Classic Sesame Clips on YouTube

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
The thing is they’ve barely uploaded classic clips since 2019 during the 50th anniversary. And that pretty much continued on into this year.

I don’t think the pandemic has anything to do with it - I feel like they just retired with classic clips.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
The thing is they’ve barely uploaded classic clips since 2019 during the 50th anniversary. And that pretty much continued on into this year.
I thought they uploaded plenty of classic clips during the anniversary. Though many of them were "collections" videos of multiple clips or mash-ups of clips (not to mention the "Sesame Street Rewind" series which I wish they didn't discontinue).

minor muppetz

Reaction score
This reminds me a little of how sesamestreet.org seemed to stop adding new classic clips in 2010, with the exception of a brief period in 2011 where they added a lot of classic clips, many of them rare clips with rare characters (including the first time many of us got to hear Aristotle's voice and see him in action), which seems to have been for the sake of a characters section that was added shortly afterwards.

Back to the topic of clips that have been added to YouTube, I watched some of that Oscar and the butterfly one. Interesting in the Linda scene, sounds like we can hear her a little, a rare instance of hearing her voice (I've been meaning to start a Muppet Wiki sandbox page for times she spoke), but it sounds like Bruno makes a sound as well. I can't really tell if that's Bruno or Oscar. We see Bruno move his mouth and we hear an "uh"-type sound before Oscar definitely talks.

Also watched a little bit of the Fix-It Shop Hooper's Store contest scenes, mainly just skipped to the Don Music part. That song sounds wonderful. Was very swayed while listening to it.

PumpkinJ

Reaction score
To me myself, I basically don't know a consistent answer to why they're not uploading classic clips on their official YouTube channel anymore, especially for the popular "#ThrowbackThursday" thing. One thing could be it being affected by the notorious Internet leak of Episode 847's footage recorded from the MoMI's Sesame Street Lost and Found event, given that anyone who supported the workshop's copyright holders stated that leaking this footage "would cause serious effects to future Sesame Street events for lost episodes" and that "if all this leaks now, Sesame can withhold the rest of the footage, because they have lost trust in the fanbase", but I could be wrong. It's highly unlikely they'll stop releasing anymore classic content on behalf of this leak, given that a lot of unauthorized uploads of Classic Sesame Street footage (pertaining to clips that have never been on home media and have been off the air for decades) have been appearing on YouTube and other sites for years.

Now, given by some of you folks pointing out that they're trying to focus more on original work, I'm also beginning to draw another path of my mind to thinking that a clearer reason they're not uploading anymore classic clips at this time is because since the global COVID-19 impact is a seriously dangerous situation to human life at this time, they're focusing much more on trying to teach kids, teens and adults alike about social distancing and staying at home to be safe. They think that's what's more important than classic clips at this time, as again, due to the COVID-19 situation being serious. I see their point, and at the same time, I'm thinking they're like "Okay– For now, let's put a halt to uploading classic material for a while so we can focus on making original content teaching our audience important lessons on social distancing of being 6 feet apart, wearing a mask, staying at home, and being safe. The rest of the classic material we've planned to release, including classic episodes with anymore classic clips that come with it, can go to HBO Max and the AAOPB at this time." Now even though I'm just predicting that's what they think to themselves about releasing anymore classic clips, the last sentence in quotes I made up pretty much seems to have a good point explaining why they cannot release anymore classic clips on YouTube at this time.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I thought they uploaded plenty of classic clips during the anniversary. Though many of them were "collections" videos of multiple clips or mash-ups of clips (not to mention the "Sesame Street Rewind" series which I wish they didn't discontinue).
It was mostly compilations, and even I don’t think they really did much of that. Most of what I saw were favorite memories uploads from celebs.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
@minor muppetz I uploaded just the Don scene on YouTube beforehand if that’s all you’d like to see from the episode (which I can respect).

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Okay, I stand corrected - the workshop did post many solo throwback clips in 2019, but it was few and far between, which is why it felt like they retired by then.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
Checkered shirt. Jeans. A piece of rope for a belt? Maria's really pulling off that farmer's daughter look, isn't she?
I'm not even a Maria simp, but literally the first thing I was thinking is that she looks better than ever in this ep.