Classic Sesame Clips on YouTube

mikebennidict

Reaction score
I wish they'd amke it easier to play these clips. I certainly can't.

Ziffel

Reaction score
Wow, thanks for this site. Really nice to see (and hear) so many of these classic SS clips. Like the sound effects of the R being hauled up the building, the ball on the track, and the small,ball,tall,wall skit.
And Mike, is the trouble you are having that the clips constantly pause and start again? That's what happened to me on the first playing but then subsequent playings take that away. Like right now I am letting the Stevie Wonder song play through the first time (with its stops and starts) while I'm typing this. Then soon I can replay it and it should play straight through without interruption.
I hope some of you young folks will play some of these old clips so you can see the different look and sounds and style of the early 70's SS. :smile:

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Alright, it's the old Barkley closing. I'm trying to get that one up now. I guess the best thing to do is play it through once because it keeps pausing in the middle. Then after that's done, it should play the right way. That worked with the clip of the Mad TV parody.

anythingmuppet

Reaction score
Is there a way to download these? I love them! They're excellant finds :smile:

Barry Lee

Reaction score
At the moment, no. Which is the only downside.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
It's funny, I actually stumbled on to these today myself when I was watching the parody about Big Bird and the bird flu and I was so excited! I spent like a half hour watching some stuff I haven't seen in years! I was especially happy with the classic Ernie and Bert stuff!

*side note- Ziffel! Good to see you! We've missed you!*

MuppetDude

Reaction score
And "What's My Part?"! I haven't seen that one in years!! :excited:

PiLfan

Reaction score
Elmo's humble beginnings...

one of the clips on here is of particular interest from a SS historical perspective.

long before Elmo "took over" the program (though to be honest, as monopolizing as the Elmo World segments are, I tried watching a few out of morbid curiosity and find that they employ some excellent techniques for learning, problem solving, etc....along with some of the hyperactive, cutesy crap that we can all still do with out, of course) Elmo originally started as an anonymous anything-monster muppet in the late 70s/early 80s, before Kevin Clash gave him his identity. This clip, "Lost Me cookie at the disco", from circa 1979, is purportedly the first ever appearance of the elmo muppet:

http://www.youtube.com/w/Me-Lost-Me...me-Street)?v=5kTX3jaqH5M&search=Sesame Street

he doesn't look all that different from the current elmo, except his nose is a bit longer, and of course someone else is muppetering him in this clip (Brian Muehl, perhaps?)....Cookie monster even talks to him for a bit, asking for his lost cookie of course, and the muted elmo just looks on silently. who knew then what that muppet would eventually become, but you can kind of tell its appeal even in this dated skit. he's the only bright red muppet in a sea of dark blues and sea greens...he really stands out, and the camera almost seems to follow him at times. maybe his future 'stardom' was inevitable...kind of like the bright red sports car gets all the attention from beach side cops.

so anyway, that's just a few thoughts i figured i'd share....the youtube site is great....here's hoping lots more classic SS clips get on here....maybe some street segments from SS's first season, or oddities like the whimsy sing-a-long "We're all monsters".

:smile:

BooberFraggless

Reaction score
Thank you Al for posting these. Ya know lately Iv'e been going through some personal problems and have been feeling rather down. Well hearing these old songs from my childhood and getting to watch the videos that I haven't seen or heard in years has really cheered me up and I feel a lot better now. These are some great ones, especially The old Barkley closing from my childhood. Im looking forward to seeing more awsome stuff on this website in the future.