Hensonville City 2011

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
It's probably as much a surprise to him as it is to you. This time's exciting and a bit frazzling for Ru as the frog and pig are the ones most often out on the promo tours.
BTW: Was :hungry: able to cadje some of those pie recipes from his new buddy Emerll? :drool:

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
* a pair of furry hands comes up behind Beth *
Beth: What the?
A voice: Guess who?
Beth *turning around*: Rowlf! You're back! *hugs him*
Rowlf: Sure am! Been fun stuff promoting this movie, but man, it's exhausting
Beth: I'm so happy to see you. The SNL stuff was awesome!
Rowlf: It was fun, haven't stayed up that late in quite some time though!
Beth: I bet. I'm so excited to see the movie this week.
Rowlf: Me too, I mean sure I've seen it, but it'll be fun to see it with everyone who hasn't been able to yet.
Beth: Definitely. Well you must be tired after your travels. How about a nap and then we'll grab Red and Cookie and go have lunch?
Rowlf: Sounds fantastic.

Katzi428

Reaction score
It's probably as much a surprise to him as it is to you. This time's exciting and a bit frazzling for Ru as the frog and pig are the ones most often out on the promo tours.
BTW: Was :hungry: able to cadje some of those pie recipes from his new buddy Emerll? :drool:
Chef: Ooh..doon't yu werry! I got der yummer yummer pie recipes thet'll make your mouth water yubecha! Der pecan..der poomkin...der appul cromb...yu name it, I gut it!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
In :smile: voice: Oh good. We'll be looking forward to it.
*Zonks out on couch for a little catnap.

Katzi428

Reaction score
Robin :I have something from you from Mr. Rodriguez.handing me an envelope that's too big for a note
Hmmm....you're not in trouble,are you, young frog?
Robin:Nope.Frog Scout promise and right flipper up to Mr. Henson. doing Frog Scout honor with his left fingers and putting his right flipper up to :jim:
OK...patting his head I believe you. I go into my room and read the contents of the envelope.It's a Thanksgiving card with a letter from Mr. Rodriguez enclosed:
Dear Kathy:
I'm sending this note to you not as Robin's teacher,but as a friend. I had heard from Robin of your aunt passing away.I'm sorry I haven't gotten back to you sooner,but I've been ill & I just got back today. Please accept my heartfelt condolences.From what I hear she was a special woman as well as your godmother.I can empathize with you. My Tio Jorge was MY sobrino (Spanish for "godfather" ) as well as being my favorite uncle. When he died of a sudden heart attack last year ,I was in disbelief! He had taught me EVERYTHING! He even inspired me to be a teacher. I have his picture on my desk.If you ever need to talkI am here for you (although I'm sure your family -both immediate & in Hensonville- are a good support system.)
I had also wanted to ask you out to dinner one night. But thinking back, it would be a better idea that I wait until I don't have Robin as a student anymore. (I don't want him being teased in class. I know how kids can be.) So for now, we can be good friends.
Sincerely,
Hector Rodriguez
What a sweet man!:smile: And yes...he's right. He & I going out would be a problem since Robin's in his class. I put the note in my desk and the Thanksgiving card on the counter in the kitchen

MuppetsFan4Life

Reaction score
Me: I CAN'T WAIT! I CAN'T WAIT! I CAN'T WAIT!!! (bouncing on my bed while listening to "The Muppets" soundtrack)

Ojo: (giggles) Calm down, T! It's not midnight yet!

Tutter: She's so excited about the movie, huh?

Doc Hogg: She's been talking about it for weeks now!

Me: (starts dancing to Life's A Happy Song - Finale) [Trivia: I already learned the dance! XD ]

Ojo: Can someone control how much sugar she has from now until the movie?

Doc Hogg: Leave that to me!

Me: Aww! (pouts) I like sugar! IS IT MIDNIGHT YET?? IS IT? IS IT??

Ojo: Ed! Can you help us here??

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
You're on your own kids... I've still got to call my local cinema to find if they'll have midnight premiere or not. If not I'll just go to the first showing tomorrow. But I'd love to have a premiere outing with my friends.

Katzi428

Reaction score
Hmmm..guess I'm not the only one excited about seeing "The Muppets".
Chef: Doon't tell me YU'RE thinking uv gooing tu see a midnite screening uv der moovie to?
Chef..I love ya..but not THAT much! Tomorrow morning my mom and I are going to see the movie.
Chef: Oh! Whut time!
9: 45 my mom said. I'm pretty sure we'll be the only ones in the theater.
Chef: Hey!Det's an insoolt!
I'm sorry *laughing a bit* What I mean is that I live in a senior citizen community and the little grandkids probably don't get out for Thanksgiving break til Thanksgiving itself which is Thursday.
Chef *nodding* Ooh...now I undurstand. I teke bak whut I said aboot it being en insoolt.
Thanks buddy. So what do we have cooking here?
Chef: Der poomkin pie! Yu still makin der poomkin bred?
Shoot..I forgot about that.lightly slapping palm to forehead You think it's too late?
Chef: Nevur! But if yu doon't want tu, it's okee. Yu've hed a tuff munth.
Nah...I'll do it. I'll make two of them in Aunt Kathy's honor.starting to head out the door
Chef calling after me:Er... Martha Stoowed proons*?
coming back in But first I'll get dressed.I don't want to go to Hensonville Market in my pajamas ,robe and slippers.
Chef chuckling Didn't think so!

* My Aunt Kathy had funny nicknames for a lot of people. She refered to Martha Stewart as "Martha Stewed Prunes" And her nickame for me as a kid was Freedo.The Frito's company had a guy called the Frito Bandito around the 50s & 60s who liked to steal people's Frtos away from them. So even though I never stole stole Fritos from my aunt, she just changed the name Frito to Freedo .Look up Frito Bandito on You Tube if you want.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Beth: Oh decisions, decisions
Red: What's the problem?
Beth: To see the Muppets tonight at midnight or tomorrow night at a more reasonable time
Rowlf: You do have the day off tomorrow
Beth: Yeah but I didn't sleep good last night and the last thing I need is to get sick before Thanksgiving and my birthday
Cookie: Me thinks you should go tomorrow
Beth: I know, but part of me really wants to go tonight. No time for a nap today either. Sigh.
Rowlf: Whenever you decide is fine with us, right guys?
Red: Right!
Cookie: Right!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yep... He kind of became the spokescharacter for my faves, those corn curls. Not had them in ages as I've moved on to those big bags of pita chips.
Some spicy ones mom bought/sent today... And now I'll just do some counting to dull away the :grouch:-ness of darling li'l sis.
*Hums the tune of Painting The Roses Red until cueing up MCR, if I can get in that is.