Search results

  1. M

    Ideas for a possible 4-disc TMS CD collection

    If Disney decided to make a four-disc set of songs from The Muppet Show and put you in charge of the contents, what would you include? Remember, you can include anything you want (even songs with the guest stars) as long as they are from the muppet show and not any other programs. let's say...
  2. M

    Another Jim Hill Muppet rant

    one thing we should think about regarding the original ending line in the pitch tape that I don't think has been mentioend yet: at the time that it was made, Jim Henson probably didn't ever expect it to be seen by the general public. It was only made as a way to possibly sell the show to a...
  3. M

    Muppets Season 1 releases Aug 9, 2005

    What about the other edited skits?
  4. M

    where did you first hear about these productions?

    I first knew about Aliens in The family when I saw TGIF on the night that Muppets Tonight! premiered, since the cast of that show was hosting the TGIF block that night, and I didn't know that it was a henson series untill later that week. Hmm, did the muppets host TGIf the week before that (on...
  5. M

    Muppets Season 1 releases Aug 9, 2005

    irony It's ironic that All Of me and You've got a Friend are bot cut, since those two were included on the video Gonzo Presents Muppet Weird Stuff, so Jim henson (or whoever was in charge of the video) must have gotten the music rights for the video release of that. I am not sure if those...
  6. M

    multiple character dubbing in early years

    yeah, it seems like this fact is so obscure that even the majority of us hardcore fans didn't know (untill now, at least) that guy Smiley was originally called Sonny Friendly. Do you think Sonny friendly was named after Guy Smileys original name or if it was just a coincidence? I wonder if Jim...
  7. M

    The New Gig

    Wow! That was a great story! I liked Sweetums on top of the bus, althouhg I would hav ethought that he could fit, and I liked the comments about scooter not knowing about the muppet movies from the early 1990s. :cool:
  8. M

    where did you first hear about these productions?

    I just remembered something not mentioned here. I first knew about the video Getting Ready To Read by seeing it advertized (if that's the right word) as a gift for pledging a certain amount on a local PBS pledge drive.
  9. M

    where did you first hear about these productions?

    I first knew of Family Rules, Farscape, and all henson shows that originated on The oddyssey channel by reading about them on Muppet Central. I first knew about breakfast With Bear by reading tough pigs. I first knew of Brats of the Lost Nebula by seeing commercials for it (and didn't...
  10. M

    multiple character dubbing in early years

    In the book Sesame Street Unpaved, it mentions that Sonny friendly hosted the game show The crying game. Does anybody know if this was hosted by Guy Smiley when he was known as sonnny friendly or if it was the other character with the same name.
  11. M

    Minor Muppetz' TMS outline: Judd Hirsch

    performers here is who should have performed some of the characters: Steve Whitmire should have performed the evil frog. Jim henson should have performed Gorgon heap. dave Goelz should have performed the wrecking ball.
  12. M

    Minor Muppetz' MT! outline: Tim Allen

    Here is a second season outline for Muppets tonight! Cold Opening/ Controll Room Nigel The Director is taking the night off, so Kermit has arranged for movie director John Landis to be the guest star. Sam shows up and is disgusted by some of the things in his movies. Introduction...
  13. M

    where did you first hear about these productions?

    I first knew about Buddy by seeing previews for it in the video release of Matilda. I first knew about The Storyteller by seeing a preview for The Jim Henson Hour in which Jim Henson mentioned that the show would have "new episodes of The Storyteller". I first knew about The Jim Henson...
  14. M

    where did you first hear about these productions?

    I first heard about Tales of the Tinkerdee, The Great Santa Clause Switch, The Muppet Show: Sex And Violence, The Muppets Go Hollywood, John Denver and the Muppets: Rocky Mountain Holiday, The Ghost of Faffner Hall, The Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson, The Storyteller: Greek Myths (although after...
  15. M

    where did you first hear about these productions?

    here is how I first knew about some more things i used to have a babysitter who got a magazine that listed that months programming on the Disney Channel, and that is how I first heard about Big Bird In China, Big Bird In Japan, Basil hears A Noise, and I think that is how I first knew about...
  16. M

    where did you first hear about these productions?

    Do any of you remember how you first knew about certain henson productions? did you first know about them by watching them? seeing a commercial for them? by reading the internet? I will list how I first heard about as many muppet/ Jim henson/ Sesame Street productions as possible. I...
  17. M

    Come Together

    can anybody tell me what this Muppet sketch from "The Ed Sullivan Show" was about?
  18. M

    Characters You'd Like to See Return to the Street

    the only Sesame Street muppets who appeared in clips but not in new footage of the special are Kermit, Fat Blue, Forgetful Jones, prarie Dawn, Merry Monster, and Lulu, so it's not really that much. There wasn't any Sam The Robot, Guy Smiley, Rosevelt Franklin, or others.
  19. M

    Minor Muppetz' TMS outline: Judd Hirsch

    Cold Opening/ Dressing Room Scooter finds that Judd Hirsch is sick. Judd thinks it's because he is on the show. Opening orchestra: Zoot cough when he is supposed to blow his saxaphone. Gonzos horn: gonzo shrinks as he blows, and then a rat eats him. Introduction Kermit...
  20. M

    Your Sesame Street video ideas

    More Monster Hits Furry Happy Monsters We'll Do It Together (if this exists as an actual sketch) Share (version with Elmo and Zoe) Monster In The Mirror I want a monster to be my friend Up And Down Five Monsters In My family I Whistle a Happy Tune I can't help it Proud of...
Top