Fraggle Rock film in development

Beauregard

Reaction score
I think Dog Piles should stay in their own thread, firmly shut behind sound proof doors...don't you? Maybe in the thread next to Winne Their Pooh.

unclematt

Reaction score
Frogster said:
You know what's really weird about this? I JUST got done watching "Honk Of Honks" and "Change Of Address." I don't know why, I just felt like watching them. Then, as soon as the ending gets over with, I hopped over here to see what's new, and of all things, this shows up. I can't tell you how excited I am for this, and I hope the original five are in this, as well, and that they don't mess this up like other projects.
When you say projects they have messed up are you referring to MFS and KSY or do you feel there have bben other mistakes made along the way?

Drtooth

Reaction score
I wonder how Jerry Juhl's passing would affect this project. Hopefully not by much, though the writing wouldn't be the same.

BEAR

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
I wonder how Jerry Juhl's passing would affect this project. Hopefully not by much, though the writing wouldn't be the same.
Though it wouldn't have the exact same feel as it would if Jerry Juhl was still here, there are still other wonderful collaborators from the original Fraggle writing team that will ensure the same spirit it was meant to have. They will keep in mind what Jerry (as well as Jim Henson) would have done. I don't think we have anything to worry about. As far as I'm concerned, this is still his film too. :excited:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I'm hoping that IF Jerry Juhl was even involved that there are some works of his left behind. Then again, who's to say that a FR Movie Script written by him wasn't created way back when the series ended? We don't know what there is on record or on file, and the very movie they shoot might end up having been from a script he penned! Time will tell, but if nothing else they have the whole series to look back to and write a new story from. By that, he is still involved.

Fraggleforever

Reaction score
I was really surprised about the news. A Fraggle Rock movie? Was I dreaming? No, I wasn't! But a thought quickly ran through my mind. Will this movie be 20 years too late? I mean, movie audiences have different expectations for movies than they did 20 years ago. Even kids do. But when this baby hits, get ready to sing "Dance your cares away, worries for another day, let the music play, down at Fraggle Rock!" Another note, I really hope that Jerry Nelson will perform Gobo. I have no doubt that he will.

BEAR

Reaction score
I am sure they will have no big problem bringing back all the still living performers from the original show. The only recasting I guess would be Jim Henson and Richard Hunt characters. Since their characters were fairly secondary they probably won't even appear in the film all that much anyway. Junior Gorg might be the exception, but I think David Rudman would be perfect to take it on. He could perform the little guy that hangs out with Trash Heap too. Phil and Gunge kind of remind me of when Rudman and Joey Mazzarino played Davey and Joey Monkey on Sesame Street. Both characters sound a lot like Rudman's Sesame characters. Plus, since they are smaller parts, it wouldn't take away too much from his Sesame Street responsibilities.

alexgeyerx

Reaction score
Fraggels!!!

This is a brilliant idea as long as they dont screw it up. I would like to see alot of Boober! And an apperence by the fun loveing Sidebottom! I think Doc and Sprockette shuld'nt be in the film they cant replace Doc.... But I do think the gorgs and trasheap shuld be in it. I think the trash heap shuld be the one to send them off that wouls be kool... but I would like to see more fraggles the the Fraggle Five altho i love them dearly lol...
So Jim Henson productions.... DONT MESS THIS UP OR YOUR GUNNA HAVE ALOT OF ANGRY FRAGGLE FANS ON YOU HANDS!! lol:stick_out_tongue:

:smirk: :excited:
fraggles.... MUAHAHHAHAHA