Search results

  1. D

    Who is currently performing Cookie Monster?

    Currently? David Rudman. It used to be Frank Oz.
  2. D

    Not Enough Classic Clips

    Hey! Too many cooks..... Confused is just a glib term for what I'm thinking. I guess they think kids don't want to watch anything really old. I can recall someone who was one of the voice actors on the US Dub of Ultimate Muscle saying they would not dub the older 1980's series because...
  3. D

    Lots of MUP3's, Wanna Trade?

    Does anyone have Proud by Little Jerry and the Monotones and I want a monster to be my Friend by the original artist?
  4. D

    What TV characters remind you of Muppets?

    At the risk of sounding obvious Inspector Gadget and Sherlock Hemlock musta had the same correspondance course in detective work.
  5. D

    Painful Classic Moments

    I will say, i did like the Buddy and Jim segment. But it seems like those live action comedy teams were a place filler for more muppet characters. I also gotta add the "fireman" and "Hey Cow I see you now" were just painful because they were unintentionally funny, and had me rolling on the...
  6. D

    Painful Classic Moments

    We have this thread in Fraggle Rock and Classic muppets, so I thought I'd put it here. Now I stress the word classic as it pretains to classic Sesame Street, and nothing from the 90's on, since that would be too easy. We'd probably have everyone just write "Elmo's World" over and over. So...
  7. D

    Painful Fraggle Moments

    I think Rob Paulsen's version of Boober and Majory the Trash Heap were the best, even if they were off. They aren't as close as the Muppet baby voices (Frank Welker's Baby Kermit is the best Kermit impersonation I've ever heard, and Gregg Berg's Fozzie is almost dead on.) but some of them are...
  8. D

    Other Fraggles in the rock

    I watched Red's Club last night, and I was wondering... do those three dumb Fraggles she was hanging out with after Gobo and the others left have names? I know one was performed by Richard Hunt. That's about it. That segment when they were banging their heads on the wall, and each other...
  9. D

    Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 38

    I agree, I mean, I love his going out into "outer space" and talking with the "Silly creatures" on the street, since the only other muppet to blaze that trail was Uncle Matt from Fraggle Rock... but I wanna see him as a character. I wanna see him interact with other Muppet Monsters, see what...
  10. D

    [Adult Swim]

    I kinda like the dub, but I love the Japanese version. I have a video copy of the movie "Crayon Shin-Chan: Let's Dance Amigo" I got from an Asian market that went out of business. It was in raw Japanese, and I could only make out a tiny bit of it (They say exposing yourself to another language...
  11. D

    Which Sesame CD's are out of production?

    With the DVD's it may be a little of both. I have seen some afforementioned bargain stores (like TJ Max) carry a lot of SS DVD's lately. I once had the oppertunity to pick up "Celebrate around the world" for 5 bucks on clearance, but then that would have required me to NOT see the TMNT movie...
  12. D

    Not Enough Classic Clips

    I always feel it's because of the structure of the show now being the reason why we don't see too many old clips. Not so much due to kids not benifiting from them as it is for time constraints. Back when we had JTE, we did have the chance of seeing classic Ernie and Bert segments every so...
  13. D

    Not Enough Classic Clips

    They used "paperclips" today. They seem to be using less Muppet stuff this season, but we had some rare stuff the last couple years, even one of the Cavemen Days segments.
  14. D

    Which Sesame CD's are out of production?

    Well, the Children's section is pretty much designated to Disney music (which sometimes is in the soundtrack section) and various really really bad children's musicians that think they are Raffi, but sadly aren't. Plus, as I stated, when it comes to SS they only carry the most popular selling...
  15. D

    Not Enough Classic Clips

    It had to be 1994 or so. That's when the show premired.
  16. D

    [Adult Swim]

    Considering I don't have cable, i can never watch any of the shows during broadcast. The latest I ever do when I'm over someone's house is the first Futurama. That's about it. However, with the internet and DVD's I watch this stuff online. I love ATHF, and Harvey Birdman. Robot Chicken's...
  17. D

    Shows/Movies You Wanna See on DVD

    Surprised they didn't do that, considering that Bonanza is like on 3 different channels and they rerun it constantly. You'd think someone would make them. I really wish Troma would release the rest of the Toxic Crusader series. They only have the first 4 episodes. They could have fit all...
  18. D

    The Offical "House MD" thread

    Okay, it's not so much I don't like the show, but am I the only one that prefers Hugh Laurie's earlier comedic works? I mean, i just simply loved him as the vain, stupid, foppish Prince in Black Adder the third. Of course, maybe that's why i can't watch House. I just keep thinking of that...
  19. D

    Cartoons that seem to last forever

    Of course, by condensing it into a half hour, they would have had to change the story line. Animaniacs did it, but they cut a lot out. I think they did a spectacular job with it, but they had a few too many rambling jokes in it. I think the shorter gags worked best (like Danny Elfman doing...
  20. D

    Not Enough Classic Clips

    Considering they have been using some stuff from the mid 80's (mostly Ernie and Bert stuff) I don't think it has a lot to do with being dated. If there's one thing that's dated its the old computer animated Letter segments. They look like a Power Point presentation now. But they still show...
Top