In Development: Henson's Fraggle Rock Movie

BEAR

Reaction score
We get that you like your idea, Dil, but I'm afraid that is not how the storyline will work.

D

Dil

You see, (I repeat) I'm afraid, just exploring the Earth is not good enough for me. What would be good enough for me is that there would be 60 minutes of exploring Earth, and 45 minutes of exploring out of the Earth. This GOTTA be another special-effected movie, besides the earlier Muppet Movies!! Trust me, it will still be a funny and musical adventure.

BEAR

Reaction score
Dil said:
You see, (I repeat) I'm afraid, just exploring the Earth is not good enough for me. What would be good enough for me is that there would be 60 minutes of exploring Earth, and 45 minutes of exploring out of the Earth. This GOTTA be another special-effected movie, besides the earlier Muppet Movies!! Trust me, it will still be a funny and musical adventure.

Dil, the Fraggles are not about being funny and musical. They're about peace and good values (along with being silly sometimes). The Fraggles were originally created as a way to encourage world peace and put an end to war. What we are to be expecting from this movie (by information so far) is that the rest of the Fraggle 5 will venture out into our world (what they call "outer space" and discover what happens in our lives as human beings. I take it this will be a fairly present day setting and while there probably won't be any direct references to our current war, I'm sure something will be implied. What I mean to say is that this is the most opportune time for a film like this and to bring the Fraggles back to do what they were always meant to do.

D

Dil

Rrrrr, WHY NOT OUTER-OUTER SPACE? IT WOULD BE MORE ENTERTAINING THAN THE MODERN MUPPET MOVIES.

Yes, that movie WOULD have peace and good values.

BEAR

Reaction score
Dil said:
Rrrrr, WHY NOT OUTER-OUTER SPACE? IT WOULD BE MORE ENTERTAINING THAN THE MODERN MUPPET MOVIES.

Yes, that movie WOULD have peace and good values.

Okay, then tell us...why would they go to "outer-outer space"? What would be the point? What will they do there?

D

Dil

While in "Outer Space", they would explore around, and there they would find Uncle Travelling Matt, and 60 minutes later, they would find a rocket. And Matt would say "Ooh, there's the jackpot." Then Gobo says "What is it, Uncle Matt?" Then Matt would say "According to the World's Oldest Fraggle, a rocket can send you from outer space back to home." Then they would get in the rocket, with a more dramatic part, where one fraggle is behind and the rocket is about to launch, but luckilly all of the Fraggle will be there. But when they reach "Outer-Outer Space", they get confused, because they would think it was their way back home, but it's not, now, they've landed on the Moon, and Boober explained that they're now in Outer-Outer Space, and he thinks Outer-Outer Space is the Fraggles' worst nightmare. They would have an entertaining adventure there, finding some aliens, known as the Sillier Creatures, and halfway through the Outer-Outer Space adventure, they find Cantus, one of the Minstrels, now on the Moon, and a new Friend! And finally at the end, they return to Fraggle Rock and introduced the new friend.

IF you can contact the Jim Henson Company, you can ask the company about my idea, OK?

BEAR

Reaction score
Dil said:
While in "Outer Space", they would explore around, and there they would find Uncle Travelling Matt, and 60 minutes later, they would find a rocket. And Matt would say "Ooh, there's the jackpot." Then Gobo says "What is it, Uncle Matt?" Then Matt would say "According to the World's Oldest Fraggle, a rocket can send you from outer space back to home." Then they would get in the rocket, with a more dramatic part, where one fraggle is behind and the rocket is about to launch, but luckilly all of the Fraggle will be there. But when they reach "Outer-Outer Space", they get confused, because they would think it was their way back home, but it's not, now, they've landed on the Moon, and Boober explained that they're now in Outer-Outer Space, and he thinks Outer-Outer Space is the Fraggles' worst nightmare. They would have an entertaining adventure there, finding some aliens, known as the Sillier Creatures, and halfway through the Outer-Outer Space adventure, they find Cantus, one of the Minstrels, now on the Moon, and a new Friend! And finally at the end, they return to Fraggle Rock and introduced the new friend.

IF you can contact the Jim Henson Company, you can ask the company about my idea, OK?
Interesting, but what would be the mission? The point? The goal for the Fraggles? What are they set out to achieve? What's their objective? Who or what becomes their conflict in obtaining it? Things to think about, Dil. I think this premise you have might have potential as a new fan-fiction. I encourage you to develop this. As for the upcoming film, it isn't going to happen.

D

Dil

We'll see. If I was part of the Jim Henson Company, it WOULD happen.
Ha ha ha!!
You wouldn't believe it would happen, would you?

If you can contact the Jim Henson Company about my idea, and tell me if it would happen or not, I will see.

BEAR

Reaction score
Dil said:
We'll see. If I was part of the Jim Henson Company, it WOULD happen.
Ha ha ha!!
You wouldn't believe it would happen, would you?

If you can contact the Jim Henson Company about my idea, and tell me if it would happen or not, I will see.
Dil, why don't you contact them. Here you go:

The Jim Henson Company
1416 North La Brea Ave.
Hollywood, CA 90028
(323) 802-1500
www.henson.com

Good luck!