HBO Max to debut Sesame Street Seasons 51-55 and stream episodes from 50-year library

Status
Not open for further replies.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I dunno, I actually find it hilarious . . . it's amazing how well the mouth movements actually sync-up almost perfectly to the lyrics.

ssetta

Reaction score
I just have to say I have been thinking a LOT about which/how many classic episodes will be on there. As I've said before, I really do hope it's a good amount of the classic episodes, even if not every single one. I know that some episodes have been "lost" so it may be difficult to include those. But I've also been thinking about what would likely be released and what probably wouldn't be. Somehow I would be surprised if they released anything with Elmo's old voice before Kevin Clash took over, as it would probably confuse kids. And I'm sure episode #847 probably won't be released.

I've also been thinking about how, and if, the episodes will be altered in some way. Unfortunately, I think they probably will be. How exactly do you feel about HBO attaching credits to originally non-Friday shows? I have to say I like it and I don't like it at the same time. It was good to see the Season 13 credit crawl, because we had never seen it before, but at the same time, I don't particularly like old SS episodes that have been tampered with. I think it's best to keep everything as original as possible, like they did when they released those classic episodes on iTunes years ago. I also hope they don't have that gosh-darned "Sesame Street Classics" logo in the corner. Can you understand why HBO felt the need to do that?

Anyway, almost every time classic episodes have been released, they've always had certain segments cut, or replaced. And it would probably be difficult to do that for like 1,000+ episodes, assuming they have that many on there. And there's subtitles, etc. So what do you think they'll end up doing?

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
I also hope they don't have that gosh-darned "Sesame Street Classics" logo in the corner. Can you understand why HBO felt the need to do that?
How's that any different from the Noggin logo...or the Sprout logo...or the SS.org logo...or any PBS logo...or any TV station logo, period?

So what do you think they'll end up doing?
You'll just have to be patient and wait until HBO Max is launched to find out...

ssetta

Reaction score
Plus don’t except it to be over hundreds of episodes, there’s other shows on the service.
But all the articles I’ve seen said something along the lines of “much of the show’s library” or “a broad selection of episodes.” I think one article even implied that it would be all the episodes, though that’s not likely as I stated earlier. And if you think about it, right now, HBO has a total of 294 episodes of SS on their service. They have every episode from season 41 on up, plus 24 episodes they call “classics” mostly from the 90s and even the 2000s. I really hope they at least expand that library, which one article said they will. But I just feel like if it’s less than 1,000 episodes, that’s not exactly “much of the show’s library.”

Oscarfan

Reaction score
plus 24 episodes they call “classics” mostly from the 90s and even the 2000s.
Are you telling me something from the 1990s, which is over 20 years ago, can't be called classic, when y'all were calling episodes from the 1980s classic in the mid-00s, which would've been less than 20 years from then?

Status
Not open for further replies.