Search results

  1. M

    Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 37

    Sleeping Beauty sounded to me like she was being performed by Leslie Carara. The story also featured a character named Prince Cha-cha-charming. I think he was performed by Joey Mazzarino. The Trash Gordon segmnet took place on the planet Meatball, where Trash Gordon was surrounded by a large...
  2. M

    Quick Question...

    Sounds to me like you are talking about Little Muppet Monsters, which ran on CBS for two epsiodes in 1985 (18 episodes were produced, but Jim Henson himself decided that the show wasn't very well-thought out, and CBS agreed to not produce any more episodes). This show starred three monsters who...
  3. M

    The Weird Al Show on DVD this tuesday

    I don't think any of the album titles have been announced yet (and I don't think they were even announced untill his last album was released), but the official Weird Al Yankovic website mentions some of the artists whose songs get parodied. And his next album will be a duel-layer DVD, with some...
  4. M

    Old School Sesame coming to DVD October 2006

    I have a feeling that it has been decided on. Back in November, somebody had gotten an e-mail from Sesame Workshop stating that a set was being considered, but due to legal clearances it would take awhile to be released, with 2007 being the earliest to expect it, then it was announced to be...
  5. M

    Marvin Suggs in Muppets from Space

    Hmm, let's see.... Marvin Suggs in a scene where he can easily be missed... what scene do you think it is? ;) Seriously, he's at the wedding.
  6. M

    The Weird Al Show on DVD this tuesday

    Some of my favorite moments from The Weird Al Show include.... *Weird Al recalling his first-ever audition, for The Flinstones. *Randy Savage wrestling Harvey the Wonder Hamster. *Weird Al promising to a clip of a Taj Mowry movie (and showing his Jurassic park music video isntead)...
  7. M

    Better Episode For The Best of TMS Collection

    Here's what I would do: Zero Mostel instead of Elton John in Volume 1 Hal Lindon instead of Paul Simon in Volume 2 Kaye Ballard instead of Dudley Moore in volume 4 Twiggy (or Alan Arkin) instead of Marty Feldman in volume 5 Phyllis George instead of Pearl Bailey in volume 7 I'll...
  8. M

    Judging The Episodes

    So, Dil, are you ready to move on to the next episode?
  9. M

    The Weird Al Show on DVD this tuesday

    The same thing happened to my local Sam Goody for a year. It closed a few years ago, and then one year later it came back.
  10. M

    The Weird Al Show on DVD this tuesday

    Oh, yeah, I thought I read somewhere that some CBS stations aired the show outside of the regular Saturday Morning Schedule, often including weekday afternoons. One of the reasons that this show didn't get good enough ratings was because CBS did not air advertisements for the show outside of...
  11. M

    The Weird Al Show on DVD this tuesday

    I would also like to point out to those who care that Weird Al Yankovic's next album, Straight Outta Lynnwood, will be released this September.
  12. M

    The Weird Al Show on DVD this tuesday

    Are you referring to the interviews that Weird Al Yankovic did on his AL-TV and Al Music specials? Man, I wish that whoever it was up to would take care of the legal clearances required to release those on DVD, even if it's just a compilation of the best sketches from those specials. There was...
  13. M

    Old School Sesame coming to DVD October 2006

    Three or four nights ago, I had a dream that a preview for this set was shown, on TV or a DVD. The preview featured clips that obviously weren't from the first season. Some of the clips included a shot of Big Bird and some kids on the street, an Oscar the Grouch clip (he was green here), a clip...
  14. M

    The Weird Al Show on DVD this tuesday

    Well, The Weird Al Show, Weird Al Yankovic's short-lived 1997 series, will be released on DVD this tuesday, August 15. Who else is excited? I remember watching the show when it first aired, though I never tapped it. I liked the show. There are quite a few episodes that I missed that sound...
  15. M

    Bert, Grover, and Jim Henson's characters

    Has anybody ever noticed that although Jim Henson and Frank Oz worked very well together, Bert has rarely appeared with any Jim Henson characters besides Ernie, and Grover rarely appeared with any Jim Henson character besides Kermit? This is a bit weird. Some of Kermit and Grover's...
  16. M

    Will there be a Jim Henson Hour DVD?

    I don't really know. All I know is that it was only on TV for one season. I don't know if it was cancled or if the shows producers chose not to make more episodes.
  17. M

    Old School Sesame coming to DVD October 2006

    If this set features the first five season premiers, then it would mean that Herbert Birdsfoot, Sam the Robot, and Rodeo Rosie will have made their DVD debuts, and Roosevelt Franklin and Sherlock Hemlock would have their speaking-parts-on-DVD debut. Of course, if it is first five season...
  18. M

    ?'s about Do De Rubba Duck.

    I wish that Sully was used instead. Or Sherlock Hemlock. Or Simon Soundman.
  19. M

    My Version of Behind the Scenes of "The Muppet Movie"

    I think Rowlf standing (or sitting) behind the seats might either be a case of him acting like a dog (sitting on the floor) or him not being able to find an extra seat (though he could have sat in the seat that Kermit eventually sat in, or he could have sat in the chair that Doglion took). I...
  20. M

    Old School Sesame coming to DVD October 2006

    Sesame Workshop (or Sony Wonder) should get organized and put out a press release about the set. Or perhaps release some cover art or reveal whether there will be any special features. Oh, and make a confirmation about whether the set is the first five years or first five episodes (somebody says...
Top