COVID-19 Coronavirus News and Updates

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It would seem our curve is definitely on the rise again, both county-wise and state-wise; and this after it was hitting some all-time lows during the past couple of months.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
From what I've heard on the local news, at least four kids are being hospitalized specifically for the Delta variant.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
New York’s mayor DeBlasio is trying to incentivize people to get vaccinated. If you’re vaxxed, and you show your card, it’s like he’s handing you the keys to the city. If you’re unvaxxed, stay the heck out.
People aren’t exactly busting doors down to come back to New York.
1) Homeless people camping out/ crapping on the sidewalks.
2) crime up 83% since last year. Remember that whole Defund the Police thing from last year? Anyone old enough to remember that?
Take away the police guess what happens. More robberies, more murders, more rapes, not exactly a boon for tourists.

I’m all for vaccines. But nobody’s gonna want to come visit a cesspool. Tourism was New York’s biggest industry. If COVID didn’t cripple New York enough, DeBlasio’s policies did.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Once again, yo’re incorrect.
I’ll spell it out as simple as I can.
I’ll type S-L-O-W-L-Y.

Take away the presence of police, criminals will be more inclined to commit crimes because there is less chance of facing any consequences.
And do you know who suffer the most? People in minority neighborhoods. Not just New York, but L.A., Chicago, DC, Detroit, Atlanta, every city where they were pushing for Defund the Police, had an adverse effect on those cities.
If someone steals something, if it is less than 900 dollars, no charges are filed.

By the way, last year, did you ever get your Halloween decorations back?

No? Dang, where’s a racist cop when you need one?

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Once again, you're incorrect about Defund the Police; taking away the police is a rightwing rhetoric.

This is what Defund the Police really means:
Cute comic. That works great in comic books. In the REAL world, where most of us actually live, it's not quite so simple. Ask Portland residents how defund the police is working. Ask Minneapolis residents how defund the police is working. You know, like, actual cities.

Let's get back to COVID discussion in here and take the political talk to the politics thread. Perhaps you could make a legitimate argument or cite a legitimate article or opinion piece backing your argument. I would love to hear one.