Hensonville City 2011

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
:smile:
Welcome to the new year/thread for Hensonville.

This time around, the location has expanded to include all of the town known as Hensonville, created and expanded through fanfics that have been posted on the forums. If you wish to explore our city or want to know where every shop and house has been newly located, I recommend browsing through the Hensonville Guide.

A. Admission.
If you desire to join the game, then you must first fill out the following application and send it to my email address through the forum's mailer.

Application Form:
1 First Name.
2 Muppet Central User Name.
3 Muppet Roommate(s).
4 Birthdays for everyone in your party, including yourself.
5 Valid working email address so we can contact you in the event of dormwide news.
Please wait until your applications have been resolved before posting in the thread itself. Each applicant shall be attended to individually. Posts made
by people not as yet approved to move in will be deleted without prejudice against that person.
Also, it would be a good idea to suggest an activity you'd like to host for the rest of the residents, as that would help generate further interactions between residents of HV. It can be something tied in to a particular holiday like "Easter Egg Hunt" or "Halloween Carnival", or some other happening like "Karaoke Sing-Along" or "Poolhouse Beach Bash".

B. Room & Board.
As you can see after visiting the Hensonville Guide, there's only one main townhouse at this time known as the Jim Townhouse which houses Rooms 1 to 12, I'm not sure if we'll add other townhouses—that'll get decided should sufficient approved applications for residency demand it.

C. Roommates.
Regarding Muppets one can choose to have as roommates at the dorms, keep in mind the following guidelines.
1 Characters from all Henson productions are available to be chosen as roommates with a few exceptions.
a. Human characters from the shows or movies, it'd be weird to find them being "manipulated" by other people.
b. Original Muppet characters are allowed, so long as you have at least one (1) actual Muppet character.
2 An applicant for residency can select up to a total of five (5) Muppet characters as roommates if they so desire. You don't have to have the full measure of five, I leave that to each individual applicant to decide.
3 If selecting more than one roommate, please try to choose those who go well together. If you take Little Jerry, then mayhaps it'd be a good idea to have the rest of the Monotones. If you select one member of a duo like Statler or Philo or Biff, then it'd make sense to take their accompanying partner as well.
4 The one overriding rule we have is that once a character has been selected by a resident, they cannot be chosen by anyone else. Please consult the Hensonville Roster.
If you're a dorms veteran and don't see your name there, you'd best send me your applications PDQ as any Muppet not on that list means they're up for roommate status. Additionally, I'm giving dorm veterans a week to do so. If I don't receive an application from you within that span, your roommates might go to the next person who first asks for them, so please bear that in mind.

D. Birthdays.
When asked for this information, you should consult Muppet Wiki's list of character birthdays first. If the character you've chosen as a roommate doesn't have a birthday listed there, you can use either of the following to create one for them:
1 the airdate of when the character was first seen onscreen, or
2 provide that particular character's Muppeteer's birthday.

E. Gameplay.
Please keep in mind the following general notices.
1 If you submit an application for residency and are accepted, we strongly stress you make an effort to participate therein, either in your own individual everyday routines with your roommates or interacting with others. You don't have to be plugged into the thread 24/7 every single day, nor have every other post be one of your own... This should come naturally, though noone can personally control nor force a resident's degree of participation. That's why I'm asking applicants to suggest activities they'd like to host, it helps generate furthered gameplay between everybody.
2 You can interact with other people's roommates, but please do not outright control them directly. The only time when this will be allowed is if either:
a. You are staging a Muppety musical number or play/movie with parts for everyone, or
b. You have been asked to temporarily look after another resident's roommates.
3 Please keep all character portrayals within character. No monster behavior unless your roommate is a monster, except during the Halloween celebration. No outré behavior unless your roommate is an outré musician type. No continued violent or rude potty humor, this is a family-oriented environment after all. Crazy humor is okay, just be careful not to let it go overboard to the point that it becomes prolonged abusiveness.

So I sincerely hope you enjoy yourselves and have fun. Any questions you may have should be sent to my PM box or online address if the first gets fully filled up.

Thanks and have a great day.

HV Management :batty:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello friends, the doors to Hensonville have reopened. Please check the roster which was updated today to see who's still residing with which Muppet roommates.
Thank you and have a good day.

Katzi428

Reaction score
going into the kitchen Hey Chef!What's cooking? (meaning what's new?)
Chef:Erm...nuthing yet.Whut do yu think yu all want fur dinner?I heve a stek in der refrigereter
(Oops...language barrier with the "What's cooking?" Nevertheless...)
Actually I was thinking since I won't be here for your birthday, we'll go to one of your favorite restaurants tonight.
Chef:Yu won't be here?Where yu gooing?
I'm going up noth for a few days for my niece's birthday. Remember,I told you?
Chef:Oh ja...yu did.I furgot. sigh. I'm getting old.
Baloney! You are not getting old! So you forgot that I'm going away. I forget things too! That doesn't mean that I'm getting old. Everyone forgets things,silly. So where do you want to go tonight?
Chef:Let me think okee?
OK.
Chef:Und Kethy?
Hmmm?
Chef plants a kiss on the top of my head Thenk yu fur nut thinking I'm getting old.
Well it's the truth!But you're welcome anyway.:wink:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Throws hands up. I've almost had it. *Grumble-grumble-grumble.

Trying to keep an even house... If the people here aren't happy, then I'm sorry but we're doing what we can to keep the thread enjoyable and fun for all those who decide to participate. And sometimes that means having to respectfully ask people to leave if they're making it not fun for the rest. If you have a complaint, PM or contact me with specific cited post examples and we'll do what's best possible...

But I rully feel that this is going downhill fast and the only solution is to just shut down and abandon the whole Hensonville idea. *Grabs towel and heads to take a warm shower to relieve some stress.
To quote mistress Rita: "I've got such a headache!"

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Watches coverage on how the brackets for the 2011 Muppet Madness tournament are being explained what with the selections and snubs and matches and all.

Woo, it's gonna be great this year!
*Sees the tag saying Vote for Roosevelt Franklin... He has a whole school named after him, what those old fools got? and another for Prairie announcing her efforts while the Swedish Chef stuffs a chickey in der baskey and holds up two fingers saying "Der two votes fer mi."

Katzi428

Reaction score
also watching The 2011 Muppet Madness Tournament Oh no...Prairie versus Chef?What am I gonna do?
suddely remembering the previous summer when we were going to go to the pool and Chef warned us that the last one there had to eat his meat loaf (which was totally disgusting and he knew we hated it.) Somehow I knew the same held true for this time Sorry Prairie...I love ya like a sister..but.casting a vote for Chef

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Scooter: Oh, no, they've got me up against Floyd - how can I compete?
Beige: Aw, relax, Scooter, all Floyd's got is hipness, and coolness, and he plays a mean bass. You, on the other hand, you've got...well...um...
Nora: (painting a 'Vote for Scooter' poster) Oh, Beige, you're not helping. We got any more tangerine orange paint?
Erin: (on phone) Here you go. (slides pot of paint over) All right, here's my bets. I'm picking Janice over Guy Smiley, and the two grumbling geezers over RF. I know Roosevelt is one cool cat, but I don't want Statler and Waldorf heckling me into the next decade.
Storyteller: Mmm, yes. I hear they've been digging out some real old put-downs for the Fraggle poetry festival. Jokes that are older than time...but not as old as those two. (throws head back and laughs)

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Beth: Ok guys, you know I love you both a ton so it's so hard to vote for your alter egos, but I'm going with Alistar Cookie, it's something I grew up with
Rowlf: No hard feelings at all, I like being Dr. Bob, but I agree Alistar Cookie is pretty classic.
Cookie: Me love Monsterpiece Theatre, it is classic
Beth: Ok good, glad that is settled.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Good to see the tournie's generating some needed excitement.

Now if I could decide whether to make the fish-horse thing a male or female monster.
*Still searching for what more I can add to my roster of haunts.

Lil0Vampy

Reaction score
Liza: Ooooh, Muppet Madness is gonna be good this year!

Gonzo: Yeah it is! Darth Nadir's so taking it! :big_grin:

Camilla: :rolleyes: Bya-bwauk...(Naturally...)