Search results

  1. M

    Kingston Livingston III and Roxie Maie

    According to the book Sesame Street Unpaved, Kingstin Livingston was friends with Roxie Marie. However, I cannot think of any moments with both of these characters interacting. The only time I ever recall seeing them together was in Sesame Streets 25th Birthday: A Musical Celebration, where they...
  2. M

    guest stars who didn't close the show

    Although You Can't Rollerskate In a Buffalo Herd was introduced as the closing number, that was followed by a conversation panel sketch with Ruth Buzzi. I wonder if that sketch was originally meant to be shown earlier but moved to the end of the show at the last minute (after everything had been...
  3. M

    The Henson Connection

    My original rule was for the person who started the round to end the round either in a day or a day and a half. So hopefully Mrs pepper will select a new member to start the next round. Besides, it looks like we might be running out of Steve Martin refferences.
  4. M

    The Return of the Dodos

    No, it's not a refference to anything.
  5. M

    Favorite TMS closing numbers

    Temptation Some Enchanted Evening Fever Thank God I'm A Country Boy A Sad Song Pure Imagination Theres No Buisness Like Show Buisness The Wishing Song To Dream The Impossible Dream Schools Out Lynda Carters closing number Singing In The Rain Side By Side/ What Would We Do...
  6. M

    The closing themes of Sesame Street

    Were the muppets animated in the animated closing theme? Did any of the first season episodes shown on Noggin have ending credits? People keep saying that the closing credits used to onlyu be seen on episodes that were originally broadcast on fridays. However, I remember seeing the...
  7. M

    Koozebanian Phoob appearances on TMS

    I've never noticed before that the phoob was in the audience during the first season. I wonder if he was created for anything before (or outside of) The Muppet Show. But as far as I know his interview in the Judy Collins episode was the first time he had a significant role (was it his only...
  8. M

    The Henson Connection

    another connection muppet performer Frank Oz has directed many movies that Steve Martin appeared in, including Little Shop of Horrors, Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, Father of the Bride, and Bowfinger.
  9. M

    Minor Muppetz' TMS outline: John Travolta

    This outline takes place in the fifth season. Cold opening/ Lobby Pops: Who are you? John Travolta: I'm John Travolta. Pops: Who? John Travolta: John travolta. I'm tonights guest star. Pops: What? John Travolta: I am the guest star tonight. Pops: Why? (John Travolta gives an...
  10. M

    Koozebanian Phoob appearances on TMS

    Here are his muppet show appearances: Judy Collins: He appears in the sketch where kermit interviews him. Edgar Bergan: He appears among the monsters in the number "Consider Yourself". Steve martin: He leaves the audience at the beginning of the show. the Koozebanian Phoob also...
  11. M

    guest stars who didn't close the show

    I would like to start a thread concerning guest stars who did not do a closing number or act on The Muppet Show. Here are the guest stars that I know of who weren't part of the final act: Juliet Prowse Florence Henderson (Happy Together would have been a good closing number) Harvey...
  12. M

    Your Henson Priorities

    I just realized that there are some videos that I forgot to mention, such as Imagine That and Let's Make Music. I'll put both of those between Let's eat and Elmos World: Happy Holidays. I also forgot to list Quiet Time. I'll put that after Happy healthy Monsters.
  13. M

    Celebrating Jerry Juhl

    That's sad It's too bad that Jerry Juhl died. At least he was able to work on the first season DVDs of both The Muppet Show and Fraggle Rock. I wonder if this news will be in any upcoming issues of any magazines (like TV Guide or Entertainment Weekly).
  14. M

    The Return of the Dodos

    The under Elmos nose comment is a refference to the fact that kevin Clash is Elmos performer, and works underneath Elmo (which would be under Elmos nose).
  15. M

    Boxed set of classic SS episodes -- coming soon??

    If you want to fantasize some more, you can read a thread I started in the Sesame Merchandise section, called "DVD Set Idea: Sesame Street Golden Collection". What I listed is a true wish list.
  16. M

    which do you think will be finished first?

    Well, now that Season 1 has been released, I am convinced that the DVD sets will be finished first. This set only has a small nubmer of features. There was no room for the Jim Henson retrospective, The Muppet Valentine Show, or series premier insertials (whatever those are). The only feature...
  17. M

    Left out of compilation tapes

    I wonder if there are enough dance scenes (besides At The dance) to fill a video themed around dancing? I already know that some of the most obvious choices were already included (Happy Feet in The Muppet Revue, You Make Me Feel Like Dancing and Disco Frog in Rock Music With The Muppets, Gonzo...
  18. M

    The Return of the Dodos

    Chapter 20 The Dodos rode in the back of the Sleaze Brothers truck. "Wow", said Mommie, "This is a breezy ride." "yeah", said Daddie, "it's priceless." "I'm getting cold", complained Marie. "Well, I'm getting old", said Daddie. The truck stopped in an empty field area...
  19. M

    The Henson Connection

    According to the book Sesame Street Unpaved, the Sesame Street skit where Jim Carrey demonstrated happy feet and sad feet was originally written with Steve Martin in mind, but for some reason Steve Martin chose not to appear on Sesame Street (i'm not sure if he turned down a chance to be on the...
  20. M

    debut years/ seasons of skits

    I would assume that all of the number painter skits were produced in the same year. Usually, whenever there is a recurring series of non-muppet films (especially ones involving letters or numbers) on Sesame Street, all segments are normally produced and aired in one year. After all, we know that...
Top