COVID-19 Coronavirus News and Updates

MWoO

Reaction score
Yep. The media is what caused panic. The country is responding appropriately, but the media is taking that response and turning it into panic. And the guy is totally right. People are responding to the panic because if they don't then they will be without supplies.

Stores are empty, not because the supply lines are short, but because of panic buying. If people did not panic buy there would be no shortage.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
And again, the medical professionals and experts who are actually dealing with COVID-19 are the ones trying to tell people not to panic-buy and hoard; you can to the store and shop are you normally would, that's one of the only times they're recommending you actually leave the house, otherwise, just stay home, and don't leave the house unless you actually need to.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
First death has been reported in my state, an old man who lived in Nashville, and had underlying health problems.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Our town got its first confirmed case the other day. But our family seems unsick at the moment.

I don't know how long this can last. I don't think we can do this social distancing thing for more than a month.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
That’s what I’m saying! At the end of the day, there are jobs people need to go to, kids who need an education, etc

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Well, the schools are done until the fall, I'm certain. Everything else is a much different story.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Schools are doing all they can to teach kids at home. And since so many kids have iPhones and tablets the switch doesn’t seem that severe.
I don’t know if they still dissect frogs in Biology like when I was that age, but just about every subject can be taught at home.
What you can’t replicate at home is the social interaction- eating lunch, playing sports, going to the prom.
I feel bad for my niece. Every year the 8th grade takes a class trip to Washington DC, to see all the monuments, the Smithsonian, that whole deal. They’ve been fundraising all year, and they had to shelf it.