Search results

  1. D

    Sesame Street Live: When Elmo Grows Up

    ......and no one saw it coming... why?
  2. D

    International Records?

    You're speaking of These ones, right? might as well ad this link as well.. http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Category:International_Sesame_Street_Albums http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Sesamstraat_Albums
  3. D

    Cartoons that seem to last forever

    Hanna Barbera? Well, we just have to look at one cartoon character that NEVER seems to be off of television... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scooby_doo
  4. D

    Cartoons that seem to last forever

    Yeah, Spongebob has been on for almost 10 years. This makes it the second longest running Nicktoon behind Rugrats. Too Bad Zim had an audience of soully older audiences.... that one didn't last long.
  5. D

    Internet DVD scalpers...

    Ahhh yes... those little scum sucking monkeys that take adventage of DVD's being out of print and selling them for whatever the shell they can just because no one's stopping them. You know what I mean. When you look for a DVD on Amazon, and it's out of print and a used copy can cost you 30...
  6. D

    Sesame Workshop Staffer!

    Man, I'd love to do an internship there as well. Of course, I graduated College 3 years ago (and have struggled looking for employment since) , and it was for animation... That said, I'd also love to see if you could twist SW's arm and see if they can make DVD's similar to the Sesame Old...
  7. D

    the early comedy duos

    As I said in another thread, I felt that the human comedy teams were place fillers for more muppet characters in the future. Buddy and Jim were pretty funny, I can't lie. But Larry and Phylis was pretty brutal. I never saw the other. That said, I wonder how it tested.... I mean, the...
  8. D

    Painful Classic Moments

    The flowers in the rain bring bad horrible memories of waiting forever to see Ernie and Bert, or Grover, or the letter G is the first letter in the word "Giggle". It was ghastly DULL! I'm surprised it didn't test poorly. I could see kids getting fidgety during the segments. it wasn't as fun...
  9. D

    Funniest Fraggle Moments

    Large Marvin and Feenie are always a riot. Then of course, the three slow witted Fraggles that hung out with Red for five minutes in Red's Club, especially the "Gobo, Gobo, Gobo!" sequence when they were banging their heads on the cave walls and each other, following Red's lead. And for...
  10. D

    Besides the Muppets What Does Disney Own?

    No... they don;'t think it would be profitable. I mean, we had to twist their arms to get The Tick as it is. Remember, Disney would rather release its own stuff, and even still, it would rather release its own current or classic film stuff. Unless somehow a third party makes a deal with...
  11. D

    My Space/Facebook?

    I myself just have a Myspace. My sister has a facebook and a Myspace. I don't really know much of the difference, except on Facebook you can give virtual gifts- usually pretty naughty ones and virutal alcoholic drinks. And you can virtually hug and poke people as well. That's all I know...
  12. D

    Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 38

    UGH! No argument there. it seems like a sad little left over from 2 seasons ago. it's not educational. They just jump around and say vegetable names. It doesn't teach nutritional values or anything. It really has to be retired. it is the worst thing in new SS history, right up there with...
  13. D

    Season 38 Characters thread

    Amazing Al- Lavendar Live hands AM, orange traingle nose, blue eye lids, light brown tussled hair and eye brows. Wore a bluejean jacket. ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ Delivery Co. Delivery Guy- Hot Pink Live Hands AM, big blue round nose. Wide open eyes, Big grey bushy eye brows, bald, wore...
  14. D

    Besides the Muppets What Does Disney Own?

    They basically own everything Saban and Fox kids ever did (with certain exceptions) due in part to them buying up the Family Channel. I do not know what the terms were, that either Rupert Murdock had to sell off a station to get another, or if he was forced to sell one of them off for some...
  15. D

    International Records?

    I wonder if they have songs in Japanese or just the original English. I also wonder if they sell Plaza Sesamo CD's... especially since some Plaza Sesamo stuff sometimes finds its way up the border. I saw some Bibs a while back, and they sell DVD's in some places.
  16. D

    Anyone interested in trading/sharing International Music?

    I wish I had a couple international songs.... maybe the Plaza Sesamo theme...
  17. D

    Painful Classic Moments

    What's the anger for? ;) I'm just saying that music they use for it is pretty... well... odd and minimalistic. It makes it funnier than it should be.
  18. D

    Cartoons that seem to last forever

    I can see it. Much as I like KOTH, I think Beavis and Butthead was a much funnier show. Unfortunately, no one got the satire of it, and it gained the same fanbase that it set out to make fun of. Oh well...
  19. D

    Breakthrough Guest Star on TMS?

    I wonder if that made them mainstream with that appearance. Certainly, you can tell that they were the exact sort of act Jim Henson himself liked (as is evident in his earlier works, and films like Timepiece). they even incorporated it into an episode of Muppet babies... I'm not sure what the...
  20. D

    What is your favorite Old tv shows?

    I just don't want to count anything post 80's myself. I say stuff from the 70's backward due to the fact that I consider 80's + to be current, and not old enough to be old, even though some of them are 20-30 years old now. That said, I really Like Monty Python. That should count, right...
Top