Search results

  1. M

    Do the Academy Awards need a new category?

    Even if there was a Best Comedy category, I wouldn't mind if a movie was nominated for both Best Picture and Best Comedy. Heck, I'd be alright if the same movie was nominated for both Best Picture and best Anamated Picture.
  2. M

    jim henson theme park

    I have thought about a Jim Henson theme park since at least 1994. Since this would have been years before The Jim Henson Company sold off some of it's own properties, it would have been possible to have a replica of the Sesame Street set, a tour of Fraggle Rock, a Labrynth maze (possibly a...
  3. M

    Bill Bubble Guy's updated muppet show outline

    That was a good revision.
  4. M

    Questions we may never know the answer

    Since Atlanta and Savannah both rhyme, maybe Christopher Cerf meant for the line to be Atlanta but got it wrong in either the writing or singing and nobody caught it untill after it was recorded. Or maybe Christopher Cerf or somebody else saw some source that made the mistake and thought it was...
  5. M

    Sketches and Songs on Sesame Street videos

    I forgot to mention Imagine That!
  6. M

    Do the Academy Awards need a new category?

    Whoa... I feel a bit hurt by this comment. Looking at that list, the only comedy I've seen in babe, and the others don't sound very interesting to me. Though I haven't seen them, I have a feeling that those comedies are too serious, even for comedies.
  7. M

    New Jim Henson biography coming soon!

    I'll be happy as long as it gives some information on at least one of the following: *Little Muppet Monsters *Follow That Bird *Christmas Eve on Sesame Street *The playhouse videos from 1985 *The Play-Along Videos
  8. M

    Behind the Scenes of "The Muppet Movie"

    It was mentioned in the Muppet Central review of the recent DVD release of Emmet Otter's Jugband Christmas. I don't know if it was broadcast in any non-US countries before 1980.
  9. M

    Harvey Kneeslapper's Punishment

    That depends..... wouldn't being hit with a hammer hurt worse than a belt?
  10. M

    Do the Academy Awards need a new category?

    We should add to that list Jerry Nelson, Charles Fleschier (for his role as Roger Rabbit), Chill Wills (the voice of Frances the talking Mule), Caroll Spinney (for Follow That Bird), and June Foray (though I can't think of any movie roles that she'd be good enough to be nominated for, with the...
  11. M

    Do the Academy Awards need a new category?

    Out of curiosity, are you a funny and/ or cute blonde canadian comedienne and/ or actress?
  12. M

    How long did it take Caroll Spinney to learn to skate as Big Bird

    We're talking about roller skating, not ice skating.
  13. M

    Do the Academy Awards need a new category?

    Back when The Empire Strikes Back was released, George Lucas wanted Frank Oz to be nominated for Best Supporting Actor for his role as Yoda, but the academy didn't consider puppeteering to be acting. If there was a Best Voiceover category, then he could have been nominated. I would have...
  14. M

    Do the Academy Awards need a new category?

    If there was a Best Comedy category, then it could be nominated for best comedy. Otherwise, it could have had nominatiosn for best picture, Best Actor, Best Writer, Best Makeup, Best Director, and so on.
  15. M

    Do the Academy Awards need a new category?

    Who else thinks that the academy awards needs a new category? Here are some categories I think they should have: -Best Comedy -Best Movie with a Gimmick -Best Voice Actor (includes puppeteers as well) In addition, I think that the category for Best Animated Picture should have...
  16. M

    Harvey Kneeslapper's Punishment

    Part 3 (Harvey Kneeslapper is still sitting in the corner when his mother and father enter the room) Harvey Kneeslapper's Father: (holding a big hammer) Harvey Kneeslapper! Harvey Kneeslapper: Yes, Pop? Harvey Kneeslapper's Father: Put down those books! Harvey Kneeslapper: Oh, finally...
  17. M

    Harvey Kneeslapper's Punishment

    Chapter 2 (Harvey Kneeslapper is sitting in a corner, wearing a pointy hat labled "Dunc" and having his arms spread out, balancing three books per hand) Harvey Kneeslapper's Mother: Now, you just sit there for three hours, ya understand me? Harvey Kneeslapper: Yes, mother. Harvey...
  18. M

    ITV's Best Muppet Moments on March 11

    I hope that this special get's either an american broadcast or DVD release. Or maybe it will be included as a special feature on a Muppet Show season set (assuming that Disney owns the rights to this special, but even if Disney doesn't, Disney could try to negotiate with the owners of the...
  19. M

    Harvey Kneeslapper's Punishment

    Part 1 (Harvey Kneeslapper walks up to a green man) Harvey Kneeslapper: Hey, do you have a spare L on ya? Green man: No. Harvey Kneeslapper: Well, I do! (holds up L) Do you want this L? Green Man: No, I'd rather you get the L out of here. Harvey Kneeslapper: Well, you can't always get...
  20. M

    Harvey Kneeslapper's Punishment

    Okay, I am going to write a three-part harvey Kneeslapper sketch soon. Enjoy.
Top