Search results

  1. M

    muppetshow season 2

    It's great that it's finally announced. I wonder how long it will be before any non-Muppet Morsel features are announced. Looks lie it won't be available before valetines day. If the valentines show was included, Disney could have put a note on the cover saying "featuring The Muppet...
  2. M

    Season 2 on DVD?

    Where did you read this? Was it just recently announced? I didn't think Disney gave an official announcement about season 2 (or any additional 2006 Muppet DVD release) yet.
  3. M

    Your Thoughts: TMS Season 1 DVD

    I guess for the first two epsiodes the DVD producers used the original masters for the broadcast versions, and not the original, unaired versiosn, which were different. It's too bad that those weren't included as bonus features, or if not complete shows, maybe they coudl have been on there as...
  4. M

    Muppet Family Christmas OR Very Muppet Christmas?

    Actually, Martin P. Robinson had been performing Mr. Snuffleupagus for five years when he took over as Telly. As for them not being likely to think of having telly appear, I wonder if the makers of the special thought about having any specific character who just appeared in the background...
  5. M

    Put Down The Duckie vs. Monster In The Mirror

    Put Down The Duckie was not originally part of a nighttime special. Both songs were originally produced withotu celebrity appearances, and then during the years the songs were produced, whenever a celebrity made an appearance on the show the producers taped a special verse with those celebrities...
  6. M

    Muppet Family Christmas OR Very Muppet Christmas?

    Elmo and Prarie dawn were both there without lines. They both appeared in the front row when the SS cast sings deck The Halls. Prarie dawn is in the audience during the pageant, and when everybody sings christmas carols, she sits next to dr. teeth. I think Elmo was in a lot more scenes than...
  7. M

    Sketches and Songs on Sesame Street videos

    And now I will review Three Sesame Street Stories, also from 1985. Everyone Makes Mistakes: Little Bird nararates this story, in which big Bird is thinking about what to get mr. Snuffleupagus for his birthday, and he thinks so hard that he isn't watching where he's going, and walks into the...
  8. M

    Sketches and Songs on Sesame Street videos

    I'm going to do a different kidn of review now. I am going to review Five Sesame Street Stories, which was one of two videos released by Golden Books Home Video in 1985, a year before Random House Home Video started releasing Sesame Street videos. Now, this video doesn't include any segments...
  9. M

    Put Down The Duckie vs. Monster In The Mirror

    Which song do you like better, Put Down The Duckie or Monster In The Mirror? I like Monster In The Mirror better. It has a lot of cool special effects, an appearance by an animated Grover, and a lot of better celebrity cameos, including The Simpsons. Plus, I think it's funny how the cameos...
  10. M

    Muppet Family Christmas OR Very Muppet Christmas?

    Prarie would have been a more appropiate choice for being in charge of the pageant than Ernie and Bert. Even if Martin Robinson wasn't there, Telly could have still been there without lines. I'm guessing that Fran Brill, Martin P. Robinson, and Kevin Clash didn't perform in the special...
  11. M

    If you could have made more sing-along videos

    I'm going to break my own rule and include a few more ideas: The Music Just Keeps On Rolling Along uh-oh, Here She Comes (from The Jim Henson Hour) Lydia The tattooed Lady (from The Muppet Show) Stepping Out With a Star (from The Great Muppet caper) We Need a Little Christmas (from A...
  12. M

    Sketches and Songs on Sesame Street videos

    yet another review Title: Bedtime Stories And Songs (later retited Sleepytime Songs And Stories) release year: 1986. Plot: Big Bird get's ready for bed. he tries to get to bed in a variety of ways, expecting the audience to sleep the way he does, but then realizes that some of his...
  13. M

    If you could have made more sing-along videos

    my ideas Now, here are my ideas: The First Time It Happens The First Time It Happens (from The Great Muppet Caper) Ukelelee Lady (from The Muppet Show) Mahna Mahna (from The Muppet Show) Can You Picture That? (from The Muppet Movie) To Be a Cartoonist Is Fun! (from Wow! You're a...
  14. M

    If you could have made more sing-along videos

    Let's say that it is 1996. Disney has decided to release more Muppet Sing-Along videos in the style of the Disney's Sing-Along-Songs videos, like how the It's Not Easy Being Green video was. Disney decided to put you in charge of three videos, under these conditions: 1. all of the songs have...
  15. M

    Are the muppet movies rereleases worth getting?

    If you really want to see the Pepe's Profiles, maybe you could see if a local video store or library has them and rent them.
  16. M

    Muppet Family Christmas OR Very Muppet Christmas?

    Wouldn't it have been great if the Sesame Street human cast appeared in MFC? It would have been interesting to see Doc interact with the humans (it's also a little bit sad that he didn't talk to Big Bird). I was thinking about this, and now I'm starting to wonder if there was a limited stand...
  17. M

    Sesame Street video pro's and con's

    Some more pro's and con's: Bedtime Stories And Songs: Pro's-includes an appearance by Buster, the original Imagination, Dance Myself To Sleep, and a very early 1970s skit with Maria. Con's- the kit where the count counts sleep is heavily edited to remove all scenes with Bert and Ernie...
  18. M

    Which SS christmas special do you prefer?

    If the special is lousy, then I wonder why/ how it got an emmy nomination (though it didn't win). Were there not many good specials from that year to get nominated in the first place? I wonder what Sesame Workshops opinions of this special are. I wonder if the people at Sesame Workshop hate...
  19. M

    Your Thoughts: TMS Season 1 DVD

    As far as I know, the only completely edited backstage scene was the scene before the danceros act from the Jim Nabors episode, and ironically, that's the only cut scene from the first season that was included in The Muppet Show Book (though in the book the dialogue is changed to Scooter getting...
  20. M

    The Muppet Christmas Festival

    Chapter 9 Big Bird, Grover, Biff, Roxy Marie, The Two-Headed Monster, Elmo, Zoe, Telly, and Baby Bear were in Snuffys cave, helping Snuffy and Alice get their tree decorated. "Thanks for all the help", said Snuffy. "Help", repeated (and giggled) Alice. "Well, this is such an...
Top