Search results

  1. M

    Why didn't Jim Henson direct The Muppet Movie?

    Does anybody ever wonder why Jim Henson didn't direct The Muppet Movie? I thought that Jim Henson would have wanted to be a film director, yet for the Muppets big-screen debut, James Frawlry, who as far as I know had no previous experience with The Muppets, directed it. One of the muppet...
  2. M

    Backstage Moments

    Some of my favorites include..... *Fozzie practicing to be a telephone pole. *Kermit firing Miss Piggy. *Fozzie telling Kermit that Gonzo has perfected half of his motorcycle jump (the take-off half.. the landing still needs work). *Gonzo and Madeline Kahn singing The Wishing Song...
  3. M

    Sesame Street DVD set on Deep Discount

    Eh, a few weeks ago I started to notice that most official sources for the release of this set came from info provided by e-mail from Sesame Workshop, rather than official press releases.
  4. M

    Harvey Kneeslapper: Fortune Teller

    (Harvey Kneeslapper is sitting behind a table, with a purple table cloth and a crystal ball on top. He is alsowearing his regular clothes in addition to a green cape and red turban) Harvey Kneeslapper: I am the great and wise(starts giggling hard), I am the great (starts laughing again), I...
  5. M

    Sesame Street DVD set on Deep Discount

    That's reassuring that this set will come out.
  6. M

    News Flash: Rapunzel (1971)

    It seems like Frank Oz was assigned female roles alot, even though Jerry Nelson could do more different female voices.
  7. M

    Jim Henson on the 1990 Mickey Mouse Club

    I read this article a long time ago. One thing I found intersting: the writer says that he attended Muppetfest, and he talked about his experience meeting Henson on the show with some of the performers there, who apparantly remembered it, but it seems like he didn't tell anybody at Muppetfest...
  8. M

    who's that muppet in 30th anniversary logo?

    I think that character looks like Gonzo, but5 Gonzo is at another area of the logo. None of the other characters were drawn twice on there. I wonder if that character is from Little Muppet Monsters. After all, some of the main characters from that show were in the logo (though it is hard to see...
  9. M

    What's Your Opinion of "Learning About Letters"

    Learning About Letters is my favorite Sesame Street video about the alphabet. Though it was made in 1986, none of the segments are from the 1980s. Most are either from 1969 or the early 1970s. And it features almost every main Muppet character from 1986, with the exceptions of The Count and...
  10. M

    News Flash: Rapunzel (1971)

    Jerry Nelson performed Rupunzel. The Announcer appeared off-screen, so it's not like he was busy performing another character.
  11. M

    Working with Frank Oz.

    I can't really tell the difference between good and bad puppetry much (unless the bad puppetry is intentional), but I wonder how Spinney was able to be so good as Oscar. Of course, during the first season whenever Oscar was in his trash can Spinney had to perform Oscar with his left hand instead...
Top