Hensonville City 2011

RedPiggy

Reaction score
*deep in the darkest of the night, where shadows rule the corners of the townhouse, two giggling voices can be heard*

Cotterpin: Make sure it fits.

Wrench (struggling): I'm trying, Cotterpin.

Cotterpin (laughs): You've got it backwards.

Wrench: Do YOU want to do this?

Cotterpin (sighs and giggles): Fine. Go ahead. What do I know?

Wrench (grunts): There. *dusts hands* What do you think?

Cotterpin: Hmmmmm ... we'll give it a shot.

*some sounds of equipment being moved around are heard*

Cotterpin (gasps): There! There! Can't you AIM?

Wrench (panting): It's not ... easy ... having to carry ... this big long thing around, Cotterpin. You could help out, you know.

Cotterpin: I can't do anything with the lights out.

Wrench: Use your imagination!

Cotterpin (annoyed): Just push it through!

Wrench (annoyed): It'd probably work better if you weren't YELLING at me!

Cotterpin (gasps): You've got it! Just hold it right -- MORE, MORE!

Wrench (grunting): ALMOST THERE!

Cotterpin (nearly ecstatic): ALMOST THERE! PEOPLE'LL COME 'ROUND FROM EVERYWHERE ... BUT WE'RE ... ALMOST ... THERE!

Wrench: You quote MUSICALS at a time like this?

Cotterpin (nearly faints from exhaustion)

*the lights turn on*

Kelly (finally waking up, angry that her work keeps calling her after a 4 day stint): What're you guys do -- wow.

*Cotterpin and Wrench are seen draped over a highly complex Doozer bridge*

Cotterpin (panting heavily): It's ... it's ... it's a new ... design ... for that one gap ... I found during ... a rock ... a rockslide near Doozer Dome. You like?

Kelly: -_- You guys are weird. *leaves*

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Keeps hearing the banjo plucking strings of the instrumental song Washington Square by the Village Stompers.

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Kim: [walking into the apartment] Hey, guys. Anybody needs me, I'll be in my room.
[goes into her room]
Lily: Wow. Kim's really down, isn't she?
Boober: No kidding. This is worse than last time.
Lily: Last time?
Gillis: About seven years ago, before your time, Kim's other grandma passed away and it was pretty hard on her. It wasn't as prolonged as this, though.
Boober: Which means it's gonna get worse before it gets better.
Gillis: Well, all we can do is just be there for her as much as possible, right everybody?
The Gang: Right!

-Kim

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Leaves a mug of hot chocolate for Kim at Apt 6, along with some sesame seed/doozerstick crumble cubes for her roomies.

Hope you're able to feel better Kim. Today would have been my paternal grandmother's birthday, she died about six to seven years ago. It wasn't easy seeing her those last few times... But at least we got to say goodbye.
*Goes back downstairs to make some more chocolate for whoever might want some.

DramaQueenMokey

Reaction score
Ellie: *at the top of her lungs* I'm cured, I'm cured, I'm cured!!!!

Bert: Well, I guess Ellie got her voice back.

Ellie: You bet she did, I mean, you bet I did! WOO-HOO!

Susie: I think I liked it better when she lost her voice...

Ellie: Puh-lease Susie! You just don't ever like my ideas! But right here, right now I say we party!

Ernie: I like that idea! *sits down at his drum set and starts playing a beat*

Ellie: *throws microphone to Susie* Take it Susie-palooza!

Susie: *doesn't love the variant of her name that was just used, catches microphone* Uh...um...what do I do? *nervous*

Ellie: Ah, I missed times like these!

newsmanfan

Reaction score
-------------------
:news: Here is a Muppet News Flash! Wayne Butkus has taken the conservative nominations in three states!

Rhonda: What? Goldie, baby, we've been through this...that's not Wayne.

*looking at repetitive political nonsense on MMN* Gotta admit, it DOES look like him...

:news: Do you think Wayne will scoop Newt? Can he beat Mitt?

Rhonda: Since when are you on a first-name basis with these guys?

:news: Er...well...I had a dream they all lined up to be interviewed by me...does that count?

Rhonda: NO.

I hear Zoot's daughter changed rooms. Must've been trying to get away from that hideous pirate guy. Man, and growing up I thought pirates were cool...I went to every Gasparilla festival...

:news: What's Gasparilla?

A pirate festival in Tampa. It was in late January this year; they keep moving the date around. When I was a kid it was the first Monday in February and everyone had school off to attend. It was awesome. I still have some gold coins from back then.

Rhonda: Gold?

Not real gold. Still pretty cool though. Like an all-pirate Mardi Gras.

Rhonda: *checking calendar* February 21! Hey, we should have a Mardi Gras party! King cake! Beads! *turns to Newsie* You can be the throw.

:news: The what??

Rhonda: The throw. We'll pitch you off the float. *sighs* Eh, I remember going to Nawlins once... all those rats yelling "show us your cheese!" Ha ha...it was wonderful!

:news: Do we HAVE to expose our cheese? I'm not sure about any of this.
----------------------

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Feels great even after a short night's sleep.

:batty: And vhat has you in so good a mood?
Mmm, the haunter hitlist's now grown to 9&½, that's 950 listed, with still another 50 left to gather before truly sitting down and working with each one.
:batty: Oh, my!
Yep. Since it's at a zero-mark, I might turn my attention to posting another fanfic one-shot today for my Muppet Calendar series.
:batty: You finally chose a song for the band's duo?
Yep, hope it goes over well when written/posted. There are other ideas I have for fics that perhaps wouldn't be suited for readers here at MC, could probably post them if I had the true freedom to do so over at that other fanfic site... Just don't know how to upload stories there. And I'm kind of scared of what those who know me were to think if they should find and read whatever I were to end up posting. I mean, I can't help it if I'm a guy and if my mind most often strays to stuff like what Kris posted in her Christmas story.
:batty: Ve understand my fiend, just keep it under your hat so to spook, feed your dreams and let them roll on.
Thanks buddy.
:batty: Any time.

*Count coaxes Fatatita up off of today's mail as she's seated upon a few letters pushed through the mailslot.

LinkiePie<3

Reaction score
Watching House of Mouse:

Angie: *laughing at the T.V.*

Sal Minella: Ahahaha... Mickey's definitely gonna kick Peg-Leg Pete's butt. xD

Johnny Fiama: *sipping a martini* Uh, Sal? Why are ya' wastin' your time watchin' childrens' cartoons, when you're supposed ta be pressin' my tailored suit? Y'know Linda, an' I are goin' away ta Vegas this weekend. I'm gonna need it A.S.A.P. It's for my late-night Valentines show, y'know?

Sal Minella: But, I'm watchin' Mickey Mouse. D:

Johnny Fiama: No buts. I'm gonna have a smoke outside. Make sure my suit is pressed by the time I return. Capisce? :skeptical:

Sal Minella: Y-yes, Johnny. *sighs; pauses the video* :sigh:

newsmanfan

Reaction score
--------------------
Hey Johnny, I saw your commercial yesterday for your Pasta Playhouse. Looks yummy. Are you still operating that? At a loss?

Rhonda: *reading over shoulder* He can't help it if he's a guy? Sheesh. Proves it ain't just rats who spend time in the gutter...

Quiet, you. Or do I need to say something about that poster of the Beeb you have on your wall?

Rhonda: Ack! Uh...hah...LOTSA girls have cute guy posters. It's not a big deal. Even grownup girls.

Not waterproofed and pasted above the shower, they don't!

Rhonda: Uh...hey Goldie. Wanna go grab a coffee and you can tell me more about your idea for a docu-piece on the high cost of snorting fake Chinese roses?

:news: Uh...sure! I didn't realize you were actually interested!

Rhonda: I am let's say suddenly interested. C'mon.
---------------------

LinkiePie<3

Reaction score
Johnny Fiama: *double-take* 'Ey, Kris. Grazie. S'best Italian restaurant in Hensonville; fresh from ma's kitchen. Th' facility's still runnin', but business is goin' slow. *sigh* So, what's shakin'? :skeptical: