Fan-Fic: We Know That It's Probably Magic

Beauregard

Reaction score
*eyebrow raise*

Wow...that's...wow...the Muppet's vs Death...definatly a brand new fronteir.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I am sooooooooo incredibly sorry...

I know Beau partially posted this in Mop Fam, but I'll do it here to...

Ok, well, my mother:smile:mad:smile: thinks i've been spending to much time on the internet. (Ok, so maybe she's right, you wanna fight about it?) So, she has restricted my internet access on my computer. So much, that I can only use MSN Messenger. So, right now I'm on her computer and she's not here. So, as you could've probably geussed, my fan-fic will suffer for this. If I do get a chance to get on for a while I'll try to have the chapter written so I can just post it. But that would be a miracle.:cry:

So, right now I'm really mad, and sad, and totally annoyed. I don't know how long I'll be gone. Thank you all for reading. Hope to be back soon.

Ryan
theprawncracker

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
<<<<<<<hugs>>>>>>> Aw prawncracker, that really stinks! My parents have been threatening to do something similar, too, so I've gotta tread carefully... it's not a permanent thing, is it? I mean, at some point, you'll get normal internet access on your computer again? Right?

theprawncracker

Reaction score
No, it's not a permanent thing. And yes I'll be back. Oh, I'll be back, MWoO ha ha ha!!!:big_grin:

Thanks for caring Lisa. I miss you guys.<<<<<HUGS>>>>>

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
We miss you too! ...or at least I miss you, I really shouldn't speak for others. But I have reason to believe that they miss you too!

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Hey, I'm back! And that means...

Chapter 8: Till Death Do Us Part

Fozzie lay in his bed. He turned on his feather pillow. His bright red alarm clock changed from 2:48 to 2:49. He lay there silently.

Next door, Sweetums snored loudly. The sound almost soothed Fozzie's ears.

You might geuss that he was nervous about the show for Kermit. Well, that was partially true. He was nervous, but not about his act. He was nervous about doing a show without Kermit.

Sure, they'd done a show when Kermit was visiting the swamp, or even when they were on the run from Lloyd Galt. But, they always had reassuring phone calls or letters from Kermit, and they knew he'd be back. But this time...

Fozzie turned over again. This time Kermit was not coming back.

Fozzie's mind drifted. It went to the El Sleezo Cafe. So many years ago...

Uncle Deadly read over a stack of papers on Kermit's old desk. He smiled and sat it down. "Frightening," he whispered to himself. "These Muppets are so foolish, yet, their tributes rival Shakespere's work."

"You would know wouldn't you?" Kermit phased through the floor behind the phantom.

"Indeed." Uncle Deadly said without looking at Kermit. "I did do a fabulous Hamlet in my day. And, I have met Shakespere's ghost. Very nice fellow actually."

The two of them stood silently for a moment. "Uncle Deadly?" Kermit asked.

"Yes Frog?"

"Why can you have contact with the living?" Kermit asked.

Uncle Deadly turned to face him. "It's quite simple actually. Because of my connection with Death, I have certain...perks, if you will. Thus, I am allowed to have contact with the living."

Kermit nodded. More silence. "What about dreams?" Kermit asked.

"What?"

"What about dreams? I can't have contact with them when they're awake, but what about when they're asleep?"

Uncle Deadly stared at him for a moment. "You really do think outside the box don't you Frog?" Kermit smiled. "I suppose, that if you are able to escape to their dreams, you would not technaccaly be breaking any rules." Uncle Deadly patted him on the back. "But, do remember you are not allowed to leave this theater. They must be asleep here."

"Oh I know." Kermit assured him. "I anticipated that."

Kermit phased back through the floor. Uncle Deadly shook his head and sighed. "Death." He lifted his hand in a Shakesperian angle. "Thow hath changed this frog."

Gonzo and Floyd sat on the couch at the Muppet boarding house.

"Man, I can't believe we're doin' an act together!" Floyd said.

"I know isn't it great!" Gonzo asked. "You do know how to eat pudding through your ears right?"

Floyd shook his head. "Man, I miss Kermit." He sighed.

Red Fraggle poked her head up behind the couch. So she wasn't the only one who missed Kermit. She wanted to sing. So, she did what she does best.

"Remember when,
Now and then,
Everything went wrong?" She sang.

Gonzo and Floyd saw her.

"And then our friends would sing,
The Friendship Song." She continued.

"Remember Red?" Gonzo asked her.
"You and I,
We'd nearly cry,
To know their love was strong,
And by and by,
We'd start to sing along."

Floyd joined in. "We sang,
Try a little longer
For your friends."

"Try a little stronger
For your friends." They harmonized.

"You work all night.
You work all day.
You still can't keep,
Those worry blues away." Red sang. She moved in between them on the couch.

"Try a little longer
For your friends.
Try a little stronger
For your friends." They sang together.

"Life goes up," Gonzo sang.
"Life goes down.
There's just one way,
To keep it goin' round."

"Try a little longer
For your friends.
Try a little stronger
For your friends." They all sang twice.

Floyd looked at them. "Remember when,
Now and then,
Everything went wrong?"

"And then our friends would sing,
The Friendship Song." Gonzo sang.

Red hugged them. "We do, we have to try longer, and stronger for Kermit." She said.

Gonzo nodded. "That's right. We have to stick together. As a family."

Red walked away. Floyd looked at Gonzo. Gonzo smiled. "Alright, let's practice..." Floyd sighed.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Yea for my favorite Fraggle!!!! I can't tell you how excited I was to see Red in this chapter. And I loved the Friendship Song, nice touch!!!!

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
alright prawn I don't have time to comment in full but it's a wonderful chapter I love every inch of it and I have to say THANK YOU A THOUSAND TIMES for this paragraph:
theprawncracker said:
Sure, they'd done a show when Kermit was visiting the swamp, or even when they were on the run from Lloyd Galt. But, they always had reassuring phone calls or letters from Kermit, and they knew he'd be back. But this time...
I'll try to give a detailed review like you deserve at some point but no promises. Love every inch of it!!!!!!!

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Chapter 9: Family Ties

Beauregard pat stood backstage hanging posters. "9,998;" he counted. "9,999; 10,000!" He wiped his forehead. "Phew. Finnaly, 10,000 posts."

"Those are posters dear." Miss Piggy told him as she walked by.

"Ri-ght." Beau said. He went back to work.

"Yo, Piggy! We all set for the show tomorrow night?" Clifford asked the pig.

"Mm hmm." She nodded as she acsended the stairs to her dressing room. "We'll do one last check before everyone goes home tonight. Oh, and could vous do moi a favor dear? Could you round up all the others for moi? Thank vous!" She walked into her dressing room.

"Sure no prob pig." Clifford walked onto the stage. "Hey ya'll get everybody into the seats!" He called.

Miss Piggy combed her long blonde hair. She always wanted to look her best. Even if it was in front of a bunch of weirdos. She put her brush back on her vanity and began to leave. Something moved. She turned quickly. She saw a note on her vanity. She picked it up. Her hands trembled. "Oh my..." her voice shook. She ran out to the stage.

"Everyone! Everyone!" She yelled. They were all silent imediatley. Miss Piggy was shocked. "Wow, that was easy." She straightened herself up. "Anyway, I found this note on my vanity! It was from..." She stopped. The note started whispering to her.

"No Piggy." It whispered. "They can't know."

"What did de note say porkchop?" Pepe asked.

"Um...Nothing, I just wanted to tell you it was moi's grocery list. And um...not to worry, because I will be getting more milk." She nodded.

The Muppets stared at her. "Oh no need for that dear." Gladys the Cow told her. "I've got a whole bucket right here."

"What a weirdo." Gonzo whispered to Telly.

"You should talk!" Telly told him.

"Thanks!"

"Well, now that you're out here Piggy," Scooter said. "Let's make sure everything's ready for the show tomorrow. Rowlf?"

"Ready." Rowlf held up a clipboard.

"Set?" Scooter asked.

"Go." Rowlf laughed. "Just kiddin'. Yeah, the set's ready."

"Ok, how about the instruments?" Scooter asked.

Nigel did a quick overview of the band pit. "Ready."

Miss Piggy read the note once more. It had changed.

Dear Piggy,

Meet me here tonight after the others have left. We need to talk.

Love,
Kermit the Frog

P.S. Don't tell anyone else about this. It has to be our secret.

She folded the paper and put it in her pocket.

"Lights?" Scooter asked.

"Did somebody say lights?!?" Crazy Harry snickered. He shone the spotlight right in Scooter's face.

"Yes, thank you Harry!" Scooter yelled. Crazy Harry moved the light away from Scooter's face. "Slide show?" Scooter asked.

"Right here Mr. Scooter sir!" Bunsen wheeled in an overly large projector.

"Mee mee!" Beaker meeped acceptingly.

"Exactly Beaker!" Bunsen fiddled with the machine. "Now, would we all like to see how this works?" Bunsen asked.

The Muppets all nodded nervously. "Splendid! Now, I'll need a volunteer."

"Oh! Oh! Oh!" Ernie stood up and raised his hand. "Right here doc!"

"Wonderful Mr. Ernie!" Bunsen said.

"Oh, I was volunteering Bert."

"You were what?!?" Bert asked.

"Go on Bert ol' buddy, ol' pal." Ernie pushed ber onto the stage.

"Fine." Bert walked onstage. "So what do I do?" Bert sighed.

"I'm glad you asked. Now, you simply sit in this chair here." Bunsen said. "And put this on your head." Bunsen handed Bert a metal headband with cords sticking out of it, hooked to the machine. Bert put it on.

"Now you're sure this is sa..." Bunsen flipped a switch on the machine. It buzzed and whirred. The projector clicked on and shone on the stage curtains.

Miss Piggy watched as her frog was projected on the curtains. He was at Sesame Street.