Elmo and Cookie Monster

datman24

Reaction score
That sounds completely biased and unfair to David Rudman who is phenomenal with Cookie Monster.
I'm not at all being biased and unfair to him. I admire how well he is able to breathe life into Cookie Monster, and not sound like a poor imitation of his predecessor. I just don't think he is as funny. The same could be said for all of Frank Oz's characters.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I'm not at all being biased and unfair to him. I admire how well he is able to breathe life into Cookie Monster, and not sound like a poor imitation of his predecessor. I just don't think he is as funny. The same could be said for all of Frank Oz's characters.
David Rudman is funny, it just depends on who he gets to interact with. Like the Cookie World episode or his appearance on the Daily show.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I've mentioned this before in another thread, but I find that while Frank's Cookie Monster possessed a distinctly "ageless" personality, David Rudman's Cookie definitely possesses more of a childlike personality that makes you believe he's something of a pre-schooler himself . . . I can't really see Frank's Cookie in a segment like Smart Cookies.

mbmfrog

Reaction score
I enjoy the unique pairing of Cookie Monster and Elmo as it feels like a way to bring generations of fans together in a sense.

BEAR 2

Reaction score
I've mentioned this before in another thread, but I find that while Frank's Cookie Monster possessed a distinctly "ageless" personality, David Rudman's Cookie definitely possesses more of a childlike personality that makes you believe he's something of a pre-schooler himself . . . I can't really see Frank's Cookie in a segment like Smart Cookies.
I can understand what you mean. A lot of it also can have to do with the way the show’s style has changed in recent years. Bert’s character has changed somewhat too. He seems more kid like that he used to, as well. He’s still Bert, but his energy is a little different. Not bad, just how it is. Look at the first couple seasons and look at now. Wow, what a contrast. On that note, I feel Big Bird is a little the opposite. Vogel’s Bird seems a little more mature than Carroll’s but he is also now one of the older kids among characters like Elmo and Abby who are 3. So it makes sense. In any case, I think the new performers have been brilliant. I think Rudman’s Cookie is hilarious.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
The only performer I had some problems when they were on the show was Billy Barkhurst. He’s a fine puppeteer, but he wasn’t exactly the right choice for Ernie.

BEAR 2

Reaction score
The only performer I had some problems when they were on the show was Billy Barkhurst. He’s a fine puppeteer, but he wasn’t exactly the right choice for Ernie.
I know how you mean. Well, now we have Peter Linz and I think he’s great!

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I know how you mean. Well, now we have Peter Linz and I think he’s great!
I love Peter Linz’s Ernie, he seem to get the role down right away plus he has a really good friendship with Eric Jacobson, so that helped.

datman24

Reaction score
I enjoy the unique pairing of Cookie Monster and Elmo as it feels like a way to bring generations of fans together in a sense.
I appreciate that Cookie's gotten a lot more screen time in the past decade, but I feel that they place him alongside Elmo so much because they're both the show's most popular characters. The problem is, their personalities are so different from each other, that they do not really work well as a pair. The reason it worked so well in that scene in Elmo Saves Christmas is due in part because of how Frank Oz performed him and how Elmo reacted to his desperate need for cookies. David Rudman is a fine performer as Cookie Monster, but Rudman's Cookie Monster is a stark contrast with how Oz performed him, at the least the way I see it.

mbmfrog

Reaction score
I love Peter Linz’s Ernie, he seem to get the role down right away plus he has a really good friendship with Eric Jacobson, so that helped.
Almost similar to Jim and Frank and their way of doing Ernie and Bert respectively.