COVID-19 Coronavirus News and Updates

MWoO

Reaction score
I remember after 9/11, 2001, everyone LOVED cops and firemen. Now, cops are looked at as evil minority killing racist monsters. It won't take long for that to happen again.

Heck, a few weeks ago we had two customers verbally fighting in our store. I called the manager on duty and he asked a police officer that tends to be on site to go over and handle it. The officer does and while he is doing it another manager, who wouldn't get involved, talks crap about the cop and his uniform, saying all kinds of bad stuff about how cops are bad... while this cop is dealing with a situation that this person would not deal with...

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
We always lived in that world, only now people actually are realizing it. But, much like what happened after 9/11, it will all go back to normal and we won't give a **** about them soon enough.

I swear, when Kobe died everyone I worked with was so upset and I was just like.... how does this effect me exactly? Yeah, it was sad, but people acted like their world ended.
In the end, I always show my gratitude to the folks who have careers that require them to be distant from their families (doctors and nurses at hospitals, police, firemen/women, etc), and I always appreciate the folks who work in retail stores or shopping markets, whatever it may be, to keep them running as I always hate to see one of my favorite stores close and I understand working in these places can be very frustrating, especially with annoying, self-entitled customers.

Also, the case with celebs pretty much falls under the category of people who aren’t public icons de-humanizing them. I see it EVERYWHERE on social media. As a big basketball fan myself, I was sad to see Kobe lose his life, especially in a situation where it was completely out of his control, but it was crazy that people treated it like the apocalypse was coming.

I will, however, say maybe some people found it to be upsetting because he was a big influence on them. Just some food for thought.

Last edited:

mariolover

Reaction score
I love grilled cheeses with turkey, ham, and mayo for the bread!

But I probably would be disgusted by eating it with cottage cheese and ketchup. Just the thought of it makes me want to puke.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I remember after 9/11, 2001, everyone LOVED cops and firemen. Now, cops are looked at as evil minority killing racist monsters. It won't take long for that to happen again.

Heck, a few weeks ago we had two customers verbally fighting in our store. I called the manager on duty and he asked a police officer that tends to be on site to go over and handle it. The officer does and while he is doing it another manager, who wouldn't get involved, talks crap about the cop and his uniform, saying all kinds of bad stuff about how cops are bad... while this cop is dealing with a situation that this person would not deal with...
I’ve said it before, but I have a big love-hate relationship with the cops. Respect for the cops who actually take the law seriously and don’t use excessive force and treat everyone like equals that the media refuses to report because hur hur it won’t do good for ratings! But I have no respect for cops who DO show signs of hated to different races and think because they have a badge and a gun, they can do whatever they want that the media LOVES to report on (and what the extreme left loves to constantly generalize all cops as).

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Some more good news. Doctors are finding a vaccine used to treat malaria might work for the virus.

See folks? Things might look bleak, but there is always hope. As long as you have hope, you’ll survive. If you lose hope, sucks to be you.

mariolover

Reaction score
Quarantine is boring. I hope it ends soon so I can actually hang out with friends, go on a date with this girl I was talking about, go bowling, etc.

At least today I get to play Euchre with my mom, my stepdad, and my stepbrother. It's a fun card game. Confusing but fun when you get the hang of it.

This Coronavirus is just a test. The beginning of something much bigger. Wait until you can’t buy food without the mark of the beast!

Guess it’s almost time to go back to camping in the woods like the Native Americans.

Last edited:

MWoO

Reaction score
I’ve said it before, but I have a big love-hate relationship with the cops. Respect for the cops who actually take the law seriously and don’t use excessive force and treat everyone like equals that the media refuses to report because hur hur it won’t do good for ratings! But I have no respect for cops who DO show signs of hated to different races and think because they have a badge and a gun, they can do whatever they want that the media LOVES to report on (and what the extreme left loves to constantly generalize all cops as).
So basically, you have the same affinity for cops as you would people... almost as if they are people.

Just as there are good people and bad people, there are good cops and bad cops. And just like regular people, most are good, but the ones that are bad get all the attention.

Some more good news. Doctors are finding a vaccine used to treat malaria might work for the virus.

See folks? Things might look bleak, but there is always hope. As long as you have hope, you’ll survive. If you lose hope, sucks to be you.
For me, I expect there to be a vaccine or cure, that is not what worries me. What I fear is the economic backlash this will have, not only on our nation, but the entire world.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
So basically, you have the same affinity for cops as you would people... almost as if they are people.
Well, yeah, exactly. I mean, they are people at the end of the day; people who just have a big job that unfortunately always puts their lives at risk and they have to be safe and cautious as much as possible. Unfortunately, there also comes the bad apples who try and take advantage of their job as much as possible.

Just as there are good people and bad people, there are good cops and bad cops. And just like regular people, most are good, but the ones that are bad get all the attention.
Again, that all comes down to the media taking advantage of ratings. While I appreciate that they are generally reporting stories of ignorant cops out there who abuse their jobs, and I also have personally dealt with cops like those in my own hometown, I wish they would also take more time to report good cops stories so we don’t have to constantly hear “hurrrr all cops are bad! Cancel the police force!” Blah blah blah

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
It’s a hassle, but is NOT, and WILL not be the end of the world.
To sum up Revelation

For me, I expect there to be a vaccine or cure, that is not what worries me. What I fear is the economic backlash this will have, not only on our nation, but the entire world.
Yes, the economy will suffer for a while. When the virus first broke out the Dow Jones dropped 10,000 points. Just as it did in 1987, just like it did in 2008. I lived through both of them. Difficult, but not impossible. At least we were in a solid position when this happened, better than Italy or China. Latest estimates Italy is losing six hundred people a day.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score

Cops have been fighting an uphill battle since Ferguson in 2014. Yes, there have been some scandalous incidents over the years that paint them in a bad light.
Some people think minorities would be better off if you remove the cops altogether. No cops, no racial profiling, no white-cop-killing-innocent-black scenes, no headlines, no need for Black Lives Matter, that deal.
actually, just the opposite is true. There is less crime where there is more police presence, not less.
It is unfortunate when you have incidents where someone black gets killed by a white cop (occasionally it’s a black or Spanish cop, but a white cop fits the narrative so much better).

But on the other side of the coin, you have very few cops policing the streets of Chicago, and a dozen black-on-black murders happen every day, and nobody lifts an eyebrow.

At least you’ll never see a fire truck pull up to a burning house and a white fireman say, “Meh, it’s a black house burning down. Let’s get a beer”.