Elmo and Cookie Monster

minor muppetz

Reaction score
In the last decade, many fans have said that Elmo and Cookie Monster are the most popular Sesame Street characters. But have there been many segments starring both of them? I can't really think of many, off-hand there's "A Monster Went and Ate My Red Two", but that's about it.

And have there been any street stories with the two as a duo/having equal involvement? Not really an ensemble (I might count it if it's Elmo, Cookie, and one other Muppet - and I guess if a human is just as involved I'll allow it), not scenes where one is heavily involved and the other is more background or just has a scene, but times when they really play off each other.

I do know they get this kind of duo interaction in The Cookie Thief, and the opening scene in Elmopalooza has Elmo and Cookie interacting/arriving at the theater together, and of course it looks like Cookie is set to be Elmo's on-air sidekick in Elmo's Not-So-Late Show.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I remember Elmo and Cookie interacting alongside Zoe in a segment where Cookie tells them that different people and monsters like different things.

BEAR 2

Reaction score
I think one of the reasons Cookie was chosen to be the sidekick is because he is a natural when it comes to playing off celebrities. He is funny and does well off the cuff in conversation. I think Telly also would have been good in this role about 10 years ago when the character was given more attention. People love Cookie Monster. I have noticed he has been in the spotlight on his own quite a lot lately...even more than Grover. I can't think of any specific moments where him and Elmo shared screentime significantly. I feel like Elmo's been paired with Ernie a lot outside of the central street story characters (Zoe, Abby, Rosita, Telly, Big Bird).

datman24

Reaction score
TBH, this was the only good pairing of Elmo and Cookie Monster they ever did throughout the history of the show.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
my favorite interaction between the two characters was for The Street Where We Live On, where Cookie Monster disguise himself as a baby to get a cookie.

BEAR 2

Reaction score
TBH, this was the only good pairing of Elmo and Cookie Monster they ever did throughout the history of the show.
Actually, I have to agree. This scene was incredible. Lol. Was Frank Oz still performing Cookie at this point?

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Actually, I have to agree. This scene was incredible. Lol. Was Frank Oz still performing Cookie at this point?
Yes, this was from Elmo Saves Christmas. Frank was still performing his characters.