Search results

  1. M

    top 40 skits wanted for Old School Volume 2

    It's been a few years since I last watched the A&E biography special, but from what I remember about the clip, Kermit wore two collars, and he only wore one collar in the first season, began wearing two collars shortly afterwards (did he ever wear it in 1970?), and then went back to one collar...
  2. M

    Lips

    Yes, he was in that scene. And then he isn't seen again untill after Miss Piggy rides her motorcycle through the window.
  3. M

    Kermit's Frog Form inspiration

    It's ironic that Kermit was called a frog in The Muppets on Puppets and Hey Cinderella. Both productions were made in 1968 and both were first broadcast in 1970.
  4. M

    Happy 38th Birthday Sesame Street

    38 years ago today, Sesame Street premiered on television. Have any of you done anything to celebrate? I celebrated by watching the first episode. That is a good way to celebrate. You could also celebrate by listening to Songs from the Street or reading Sesame Street Unpaved (assuming that...
  5. M

    top 40 skits wanted for Old School Volume 2

    I don't think that the sketch with Kermit and Bob discussing frogs is from the first season. In the clip I've seen, Kermit had two collars, and he didn't have two collars in the first season. Unless, of course, there are more than one skit with Kermit and Bob discussing frogs. Anyway, I...
  6. M

    new original album ideas

    No, there were probably copyright issues, and the album producers probably took care of them. Heck, A Green and Red Christmas features songs owned by other companies. I was merely starting a thread on what kinds of Muppet albums we'd like to see, and what songs we'd like to see covered by the...
  7. M

    top 40 skits wanted for Old School Volume 2

    Okay, Sesame Street: Old School Volume 1 has been released for two and a half weeks. Many of us have bought it. Now, I thought it might be great to make a thread for the top 40 skits we want the most. But I have also been thinking something else. I remember that, back when The Muppet Show...
  8. M

    Your Thoughts: Kevin Clash Biography

    I noticed in one part of the book, Kevin said that it's easier to work around the schedules of full-time performers, but part-time performers are more difficult, because they are busy working on other shows. I wonder if Jim Henson, Frank Oz, Jerry Nelson, or Richard Hunt (or even Fran Brill)...
  9. M

    ever play an instrument because of a Muppet?

    Wouldn't it be intersting if, someday, a famous musician either wrote an autobiographyor was interviewed, and said "My main reason for learning to play the keyboards is because of Dr. Teeth from the Muppets"? Or if someone said in an autobiography, "I chose to play the trumpet because of a...
  10. M

    'Everyone Like Ice Cream'

    I don't know if anybody here has an uncut copy of the song. There are many episodes and segments that very few, if any, of us here even have copies of.
  11. M

    new original album ideas

    What do you mean? Shortly after the release of Muppet Beach Party, the Vincent Price and Alice Cooper episodes were released on video, but that was it, and both of those episodes were edited on video. After that, there weren't any new video releases of The Muppet Show for 6 years, when Time-Life...
  12. M

    Sherlock Hemlock get's a clue

    That sounds a bit like my script for my fan fic where Harvey got punished.
  13. M

    Long vs. short closing theme

    We now know that the first and third season closings showed the action of the last scene continuing during the credits, with no specific closing sequence. And the second season closing was a shot of a painting that looked like a child made it. Did they eventually start showing the credits on...
  14. M

    "Muppet Babies" closing theme

    I just watched the clip provided, and I don't ever remember the closing theme being like that, though I've seen most of the first season episodes. And I don't think I got a clear answer the first time, so I'll ask again: was the closing theme music replaced on Nickelodeon? Was it later replaced...
  15. M

    ever play an instrument because of a Muppet?

    Have any of you ever learned to play certain instruments because your favorite Muppets played them? Ever consider piano lessons because Rowlf played the piano, or drum lessons because of Animal, or ever consider playing the saxaphone because Zoot, Hoots the Owl, and Flash played the sax? A...
  16. M

    Lips

    I wonder if Jim Henson had ever considered making Lips become a major character. In Steve Whitmire's Muppet Central interview, he says that he wanted Lips to have a Louis Armstrong-typ voice, but was worried about offending african americans. I have seen two interviews with Dave Goelz where he...
  17. M

    new original album ideas

    Do you mean with music rights? I don't think Muppet Beach Party or Kermit Unpigged had any original songs, and most of those songs were released by companies that didn't release it.
  18. M

    The Mutations in the 'Oklahoma' Number

    What's wrong with the Mutations appearing without the guest stars? It was rare for full-body characters to appear in scenes without the guest stars, and I wish there were more appearances by the full-body characters without guests. I don't know if you've ever seen the two It's the Muppets...
  19. M

    Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Old School DVD

    No. Spinney performed Lefty in at least two first season sketches, one where he holds a sign with the letter P while Ernie holds an R sign, and the sketch where Lefty attempted to sell Ernie a U. I don't know if Spinney ever performed Lefty any other times.
  20. M

    Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Old School DVD

    Actually, he first appeared in season 6. Season 5 is included here (the booklet mistakenly says that Matt Robinson left the show in 1971 and that Hal Miller left in 1974). That would be one good thing about the next set focusing on the next five years (if it happens), being that the more...
Top