HBO Max to debut Sesame Street Seasons 51-55 and stream episodes from 50-year library

Status
Not open for further replies.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
About the classic episodes being released, you have to realize this is exactly what they did back when Sesame Street first premiered on HBO in 2016. Those same episodes are still on there today, and they have not added any “new” classic episodes. I just want you to know that it is very possible that this will be just like that, and it will be the exact same group of episodes. I have to say that if that’s the case, I will be more upset than you’ve ever seen me before. The release said “much of Sesame Workshop’s library,” but I guess that’s no indication of exactly “how much.” And I’d like to ask you, when you first heard years ago that HBO would have classic episodes, exactly how many did you think they would have?
Seriously? HBO Max hasn't been activated yet and you're already fretting over how many classic episodes will be on there? Will it kill you to wait for awhile before acting out?

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Seriously? HBO Max hasn't been activated yet and you're already fretting over how many classic episodes will be on there? Will it kill you to wait for awhile before acting out?
You know for a show teaching people about manners and waiting, their fans didn’t take their message to heart.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Unfortunately, there are actually such things as public bath houses specifically for gay people, so maybe that's what they're interpreting?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I wonder about Do De Rubber Duck being pulled. It’s a fact that I don’t remember knowing about until this past year. In fact, it was last shown in season 38, the last to have pre-1990 segments, if it was pulled then then it’s an interesting coincidence. Or maybe they got the complaints and decided to stop showing it after they had actually stopped showing old Jim-era segments (and word got around to the writers).

But despite that, Sesame Workshop never pulled it’s official upload of the segment (and I think it actually is among the fairly small amount of classic clips still available at sesame street.org), and it was just recently included on the 50 Years and Counting DVD (I think it’s also shown up in some of Sesame Street’s recent online compilations, I want to say a clip was in that “50 years in 50 seconds” montage).

Though I also wonder if maybe they removed it some time in the past and then brought it back (maybe after the public became more accepting of that lifestyle, even though that’s not the segments intent). I remember really wanting to see that segment again in the late-1990s but not catching a broadcast, it’s been a while since I last checked “what links here” for the segment but I think it did air at some point in season 25 (and clips showed up in both anniversary specials), during season 30 I was able to watch the show on a more daily basis and I did watch every day, in part because I thought I’d eventually catch it if I watched every day (barely being aware at the time that segments might have been pulled for any reason, and not thinking that they might have so many segments that they couldn’t possibly air everything every season -especially not when the last 15 minutes were now dedicated to Elmo’s World). It would make sense if maybe they removed it from circulation then but changed their minds by season 34.

Status
Not open for further replies.