Fraggle Rock film in development

BooberFraggless

Reaction score
Yeah, Joey Mazzarino could do the voice for Gunge, it'd be really cool to see them on this movie.

spcglider

Reaction score
No surprise

I haven't read anything about the proposed film, but I'll post what I think it'll end up being and y'all can check me to see if I get it.

Movie plot:

Gobo stops receiving postcards from his uncle Traveling Matt. He gets worried and mounts an expedition to Outer Space to find him.

Not only do the Fraggle 5 go, but so does Cotterpin Doozer and Junior Gorg (though perhaps not as part of the rescue team). They all eventually meet up in Outer Space and help each other get the job done.

Hilarity ensues as Fraggles, Doozer and Gorg interact with a panoply of cameo guests and the silliness of Outer Space.

It only makes sense. They wouldn't be interested in reconstructing the entirety of the Fraggle Rock puppet sets, so they'll film the majority of the film in "the Real World" to keep production costs low and allow them to go to all sorts of places around the country... it worked well in The Muppet Movie, why not with Fraggles? Writing an adventure that takes place in the Fraggle world would require too much intense studio work. not to mentin they'd have to figure out an even more contrived way to get a guest star down in to Fraggle Rock.

At least that's how I'd write it. Lots of cameos allow you to bring star power to the movie without having to get a star to commit more than one or two days to the shoot. Shooting in the real world cuts your production design costs way down.

-G

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
All bets are now off, upon hearing about Jerry Juhl's passing. I feel so depressed; I had such high hopes for this project, and now I feel a corporate cash cow coming on. Its enough to consume a man.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
spcglider said:
They wouldn't be interested in reconstructing the entirety of the Fraggle Rock puppet sets, so they'll film the majority of the film in "the Real World"
Unless (and let's cross fingers and toes here) they were going to make a new series in the Rock...then, it'd be worth it.

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Kimp the Shrimp said:
Life Will Go On Brother
Sure, life goes on. But it'll never be as good, and unlike the majority, I am unwilling to settle for reconstructed knock-offs. The queen of hearts has white roses; a coat of red paint doesn't change that.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
How do you know it's not from a script Jerry Juhl already had his hands on, or even wrote completely?

This is falling under the whole 'cart-before-the-horse' thing. Give it some time and I betcha we will be pleased! JHC is needing this film to be a hit, so I don't think they're going to give us any ol' rubbish.

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
BEAR said:
I think he would. He was pretty well known for that role and I think he enjoyed doing it at the time. From what I have read he was a very nice man and a good friend of the Henson Company.
What have you read? I can never find anything on Gerry Parkes.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

unclematt

Reaction score
Cantus, I have a question for you. Do you want to see the Muppets be successful in the future? If your answer is yes then you must give them a chance to successful. I am not trying to pick on you as we have had our disagreements in the past, but to all of the ney sayers out there, please give the Muppets a chance to be the Muppets that we remember. I am a devout cubs fan and have learned that you can never give up. I feel the same way about the Muppets.

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
We may be without Jerry Juhl, but isn't there still Jocelyn Stevenson and Susan Juhl and the other main hub of FR writers? Most of the FR writers are still living, with the exceptions of Jerry Juhl and Carol Bolt (Episode 15 "I Don't Care"). Suppose Jocelyn wrote the screenplay? I think we could all be satisfied with that. It's true, by nearly all accounts Jerry Juhl was the best of the FR writers, but that doesn't mean that nobody else can take up the mantle.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole