Search results

  1. M

    Marvin Suggs in Muppets from Space

    He was in The Muppets Take Manhattan, The Muppets: A Celebration of Thirty Years, and A Muppet Family Christmas, as well as some episodes of The Muppet Show that were made after The Muppet Movie.
  2. M

    Updated Put Down The Duckie

    Here is a list of celebrities who I would put in an update of the song: Weird Al Yankovic (perhaps singing parody lyrics) Adam Sandler Jim Carrey Allyson Hannigan Kelly Clarkson Wayne Brady Larry the Cable Guy ("You gotta put down the duckie, you've just gotta Git-IR-Done!")...
  3. M

    Warren Wolf

    Well, Jim Henson still performed Warren Wolf, so it would be weird if Kermit was busy being in GMC while Jim Henson was able to perform on SS.
  4. M

    ?'s about Do De Rubba Duck.

    Dave Goelz did not perform on Sesame Street back then. The only time that he did perform was in the 24th season. I wonder if Frank Oz actually performed in that skit. He was directing movies around that time and wasn't available as much as he had been, and I doubt that the producers would...
  5. M

    The Great Muppet Caper

    Actually, Abbot and Costello normally played characters with different names, even in movies where their names are in the title. For example, in Abbot and Costello, Bud Abbot played a character named Slim while Lou Costello played a character named Tubby. I think there were a few exceptions, though.
  6. M

    My Version of Behind the Scenes of "The Muppet Movie"

    Actually, Beaker's legs weren't shown in The Mppet Movie. He was standing behind the rainbow (I guess there must have been a stand or something attached to the behind of the rainbow).
  7. M

    Ballroom song.

    I don't think Joe Raposo wrote the opening Swedish Chef music. At the Dance premiered in The Muppet Show: Sex and Violence, where Joe Raposo wrote all of the music, but the Swedish Chef theme didn't. The music in the At the Dance sketches was called At the Dance. That's how it is listed in...
  8. M

    regular characters didn't sing much in first season

    I wonder if any of the early anything muppet songs would have been too hard to write for any of the regular characters? I imagine that Five People in My Family wouldn't have worked for any of the regular characters, at least not in the first season. I mean, what would be done, suddenly introduce...
  9. M

    has John Henson ever performed any other characters?

    I wodner if John Henson has ever considered performing other characters. After all, it's not like Sweetums is needed for every production, so other characters wouldn't get in the way of Sweetums making appearances. Sweetums isn't as major or well-known as Big Bird or Bear, after all. Then again...
  10. M

    Old School Sesame coming to DVD October 2006

    I would like to talk more about this idea. For this, there could be one episode from eahc of the first five seasons, maybe they can be randomly chosen, maybe they can have some significance (I just hope that the first episode is included). Then, there could be an hour-long compilation of just...
  11. M

    has John Henson ever performed any other characters?

    I have been wondering... has John Henson ever performed any other Muppets besides Sweetums?
  12. M

    Old School Sesame coming to DVD October 2006

    One idea that would be good would be to have one episode from each of the first five seasons, and then a newly-created hour compilation of skits from the first five years.
  13. M

    regular characters didn't sing much in first season

    I just think it's a bit odd, not a big deal. I mentioned stuff that I knew about the first Sesame Street album, where most of the main Muppets only got one big solo song. At Muppet Wiki there are pages for various Sesame Street episodes, and all first season episodes listed had clips listed, and...
  14. M

    regular characters didn't sing much in first season

    During the early years it seems like the Muppets and Humans (and even the animated segments) were treated equally, both on the show and in merchandise. Bob, Susan, and David all had their own albums during the early years, before any of the Muppets starred in their own albums. The Muppets, like...
  15. M

    regular characters didn't sing much in first season

    Whenever I see a track listing for the first Sesame Street album, it makes me think about how most of the main Muppets didn't sing much in the first season. For the first album, Kermit only get's one song, Big Bird, Oscar, and Ernie only get one solo song each, and Bert only get's one song...
  16. M

    Old School Sesame coming to DVD October 2006

    If this is actually the first five episodes, then since the first season episodes were sponsored by three letters and two number,s htne, assuming that no letters or numbers were repeated in the first week, the set would have skits for 15 different letters and 10 different numbers. I hope that...
  17. M

    Muppeteers' first credited performances

    Do you mean besides Bear? Well, he performed Mother Chairbird, the leader of the feathered friends in Sesame Street Presents: Follow That Bird, and he performed Mr. Snuffleupagus' mother. Outside of The Jim Henson Company, he performed Magellian on Eureeka's Castle and Leon on Puzzle Place.
  18. M

    Old School Sesame coming to DVD October 2006

    By the way, if esame Workshop decides to make more Nostalgia box sets, I wonder if SW will continue by having volume two be episodes 6-10, then have volume 3 be episodes 11-15, and so on, or if more volumes would be themed differently, such as including multi-part episodes in a set (perhaps the...
  19. M

    Old School Sesame coming to DVD October 2006

    There haven't been any confirmed announcements regarding whetehr there will be special features. However, in one of the posts about this set, somebody mentioned hearing from somebody who works on the show who confirmed that the set will have the first five episodes.
  20. M

    Old School Sesame coming to DVD October 2006

    That is awesome! We'll finally know what was on episodes 2-5. Sweet! Though it is a shame that we won't be seeing Roosevelt Franklin, Herbert Birdsfoot, or Mr. Snuffleupagus when he was imaginary.
Top