HBO Max to debut Sesame Street Seasons 51-55 and stream episodes from 50-year library

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Is there a link to where WGBH has all of the episodes that they have?

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
You have to set up an appointment to watch the episodes.

But from the last of what I heard, season 27 was the last season loaded up.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
You have to set up an appointment to watch the episodes.

But from the last of what I heard, season 27 was the last season loaded up.
Thank you. So maybe once you set up an appointment, then they'll tell you what episodes they have.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I would just call them ahead of time asking how many seasons they currently have loaded up if there’s a particular episode from a particular season you want to watch.

ssetta

Reaction score
Per their press release: "A broad collection of Sesame Street episodes selected from the past 50 years – many available to the public on-demand for the first time ever."

Take a chill pill, bro.
I guess maybe I just don’t know what the word “broad” means.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
The issue is you’re letting a small problem become a big one because something isn’t going your way.

The thing to keep in mind is Sesame Street isn’t exactly a show that’s easy to release publicly/commercially without putting in edits. We have skits/episodes that were removed from negative response, song covers that are a major pain to license, guest stars that require estate negotiations, etc. When a skit is removed from a commercial release, there’s always a reason behind it.

Unless you have plans to move out of Massachusetts soon, you have no reason to complain. Pick up the phone, call WGBH, set up an appointment to see an episode you want, BOOM! Problem solved.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
The issue is you’re letting a small problem become a big one because something isn’t going your way.

The thing to keep in mind is Sesame Street isn’t exactly a show that’s easy to release publicly/commercially without putting in edits. We have skits/episodes that were removed from negative response, song covers that are a major pain to license, guest stars that require estate negotiations, etc. When a skit is removed from a commercial release, there’s always a reason behind it.

Unless you have plans to move out of Massachusetts soon, you have no reason to complain. Pick up the phone, call WGBH, set up an appointment to see an episode you want, BOOM! Problem solved.
I heard a quote from Christopher Cerf that Sesame Workshop pulled Do De Rubber Duck from episodes because, some focus groups interpret as a gay thing. I am not joking.

Status
Not open for further replies.