Search results

  1. M

    News Flash: Rapunzel (1971)

    I was looking at the Muppet Wiki page for Sesame Street: Old School, Volume 1, and according to that page, this skit is listed as a season four bonus skit. So this sketch is from 1972, and not 1971. Either this wasn't the first news flash segment, or the news segments didn't appear on the show...
  2. M

    Old School Sesame coming to DVD October 2006

    One thing that's interesting is that the set will have almost every well-known A-list/ B-list song from the first five seasons. I hope that Sesame Workshop isn't worried that the set won't sell. But if volume two only focuses on the first four years, I wonder what skits will be mentioned in the...
  3. M

    Rubber Duckie: first year of broadcast

    Well, I've read that Rubber Duckie will be included in the Old School set as a season one bonus sketch. We'll have to wait three days and see if it's the original version or the famous remake. Unless, of course, the review comes up.....
  4. M

    Ernie and Lefty...

    There are a lot of early sketches where Frank Oz performed multiple characters in the same scene. Examples include Kermit's lecture on big and little (where Oz performs three monsters who all appear in the same shot), Pick Your Pet (where Oz performs four roles), I Whistle a Happy Tune (where he...
  5. M

    Old School Sesame coming to DVD October 2006

    I was just looking at the Old School page at Muppet Wiki, and all bonus clips were listed. I am not sure if the person who contributed to that page got an early copy, if that contributor is the person here who got an early copy, or if that person found out some other way. And there are not nine...
  6. M

    Songs that should have been covered on Sesame Street

    Another song that could have been covered is Eight Day Week. It could have been performed by Little Jerry and the Monotones, or perhaps some generic Anything Muppet rock band, and in the middle of the song, Kermit or Bert or soem other straight man character could have come out and pointed out...
  7. M

    Did Noggin show many episodes with the most famous songs?

    That is a good point. There are a lot of songs that are classic (or we associate as classic), but part of that is because Sesame Workshop chose to include them on a lot of albums (especially ones that focus on the shows, or various characters, greatest hits). And Sesame Workshop chose to include...
  8. M

    kermits NEWS FLASH

    It wasn't specifically said that the birds parents were divorced. The bird just talked about how her parents did not lvie together, but never mentioned why. Also, regardless of who owns what, Kermit hasn't made too many new appearances on Sesame Street since the death of Jim Henson, even...
  9. M

    The Muppet Show script-Harry Secombe

    This was good.
  10. M

    Proffessor Hastings fear lecture

    What is that supposed to mean? I can't tell if it's meant as a compliment or as sarcasm (perhaps thinking that I either can't wait untill Halloween to write a fan fic like this or that I can't wait untill the Old School DVD set coems out to see if a Proffessor Hastings sketch is included, but...
  11. M

    Old School Sesame coming to DVD October 2006

    I initially decided to put it on my christmas list, but in the last fews days I have felt tempted to just give i and buy it on the day it comes out. I am still trying to decide. I'm sure that I will make the right decision.
  12. M

    Lack of charachters in the early 1980's

    Now that I think of it, Jim Henson did perform ins treet plots for more than just season premiers. I've read that Henson performed Oscar in a few season one episodes. Oscar was usually in the street plots, so Henson must have performed him there. Caroll Spinney was sick at the time, so if Henson...
  13. M

    Did Noggin show many episodes with the most famous songs?

    I guess it would make sense to focus on the msot famous, memorable, and/ or historically significant plots. 19 out of 20 season premiers were included, as were such classics as Mr. Hooper's death, the trip to hawiai, Big Bird going to camp, Miles' adoption, and Maria and Luis' wedding. I guess...
  14. M

    Noggin cuts on Episode 1

    I also think it's weird that 123 Sesame Street is edited even though it was included on the Songs from the Street set, but I wonder if music rights for audio releases are the same or different as music rights for video releases. I am most dissapointed about 123 Sesame Street being cut, but the...
  15. M

    Noggin cuts on Episode 1

    Just because that sketch is presented unedited doesn't mean that the whole episode is. Consider Yourself could be edited, since that song wasn't written for Sesame Street. Another song that wasn't written for Sesame Street, I Whistle a Happy Tune, was performed in the secodn season premier. That...
  16. M

    Old School Sesame coming to DVD October 2006

    I think the Muppet Central review is almost ready. There is a thread in the Classic Sesame Street folder asking for people with a copy of Noggin's version of the first episode to post what was cut from there, so that a comparrision can be made.
  17. M

    Proffessor Hastings fear lecture

    (Proffessor Hastings is standing behind a brick wall, with a dark forrest background) Proffessor Hastings: Good evening. I am Proffessor Hastings. Today, I am here to talk to you about "fear". Fear is something you get when you start to become afraid. That's right, uh, yeah. Fear is, uh...
  18. M

    Disney Songs on TMS

    You are missing "Never Smile at a Crocodile".
  19. M

    Muppet SNL Land of Gorch Skits coming to DVD

    I think that The Jim Henson Company owns the rights to the Gortch Muppets, while NBC owns the rights to the skits.
  20. M

    Noticeable Changes to the set over the years

    What is the difference between the original Fix-It Shop and the new one that was rebuilt in 1979?
Top