hand. Janice sighed and gave Floyd his money. "Thanks, baby cakes!"
"Sure I'll go with you. I know the perfect store to go to. It's Leah's favorite jewelry store."
"What's it called?" Zoot asked.
"It's on a street corner like two blocks from here." Janice said. "I can't remember the name."
"Let's go. We're not taking the bus because I don't want Leah to know." Zoot said.
"You don't want Leah to know what?" A gravelly voice said, startling Zoot and Janice. It was the good doctor.
"Zoot is going to pop the question." Janice told him. Teeth's eyes widened. Zoot expected him to say and you said you were never getting married but to his surprise he didn't. "I'm happy for you, man." He patted Zoot on the back. "Have you talked about wedding plans?"
"I haven't even asked her yet." Zoot said.
"You know she'll accept, man. She's crazy about you. You're her world." Dr. Teeth said and walked away.
"Let's go to the jewelry store before they close." Janice said pulling Zoot toward the door.

Janice and Zoot walked the two blocks to the jewelry store.
"Here it is." Janice said. "Jem's Jewels."
"That's weird."
"Jem is the owner's name." Janice told him. They walked in. A short woman walked out.
"Hi, guys. How may I help you?" she said cheerfully.
"We're here to look at engagement rings." Zoot said shifting his weight.
"And wedding bands." Janice added. "Don't forget wedding bands."
"Right this way." Jem lead Zoot and Janice to the wedding sets. She also had single engagement rings. Zoot looked at the sparkling rings. They were gorgeous.
"I'm not sure what to look at. They are all so pretty." Zoot said in awe. Janice was looking too.
"There is a certain one that she pointed out to me and I can't find it. It had a heart shaped ruby - HERE IT IS!" Janice pointed to it. "Can we see this ring?"
Jem opened the glass and pulled out the ring.
"Can you picture her wearing this ring on her finger?"
Before Zoot could answer her, Leah's friend Teri walked into the jewelry store. She noticed Zoot with Janice.
"Hey, guy. What's your name again?" Teri said.
"Uh uh" Zoot stammered.
"Zoot!" Janice said. "His name is Zoot."
"What are you doing?" Teri asked.
"Looking at rings. I'm asking Leah to marry me but don't tell her." Teri pointed at Janice.
"Why is she with you?" she asked. "Leah is my best friend and you better not be cheating on her."
"Zoot would NEVER EVER do that to Leah!" Janice said. "He loves her too much. I'm here to help him pick out the perfect ring."
Zoot carefully examined the heart shaped ring. He pictured the look on Leah's face as he slipped the ring on her finger. He started smiling. He looked at the price tag on the shiny band. It was $700. Zoot counted the cash he had on him. The smile disappeared when he found that he only had $400 on him.
"What's wrong?" Janice asked.
"I can't buy it." Zoot said. He was upset. "I don't have enough money. This ring will be perfect for my girl." Janice started digging through her purse. "What are you doing?"
"I'm looking for money to help you, silly." Janice said. She found a $50 and gave it to Zoot. "I think I have more."
"I'll help too. My best friend deserves this." Teri said. She started digging through her purse until she found her wallet. She opened it.
"Here's another $50 and $100. This makes $200." Janice said.
"That gives me $600." Zoot said. "I still need $100." Janice kept digging and digging. No luck.
"That's all I have on me." Janice sighed. "I wish I had more."
"I have a few hundreds on me from my savings." Teri said. "Will you accept a couple hundred?" Zoot's smile reappeared. "On two conditions."
"What conditions?" Zoot asked.
"That you'll be the best husband ever and we get invited." Teri smiled.
"You know I will and you are invited." Teri handed him her cash and he rushed to the jeweler. "I want this ring please." She looked at it.
"Sir, this ring is on sale. It's half off." she told him as she was getting out her calculator. "That will be $350 plus tax." Zoot handed her his $400.
"I guess I don't need the extra money you girls gave me". He said giving the girls back their money. Both girls refused to take it.
"You keep it." both Teri and Janice said. Zoot put it into his wallet and put the wallet in his pocket. Teri hugged him. Zoot hugged her back.
"I know you'll make that evening special for Leah and don't worry, I won't say a word to her about it." she said and left. Zoot felt his cell phone buzz. It was a text from Leah. It said "Hey, honey the girls bought a hotel room for the next couple of nights. I will be spending the night with them tonight. Okay? I'll call you later. Love you, baby. xoxoxo Zoot smiled.
He texted her back. Hey, babe. Got your text. Have a great time with your friends and spend as much time with them while they're in town. I'll see you later. I'm busy getting that surprise planned and I know you're going to love it. I love you.
This is going to be perfect for him to get his big surprise put together for their special night Next stop: flower shop then to find the perfect place to propose.

To be continued . . .

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Thank you! I will write more tomorrow :cool: I'm glad you liked what I wrote.

Me too! I didn't realize until now that Jaz started this fanfic and then you stepped in and made it very strong. I'm not saying that you are trying to do anything wrong, but it's great that are filling in for Jaz's absence. I miss her writing. (sighs)

She is probably busy with something else.

Zoot Fan 1981

Reaction score
Me too! I didn't realize until now that Jaz started this fanfic and then you stepped in and made it very strong. I'm not saying that you are trying to do anything wrong, but it's great that are filling in for Jaz's absence. I miss her writing. (sighs)

She is probably busy with something else.
Thank you! I just had to add to this but of course I asked permission first since Jaz started this story. I enjoyed reading what she wrote. I hope she likes what I have written whenever she has the time to get on here and read it. Now to ponder ideas on what Zoot is going to set up for the special night he has planned for Leah :cool:

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
You write better in this story than I do man... :cool:

*applause*
:big_grin:

You know what, Jaz? Both you and Zoot Fan 1981 are great writers. Unfortunately, I saw some errors such as little boxes. You made some itsny tinsy bit of errors. You are still a wonderful fanfic writer.

Zoot Fan 1981

Reaction score
Thanks! Unfortunately, I don't always catch my errors until it's too late. I stayed up late writing it and I had to get it on here while it was fresh on my mind.

Zoot Fan 1981

Reaction score
Continued from Chapter 5 :big_grin:
It was still early in the evening. Janice and Zoot walked from the jewelry store to the flower shop.
"I still can't believe you're going to ask her." Janice said to him. "Like what made you change your mind about marriage?"
"I love her." Zoot told her. "I really love her. I have it all planned out in my mind. I just hope that it goes just perfect."
"You must be all nerves." Janice said. Zoot nodded.
"I'm very nervous about it. I'm not getting any younger and I know I want to settle down with Leah." Zoot's phone rang. He answered it. "Hello, babe." It was Leah.
"Hi, hon. How are things?"
"It's groovy. Just hanging with Janice. How is it going with your friends?"
"It's crazy." Leah said and laughed. "We went out and danced and had a few drinks. Teri was hitting on some guy. It was hilarious! She ended up spilling her drink on herself somehow. Now we're hanging out in the hotel room catching up on things."
"How did she spill her drink?" Zoot asked.
"She won't say. She says it's too embarrassing." Leah laughed. "I can only imagine." Zoot chuckled. "Teri told me that she saw you at the jewelry shop. What were you and Janice doing there?" Zoot started to feel nervous. He had to come up with something, and quick.
"Jan was with me to help me decide on a necklace for you. I needed a woman's opinion." he said. Good thinking, Zoot. Janice gave him a thumbs up.
"Oh I see." Leah said.
"Leah! Who are you talking to?? Get over here, girl! We ordered a couple of pizzas and we're about to watch this awesome movie!" Jenny called and threw a pillow at her friend.
"I'm talking to Zoot! I'll be there in a minute." she said, throwing the pillow meaning to hit Jenny but hit Jerrica instead. It knocked her drink out of her hand. "Hey!" Jerrica screamed. "Aw, man! Now I have to change! Thanks a lot, Leah."
Leah giggled. "I love you, Zoot."
"I love you too, Leah. I'm glad you're having a great time with the girls. See you when you get back home." Leah kissed the mouthpiece on her phone and Zoot returned the kiss. They said goodbye and hung up.
"Kissy kissy!" Janice teased and started laughing.
"You and Floyd get that way too, man." Zoot said.
"He calmed down alot and besides we don't do the kissy kissy on the phone like that when we talk."
"Oh yes you do." Zoot said. "I've seen you but you never noticed. Let's look at the flowers."
"You're going way out on this proposal, aren't you?" Janice asked. Zoot nodded.
"This is a special thing for a girl. It's pressure on us guys. All we do is ask and wait for a yes or no and if it's a no then it's like a scar for life or something."
Zoot looked at all of the different flowers. There were so many kinds to choose from. Everything from red roses to yellow sunflowers.
"What do you plan on doing?" Janice asked. "Like, buy the place out?"
"Are you crazy? I'm just buying a dozen roses. I'm not sure what I want to do with the ring."
"You want to do something memorable, rully." Janice told him. Zoot was only half listening. He was thinking of how he was going to propose. He could do it the old fashioned way and get down on one knee but to him it kinda looked like he was begging her to marry him so that was ruled out.
"I want to do something different." Zoot told Janice. "Any ideas?" She thought for a minute.
"You could put her ring in the bottom of her glass and ask her when she discovers it." Janice suggested.
"I believe that was done before, Jan." Zoot said. "What if she doesn't notice it and swallow it? That would be a disaster not to mention awkward."
"We can like keep thinking on a creative way to ask her." Janice said.
"I have it!" Zoot shouted. Everyone at the flower shop looked at him. "I'll need help." Zoot purchased a dozen roses and quickly left the shop with Janice doing her best to keep up.
Back home, Zoot, Janice and Floyd were discussing Zoot's plan. Janice walked out of her dressing room with a ton of candles and matches.
"You mean you're not asking her at the restaurant?" Floyd asked, puzzled.
"Yeah. I'm asking her after later."
"Here are my lavender scented candles you wanted." Janice said, putting a ton of them down.
"Let's get them into position just to make sure there's enough of them." Zoot said. The 3 of them worked together. Zoot made the circle on the table in Leah's room where the ring was going to be placed. Floyd looked at him. "The ring box is going to go in the middle of this circle." he explained. Floyd nodded. Janice placed her candles in a long line from the circle leading to the door. There were plenty of candles.
"So this is it?" Floyd asked. "You're just going to have her walk in and follow the trail?"
"Yeah. Keep Animal out of the way of the flames." Zoot told him. "You know how he gets when he gets excited."
"You can count on us, bro." Floyd said, putting his arm around Zoot's shoulder. "You're taking a big step, man."
"I just hope that this goes just as I planned." Zoot said.

Chapter 6: The big night

"Well, this is it, man!" Floyd said excitedly. "Tonight's the night."
Zoot didn't say much. He was so nervous he was sweating. Leah had gotten back from the hotel and her friends left for home. It was an emotional good bye. She was a little depressed that her friends had to leave but she was anxious to see Zoot's surprise. She didn't suspect that Zoot was going to ask her. Floyd was helping Zoot get dressed up for tonight. Zoot asked Leah to wear her best clothes. Leah was in her room taking a shower.
"Remember to set up the candles around her ring." Zoot reminded Floyd as he gave him the ring box.
"Don't forget what you're supposed to do, man." Floyd told him. "You know how your mind wanders off sometimes."
"I hope I don't forget. I'm so nervous, man. I'm sweating like crazy." Zoot said.
"You'll be fine, man." Floyd told him. "I'll have Jan hold onto this. I don't want to lose it." He left the room and called to Janice. Zoot was alone. He sat down on his bed and looked at his sandals. He decided to grab his sax and play it until Leah got done getting ready.
"I wonder what Zoot has planned tonight that's so important?" Leah wondered out loud to herself. Janice sneaked into Leah's room.
"Oh you'll see!" she said. Leah jumped. "Sorry. Didn't mean to scare you."
"Oh it's alright." Leah said. "I've felt bummed out since my friends had to go back home. Can you get me a towel, Jan?"
"Sure." Janice opened the cabinet and handed Leah her towel. She patted her pocket to make sure the ring was still there. Both girls could hear Zoot making his sax wail. Leah stepped out of the shower and dried off.
"Do you know what Zoot had planned?"
"It's a surprise." Janice told her. "I know you're going to love it." She handed Leah her long sparkly purple dress. Zoot loved her in that dress so she chose it to wear tonight. Leah grabbed it and put it on. Janice helped style her hair. Janice and Leah didn't say too much to each other. Leah was excited about tonight. Janice was excited for her. "You two have fun." Janice shouted as they left.
The waved as they pulled away. Now was Janice's chance to get everything set.
"Floyd, they're gone!" Janice hollered. "Let's get everything set up!"
"SET UP!! SET UP!!" Animal shouted excitedly.
"Animal," Floyd said firmly. "Jan and I are going to set up the candles."
"OOOOOOHHHHH Candles!!" Animal said.
"We need you to be good and stay out of the way." Janice said.
"Okay, Janice. Animal do what you say."
"Good boy." Floyd said. "Now go practice beating your drums."
"BEAT DRUMS!!!! BEAT DRUMS!!!!" he shouted and ran to his drum set. Janice and Floyd worked together to get the candles lined up and ready for Zoot's signal to light them.
"Hey, babe. What's the signal?" Floyd asked.
"Zoot is like going to text us to light them." she explained. "He's going to excuse himself from the table about 10 minutes before they leave."
"Okay. Just checking."
At the restaurant, Zoot and Leah found a table to sit at. Like a true gentleman he pulled out Leah's chair so she could sit down.
"Thank you." she said and sat down. He placed the dozen roses on the table. "Oh, Zoot! They're beautiful!" She smelled them.
"They're beautiful just like you." Zoot said and smiled. They held hands. "I love you so much."
"I love you too. With all of my heart and soul." Leah replied. They smiled at each other. Soon the waiter appeared. It was Gonzo.
"What will you two lovebirds have?"
"We haven't got out menus yet, man!" Zoot told him. Gonzo smacked his head.
"I'm always forgetting that! Hold on. RIZZO!" Gonzo called and dashed off.
A few minutes later, a rat handed Zoot and Leah their menus.
"Sorry." he said and ran off. Zoot and Leah studied their menus.

To be continued. . . (getting too tired to write more)

Zoot Fan 1981

Reaction score
Chapter 6 continued . . .
"Have you made a decision on what you want to eat?" Leah asked Zoot.
"Uhhhh. . . I think I'll have some swedish meatballs." Zoot replied. "They look good. What about you?"
"I'm going to have the swordfish. I feel like trying something new tonight." Leah said. "I hear it's really good."
"What my lady wants is what she gets." Zoot said smiling at her. Beads of sweat appeared on his forehead. Leah noticed.
"Are you okay?" she asked, concerned. "You look nervous." Zoot dabbed his forehead and decided to put his hat on.
"I'm okay." he said. "So tell me about those couple of days with your girl friends."
"Oh my gosh. We had so much fun!" Leah said excitedly.
Back home, the band were hanging out together.
"He's really going to do it, huh?" Dr. Teeth kept asking.
"Yes, man." Floyd said. "Even I can't believe it. Ever since we became friends and talked about our future he always said that he was never slipping a ring on some chick's finger."
"How long have you known Zoot?" Janice asked.
"Since we were in 7th or 8th grade. We were little rockers back then. He was such an awkward kid but he was head of our school band with that sax." Floyd told all of them. "Our music teacher was always using him as an example on how to play woodwinds the right way. He was the most gifted kid in music but the other kids always picked on him."
"That must explain why he's so quiet." Dr. Teeth said.
"It was part of it. Zoot and I eventually dropped out but for different reasons." Floyd continued. "Zoot knew what he wanted in life just as much as I did. We dropped out around the same time. I got my GED but he never did."
"Why?" Janice curiously asked. She was laying on her stomach and resting her hands on her chin.
"He didn't feel the need for it." Floyd explained. "He always said 'what do I need a piece of paper for? You don't need that to be a musician.' We talked about playing together for awhile until we found a few more band mates to form a real band."
"What about his parents?" Dr. Teeth asked, thinking about the accident he had with Leah's parents which still haunted him. No matter how many times he apologized to Leah about it, she just pushed him away. Deep down he really was sorry but it was still a touchy subject that he dared not bring up unless Leah decided to talk to him about it which of course hasn't happened yet.
Floyd shrugged. "All I know, man is that Zoot's father left him to take care of his siblings while his poor mom worked 2 jobs just to feed them. He never said much about his life at home. He had to babysit his sisters and younger brother a lot. One night I found him playing his sax on a street corner as people passed by and put money in his sax case. It was the only way he could help his mom out."
"That's awful!" Janice gasped. Floyd nodded. "That must be a reason he always said he would never start a family.
"Man." Dr. Teeth said. "I'd probably feel the same way if I had to live that way. Poor guy."
"He was around 15 years old. He wasn't ready to take on any responsibility like that. He was pretty much the dad if you want to put it that way. He was tied down until his youngest sister was old enough to take care of herself. After a big fight with his mom he decided to leave home and try to make it on his own as a musician."
"Sounds like a rotten childhood to me." Janice said. "He couldn't even be a normal teenager." Floyd nodded and put on his bass guitar. "Let's jam awhile until he calls." The others agreed and started playing.
Back at the restaurant, Zoot and Leah just finished their meal.
"That was so good." Leah said, patting her full tummy. "I can't eat another bite."
"I'm glad you enjoyed it, babe." Zoot said. He pushed out his chair. "Gotta go for a minute. Be right back." He headed toward the men's room. He closed the door and sent Janice a text message. It was time to light the candles. The Mayhem was jamming until Janice felt her pocket vibrate.
"Hold on, dudes." she said and the music abruptly stopped. "I got a text from Zoot." She flipped open the phone. It read "It's time. I'm bringing her home in a few."
"That's our cue. Dr. Teeth, you got the matches?" Floyd said.
"Right here, man." he said, pulling them out of his pocket. Janice patted her pocket. It felt flat. She put her hand into her other pocket. No ring.
"Uh, Guys. The ring like, fell out of my pocket." She was panicking.
"I haven't seen it." the good doctor said shaking his head.
"Me neither." Floyd said. They all looked at Animal.
"Animal good boy!" Animal shouted shaking his head. "Animal didn't take ring."
"I'll light the candles, you two start looking." Floyd told them. Animal started to get excited. "Animal, heel!" Animal sat down. Janice ran to Leah's room and looked under some clothes. No ring. Dr. Teeth checked under and between the couch cushions. Still no ring. Floyd lit the last candle in Leah's room. Janice frantically searched under Leah's bed. Her phone buzzed. The text read 'is everything ready?' Janice's heart started pounding out of her chest.
"Zoot sent me a text wanting to know if everything is ready." she said panicking. She lifted Leah's dirty sweatshirt. Nothing underneath but some bracelets. They were almost home now. Floyd lifted up Leah's bag and found it.
"Text him and tell him yes." Floyd told her as he set the ring on the table in the circle of candles. Janice did what Floyd told her. He opened the box. The shiny heart shaped ring was in it. "Teeth! We found the ring!" Floyd called.
Outside, Zoot struggled with the keys. Leah patiently waited as he found the right key and slipped it into the knob. Floyd hit the lights just in time. The place was dark except for the bright glow from the lavender scented candles.
"Zoot," Leah started to say but he put his finger over her lips. Animal, Floyd, Dr. Teeth, and Janice watched as Zoot gently took her hands and lead her to her bedroom door.
"Close your eyes." Zoot whispered. "I have a big surprise for you." Little did Zoot know, Janice added one final touch. She spelled out will you marry me with rose petals from a couple of roses she secretly purchased from the flower shop. Leah took a deep breath and did what Zoot asked. She held out her other arm as Zoot lead her into the candle lit room. Leah's heart was pounding. She was getting more and more excited. Maybe he put some flowers and chocolates on her bed for her. No, this was more than just that. This was way more special. Leah couldn't wait for Zoot to tell her to open her eyes. Zoot looked at the table, saw the rose petals and gave Janice a thumbs up meaning he approved of the rose petals. "Stay here and don't move."
"What gave you the idea of the rose petals?" he whispered to Janice. "Cool idea."
"I knew you would like it." Janice whispered back. "It's just a finishing touch."
"When can I open my eyes?" Leah asked. Her excitement was escalating so much she was shaking. Zoot quietly moved to the table and opened the box, showing the gorgeous ring.
"Okay, Lee." Zoot said, smiling. "Open them." Leah's hands were folded as if she were praying. She opened her eyes and saw the rose petals.
"Will you marry me?" she read aloud. Her eyes teared up, snatched the ring from the box and hugged Zoot. "Yes!! YES, Zoot. I'll marry you!!" They embraced and Floyd turned the lights on. Everyone was so happy for them. Janice was so happy she was crying. Her mascara was running. Floyd handed her a tissue and she wiped her eyes. Floyd held Janice close to him. Dr. Teeth smiled.
"Congratulations, guys!" The band said to the engaged couple. Janice hugged Leah to congratulate her, Dr. Teeth shook Zoot's hand and Floyd hugged Leah and gave Zoot a congratulatory punch in the arm.
"Okay, you all we should give them their privacy." Floyd said, shooing everyone out of the room leaving Zoot and Leah alone to embrace.
Nothing was said. Zoot and Leah looked into each other's eyes and kissed tenderly. This was definitely the most special and memorable night for Leah. She could hardly wait to start planning for the wedding.