COVID-19 Coronavirus News and Updates

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It would appear that another new, albeit rare, side effect has been discovered with the J&J vaccine (which I got), in that some sort disorder can really wreck havoc on your nervous system and practically paralyze you! Yikes!

It seems like no matter what, we're all screwed one way or another - either by the virus itself, or the vaccines that were produced to protect us.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I had a low grade fever as well, not to mention soreness at the injection sight. My parents had somewhat more severe side effects, they both felt incredibly lethargic, and my dad had trouble breathing (doesn't help he's hooked up on oxygen).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Oh yeah, we had our vaccines back in March, though my mom's concerned about whether we should get a booster now that this Delta variant is ravaging the nation; that J+J vaccine was more effective against the then-new variants like the African variant, but there's no way of knowing if it's effective against this new Delta variant.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
So Cali it seems is going back to the mask mandate regardless of vaccination status. And I assume many states will be following the same rule.

Yeah, “masks no longer required” the CDC says :rolleyes: Look where it’s lead to now.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Because the people that set the rules keep changing them..
Way back in the beginning of March, Fauci said he didn’t think the virus would affect that many people. He also said masks weren’t necessary.
As the virus spread over the following months, he had to walk back his original assessment. But he was not alone. No country in the world was equipped to handle this. In Europe, Spain and Italy were the hardest hit.

Here was a split between red and blue states. There were squawks about Texas and Florida opening up, but New York and California, despite their obsessive lockdowns, suffered more casualties.

At the height of social distancing (don’t get within six feet of anybody) it was perfectly okay to go out and loot and burn. Somehow you’ll stay immune from Covid. Grab me a pair of Nikes while you’re at it. Size 10.

Even nine months after the vaccines, and society trying to get back to normal (Wasn’t that the goal, Joe?) California pushing to bring mask mandates back. Gavin Newsom is in shaky enough ground. There’s already a petition with a million signatures to kick him out, his state won’t stand for this.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Way back in the beginning of March, Fauci said he didn’t think the virus would affect that many people. He also said masks weren’t necessary.
What he actually said was that masks weren't necessary if you weren't already sick; if you were sick (either with the virus, or some other illness like a seasonal flu or the like), then it was suggested that you do wear a mask so as to not spread any germs or bacteria in the air, because they still weren't sure if COVID was an airborne virus (which it later turned out it was). Eventually, he urged everybody to wear masks, and suggested specifically that people who weren't sick wear a mask that completely sealed your face, so any airborne virus would have virtually no chance of entering your nose or mouth while you breathe.
At the height of social distancing (don’t get within six feet of anybody) it was perfectly okay to go out and loot and burn. Somehow you’ll stay immune from Covid. Grab me a pair of Nikes while you’re at it. Size 10.
And . . . you still keep pivoting back to that, don't you? Nobody said that was perfectly okay, or that it would keep you immune from COVID.
Even nine months after the vaccines, and society trying to get back to normal (Wasn’t that the goal, Joe?) California pushing to bring mask mandates back. Gavin Newsom is in shaky enough ground. There’s already a petition with a million signatures to kick him out, his state won’t stand for this.
To be fair, Fauci and others have warned that it could actually be years before we can get back to normal, but of course, moody Americans are selfish and impatient. Bill Lee already started reopening our state as far back as May (of 2020) and as a result, our state ended up becoming the world's new COVID epicenter back during Christmas; he never enforced masks, he never advocated for vaccines, and instead, insisted we listen to Trump instead of Fauci or other medical experts or scientists - we had huge spikes in our curve because of it. Even now as we speak, the Appalachian region (which is just now starting to be ravaged by COVID) is still refuse to acknowledge the virus is real and continue to insist it's all just a liberal hoax.