Classic Sesame Clips on YouTube

wiley207

Reaction score
JonnyTBird uploaded THIS in English, a Sesame Street News segment that only aired once on the show in 1989!

I will admit, I thought hearing Marty Robinson doing the News Flash announcer spiel was pretty funny. I'm guessing that during Season 20 they tried experimenting with the News Flash soundtracks, hence this one having Marty Robinson as the announcer, and the Christmas Chimney Sweep one having Jerry Nelson give a completely different announcement ("We interrupt your regularly-scheduled program for a special report from our news correspondent, Kermit the Frog!") That way they wouldn't sound so monotonous always using that one stock recording of Jerry's announcer spiel they'd been using since 1983.

kathy26

Reaction score
JonnyTBird uploaded THIS in English, a Sesame Street News segment that only aired once on the show in 1989!

I will admit, I thought hearing Marty Robinson doing the News Flash announcer spiel was pretty funny. I'm guessing that during Season 20 they tried experimenting with the News Flash soundtracks, hence this one having Marty Robinson as the announcer, and the Christmas Chimney Sweep one having Jerry Nelson give a completely different announcement ("We interrupt your regularly-scheduled program for a special report from our news correspondent, Kermit the Frog!") That way they wouldn't sound so monotonous always using that one stock recording of Jerry's announcer spiel they'd been using since 1983.
Great Song and Newsflash

minor muppetz

Reaction score
This is How I'm Made is interesting. I saw it only aired in one episode, I wonder what is wrong with it. I can't really decide if it's really great or just ordinary. With so many segments it could probably be hard to air everything every season, but until season 29 it would have been possible to air every Sesame Street News segment once a season without repeating (and without showing two an episode), and there doesn't seem to be anything objectionable in this. After looking up some info on the wiki and seeing that Joe Raposo wrote the song I quickly realized this came after his death (I wonder if Raposo has any other posthumous songs in season 20).

It is weird that they just had Martin Robinson do the announcer voice. I saw a comment that said Jerry Nelson was likely busy but if that's the case they could have just reused the same opening from most of the others (it would be interesting to track how many Sesame Street News segments have unique announcements at the beginning instead of the usual... and this one basically has Robinson reading Nelson's usual line). I wonder if this was intended to be a news segment, for the most part you could remove Kermit and it wouldn't make a big difference. And maybe it's just me but Kermit looks superimposed into that segment. Between this and next season's "Bird Family Song" it seems they were starting to have news segments that were primarily song segments.

With the exception of a few Dr. Nobel Price segments and the complete rainy day segment with Telly and Mona, I guess I've now seen all the news segments in their original English audio.

I just watched that Don Music segment, that is a good one. Although the back-up singers are all male, it sounds like there's a female vocalist or two in that. I don't think any of the kids were singing along.

I had trouble determining who performed the singer in that Danger segment, at first it sounds a bit like Jerry Nelson but at times it doesn't. I'm guessing Michael Earl or Bob Payne, they seem to have done Jerry Nelson-like voices. I should look up the song on the wiki and see if it says. EDIT: Okay, I see on the wiki that it was Jerry Nelson as the singer.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
@minor muppetz my guess is the country singer AMs were probably intended to be female originally, but they ended up recycling the puppets for the Alphabeats (assuming the face features were already at hand for them) and threw in another extra fat blue puppet.

Last edited:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
So this is the final time I’m posting this song, but we now have the (entire) 3:24 clip for “Wet Paint” (combined with its original 2033 airing with the SMV intro and its 2667 airing with the full, cold ending):

I also re-uploaded my audio recreation (omitting the SMV intro but keeping the full eight pre-drum beats before How Now’s countdown and keeping the full ending) to make the entire 2:24 length of the TV version of the song if you wish to download this for personal listening:

Last edited: