Search results

  1. M

    The Muppet Movie - Director's Cut (Almost)

    I believe I've read that The Muppet Movie was released in theaters in the UK with the scenes on the original UK video release. I don't know why the UK would have had more scenes than the US (maybe so that the movie could, like The Muppet Show, have it's own "UK Spots"?).
  2. M

    Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Old School DVD

    I just realised.... if volume 2 is more of the first five years, we would have a 660-8 chance of getting episodes that were not shown on Noggin. There were 665 episodes from the first five seasons, and 13 episodes from the first five seasons shown on Noggin. Five episodes from both category were...
  3. M

    Miss Piggy and other female Muppets

    On The Muppet Show, Miss Piggy was the most major female character, and all of the other female Muppets were supporting characters at best. Do you think that this might have been a deliberate choice? Do you think that, once Miss Piggy became very popular, that the writers and/ or producers...
  4. M

    new original album ideas

    What are your ideas for some new, original Muppet albums? By original, I mena albums where all tracks are recorded especially for the albums, and not a mere soundtrack or compilation. Similar to Muppet Beach Party and A Green and Red Christmas. Here are some ideas that I've had: (Warning: If...
  5. M

    The Geefle and The Gonk

    I think this sketch has been available on You Tube. I'm not sure if it's still there or not. I believe that the Muppet Wiki page for The Geefle and The Gonk has the You Tube link.
  6. M

    Sketches and Songs on Sesame Street videos

    I don't think Learn to Share is very good. I like the skits in it, but there aren't very many. The video should have had the original version of Share with Ernie and Cookie Monster, the Sesame Street News sketch where Kermit and Telly interview each other about co-operation, Co-operation...
  7. M

    Edits on "Big Bird's Story Time"

    In addition to the logo sequence, the ending of the Rupunzel skit is cut. On the video it ends with the prince telling Kermit that he's lost his horse (I can't remember if it shows the few seconds after that where he's saying "horsey!"). Cut from this sequence is the Sesame Street News music...
  8. M

    Your Thoughts: New Green and Red Christmas CD

    Does the album booklet even have lyrics printed? Kermit Unpigged didn't, and the last few Muppet CDs (TMS 25th Anniversary, The Best of The Muppets)didn't, either.
  9. M

    Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Old School DVD

    It is Paul Benedict, who played the british neighbor on The Jeffersons.
  10. M

    Lips

    Although Lips hasn't been used since The Muppet Christmas Carol in 1992, I am thankful that he hasn't been reused as an entirely new character. A lot of minor characters have been reused as new characetrs for Mopatops Shop, Puppet Up, From the Balcony, and other productions. I want him back as a...
  11. M

    The Next Autobiography

    If Jerry Nelson writes an autobiography, I hope that he writes enough information about his career as a performer, and talks about most of his regular characters. I think a Jerry Nelson autobiography might be a harder sell, sinc ehe doesn't really perform very many characters besides The Count...
  12. M

    Your Thoughts: New Green and Red Christmas CD

    I forgot about those two numbers that I forgot to mention (though I think Janice is hardly noticable in Sam's Song). Yeah, I do consider Rockin' Robin to be sung by Janice with the band accompanying her. And hey, that's one of the few songs Janice sang in where Floyd didn't even get any vocals...
  13. M

    What year did it all change for the worst?

    Sesame Workshop can distribute whatever it owns with Kermit however it wants (I think). SW has permission from Disney. SW just chooses not to show very much Kermit in new episodes. And there haven't been very many new Kermit sketches on Sesame Street since Jim Henson's death in 1990. Even...
  14. M

    Lips

    Lips is one of my favorites, and I really hope he comes back in a new production soon. I havealways liked Lips, and I have especially wanted him to come back since the Muppet Central interview with Steve Whitmire. When the action figure line was announced, I really hoped that Lips would be made...
  15. M

    Walmart exclusive DVDs (were we aware of these?)

    They are full 60 minute DVD releases of epsiodes that were shown on TV a few years ago. The DVDs promote them as 60 minutes, and if you've seen the epsiodes, you probably know what's on them. I think Muppet Wiki lists most of the sketches for these episodes. I don't know if any segments are cut...
  16. M

    Your Thoughts: New Green and Red Christmas CD

    It is sad that Janice didn't sing more often. During the first season, she usually only sang back-up, and I think she sang a solo line in the Caberet number in the Joel Grey number. I think that Eren Ozker wasn't very comfortable with her singing (though she often sang as Wanda, who was supposed...
  17. M

    how do inserts get stored?

    So are you saying that they are all stored on the master tapes of the episodes and not on individual tapes, like how a commercial might be stored? I wonder if the various sketches actually have titles. I can think up titles for many skits, but some sketches seem too hard for me to think of a...
  18. M

    Sam, Harry, and Yorick on 30 years Special

    I also first knew about Little Muppet Monsters (and Sam and Friends, and The Ed Sullivan Show, and The Jimmy Dean Show, and The Jack Paar Show, and The Cher Show, and Wilkins Coffee, and La Choy Chow Mein) thanks to this special. A few months after seeing this special, I got a book, The Story of...
  19. M

    Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Old School DVD

    These were mostly unedited Noggin episodes. Yes, there are two episodes known to be edited, but the edits that we do know of were shown on Noggin. If volume two focuses on the same time period, then I hope it includes episodes that were not shown on Noggin, such as the second episode (or another...
  20. M

    Your Thoughts: New Green and Red Christmas CD

    Mike Quinn, Karen Prell, Jerry Nelson, and Louise Gold were credited. Could these have been different people who just happened to ahev the same names as various Muppet performers... nah...:smirk:
Top