Fan-Fic: We Know That It's Probably Magic

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Fragglemuppet said:
That was beautiful, and I must ask, is there any significance to a blue handkerchief?
THANK YOU!!!

I was wondering if anyone would catch that. It's a reference to the handkerchief she had in MTM during "Saying Goodbye."

Beauregard

Reaction score
Kermit you MEANY!!!

Man tht was emotional!!!

Oh, and the hankie, yup, that's featured in almost every Muppet Fan-fic...ever...

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Chapter 6: Never More

Kermit had an extra spring in his step. Piggy missed him. And she still loved him. He stepped silently along the rafters. Uncle Deadly should still be asleep.

He was wrong. Uncle Deadly flung at him from another rafter. He grasped the frog by the neck and put muffled his hand over his mouth. He jumped along the rafters. Stopping at the stairs leading to the roof. He carried Kermit up there and threw him against the edge.

"What were you thinking Frog?!?" The phantom yelled. "Do you know how many rules you have violated?!?"

Kermit sat watching the phantom. He snarled at the frog. "I...I'm sorry...I...I didnt' know..."

"You didn't know?!? Don't feed me that! I explained the rules to you the day that you came crawling to me! You're on thin ice frog! Never do anything like that again! Never! Understand?" Uncle Deadly asked.

Kermit's mouth was held open. He nodded slowly.

"Good." He said quickly. He pulled his cape around his face and returned down the stairs.

If Kermit's heart could beat, it would be beating faster than Animal on caffine.

Sam Eagle observed the script. He flipped through the pages once more. Then removed his spectacles and handed it to Piggy.

Scooter, Clifford, and Rowlf stood behind her at what was once Kermit's desk.

The rest of the Muppets, Fraggles, Birds, Monsters, and whatevers stood upstairs behind them. Everyone stared at Sam.

"Well Sam?" Scooter asked. "Is it good? Can we do the show?"

Sam Eagle stood straight up. "I must say, that I have never seen such a wonderful tribute to an American hero such as Kermit the Frog!" Sam said.

Everyone cheered. "Thank vous Sammie!" Piggy said hugging Sam.

Sam looked from side to side. "Um...you are welcome Miss Piggy." Sam said. "Now, if you'd be so kind."

"Oh yes sorry dear." Miss Piggy smiled. "So, everybody, don't vous think we better start rehearsing?"

Everyone nodded and made their way out onto the stage. Everyone but Beauregard. He stayed behind. "Um, Miss Piggy. Can I talk to you?" He asked.

She turned around. "Of course dear. What can moi help vous with?"

Beauregard stared at her. "You're not ok are you?" He asked.

Miss Piggy was taken aback. "What?"

"You're not ok. You're not the same. What happened?"

Miss Piggy didn't know what to say. Would Beau believe her? Would he honestly believe that Kermit was in her dressing room last night singing with her? "You wouldn't understand."

Beau nodded. "Everyone says that to me I geuss they're right though." He started to walk away.

"Wait." She stopped him. "I'll tell you."

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
theprawncracker said:
If Kermit's heart could beat, it would be beating faster than Animal on caffine.
I can't figure out if I'm petrified or laughing hysterically.

What a twisting chapter! Ooh! Kermit broke the rules for Piggy. It's kinda sweet, but y'know, the rules are there for a reason... and if she's talking... ooh, this could get nasty... TELL ME MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
I finally got to read all three chapters that I've missed while my computer was being bad and I love them! The highlights:

Love Led Us Here
What's the Name of That Song
All of the Muppets working together on the tribute
Gobo and Fozzie singing together
"I can't believe a hotel won't let a 6 foot yellow bird stay there"

And SO MUCH MORE!!!! This is a great story and I'm finally beginning to understand it more and more with each chapter. Way to go, it's awesome.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Chapter 7: Janitorial Consolidation

Miss Piggy took Beauregard up to her dressing room and shut the door. He sat on the bright pink couch. "What happened Miss Piggy?" He asked.

She paced the room back and forth. She sighed. "Well, last night, after you all had gone home, I stayed here working on the show for Kermie. And then, I heard something. Something strange."

Beauregard stared. "Are you talking Gonzo strange, or what?"

"No, yes, oh I don't know!" She said. "I heard Kermie's voice! He sang to me! He sang 'Love Led Us Here,' to me! And I sang with him!"

The janitor tilted his head to the side. "Really?"

Miss Piggy nodded.

Beauregard scratched his head. "Hmm." He thought. "Did you see him?"

"Yes, in my mirror, but when I turned around, he was gone!"

"Gone? Just like that?"

"Yeah, just like that. Then he sang to me!" She sat at her vanity. "And he left this!" He held out the blue handkerchief.

He held it in his hand. "But didn't you...?"

Miss Piggy nodded. Her mind went back to that day in the swamp.

The casket was being lowered into the ground. Fozzie blew his nose in his black necktie. Beaker patted Bunsen's shoulder. Clifford let Skeeter cry onto his shoulder.

Miss Piggy had no shoulder to cry on. She stood at the front of the hole and sobbed. Her black dress blowing in the wind.

The preacher said a final word about Kermit, and Sweetums began shoveling dirt onto the casket.

Miss Piggy kissed the blue handkerchief, and let it fall into the hole. "Rest in peace my love."

Kermit's body lay there under the dirt. Kermit's ghost emerged from the casket. It grassped the handkerchief. He cradelled it gently.

He flew out of the swamp, away from the crickets, the frogs, and the alligators. He flew into the city, back to the Muppet Theater. He had a meeting with a monster.

He phased through the front doors. He saw the blue dragon-like figure of Uncle Deadly conversing with a tall skinny creature covered in a black cloak. They turned around and saw the ghost. Uncle Deadly approached him.

"Welcome back Frog." He motioned for Kermit to come to the cloaked figure. As he approached, Kermit felt the temperature of the air around him drop severerly.

The cloaked figure turned to the frog. His face completely covered by the cloak's hood. "Evening." A shrill voice said.

Kermit nodded.

"So, you understand the procedures Deadly?" The figure asked.

"Yes sir." Uncle Deadly bowed.

The figure turned around. He held his arms up in the air. Kermit heard him muttering something. The figure was engulfed in black flame. Kermit stepped back. The flames cleared, and the figure was gone.

"We have alot to talk about frog. Shall I begin?" The phantom asked.

"Who was that?"

"My boss. Death." Uncle Deadly hissed. "Devourer of souls, destroyer of dreams. A rather chipper fellow once you get to know him."

"I'm sure." Kermit said.

"Anyway, back to buissness." Uncle Deadly told him. "If, you are to stay in the realm of the living, you must follow very specific guidlines. Very specific." He reitirated. "First, no contact with other living creatures. Second!" Uncle Deadly snapped before Kermit could argue. "Never, never! Are you allowed to leave this theater! And third, never eat lasagna on the third Wednesday in March! Got it?!?"

"But what does that have to do..."

"GOT IT?!?" The spector screamed.

Kermit nodded vigurously.

"Good. Although, you must understand. That one flaw, will send you away. Forever." He stood up. "Now, let me show you to your new home, in the rafters."

Kermit sat on the roof. That memory rattled through his brain. Kermit had messed up.

But, Uncle Deadly never said anything about sending him away. So maybe, the phantom still cared for Kermit.

The door opened. Uncle Deadly emerged in the fasion he always did. "Frog," he said. "You're staying. I've decided not to contact Death. He's to busy to deal with the likes of us."

Kermit smiled. He did still care.

"But," Uncle Deadly said. "One more slip-up, one more, and you are gone."

Kermit nodded.

"Excellent." Uncle Deadly said. "Now, the night is still young. Care for some tea?" He made a cup of tea appear in his hand and handed it to Kermit. "It's green tea, I thought you might enjoy it a tad bit more."

"Thank you." Kermit sipped his tea. The warm liquid went smooth on his cold lips. They sat on the roof, drinking their tea, until early morning.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
theprawncracker said:
Beauregard stared. "Are you talking Gonzo strange, or what?"
That's just beautiful. Or is it Beau-tiful? Hm... well, it's... oh, nevermind. I love it!

the same guy I just quoted two seconds ago! Sheesh... said:
"First, no contact with other living creatures. Second!" Uncle Deadly snapped before Kermit could argue. "Never, never! Are you allowed to leave this theater! And third, never eat lasagna on the third Wednesday in March! Got it?!?"
No contact with other living creatures- ...ever? At all? ...Then why does Uncle Deadly talk to them? Not allowed to leave the theater- That, I can understand. Seems to be THE standard law of ghosts/phantoms/spirits. Never eat lasagna on the third Wednesday in March- <blink> <laughs> Pardon?

what said:
The door opened. Uncle Deadly emerged in the fasion he always did. "Frog," he said. "You're staying. I've decided not to contact Death. He's to busy to deal with the likes of us."

Kermit smiled. He did still care.
Of course he still cares. He's family, isn't he? Haven't we established that? Some... some other time? :wink:

seriously said:
"But," Uncle Deadly said. "One more slip-up, one more, and you are gone."

Kermit nodded.
Prawncracker, why do I have a bad feeling about that?

seriously said:
"Excellent." Uncle Deadly said. "Now, the night is still young. Care for some tea?" He made a cup of tea appear in his hand and handed it to Kermit. "It's green tea, I thought you might enjoy it a tad bit more."
Oh yeah, he still cares. That's so awesome, too, it makes me just griiiiiiiiin!

And then I realize, I WANT MORE! So I type this all up and end by saying, PLEASE POST MORE STORY!!!!!!!!!

...and then I realize I should post some of mine, too, so I run off to go write another chapter. But first I continue to beg you for MORE STORY!!!!!!!

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Never eat lasanga on the third Wednesday in March! I was laughing for like five minutes when I read this line. And I feel so sad for Miss Piggy. This is a great story, keep it coming Ryan!

RedDragon

Reaction score
lasanga, eh? Well great chapter. FORESHADOWING!!! WOOOO!!! BE AFRAID VERY AFRAID!!! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!! AHHHHHHH!!!!!