Search results

  1. M

    your 2006 henson dvd predictions

    At this point, I think it's safe to assume that there won't be any unannounced DVD releases comming out this year that we didn't already know about. @!#%$## I am surprised by a few things. For example, I predicted that we'd have four DVD releases of previously-released SS videos, and this...
  2. M

    Jim Henson Hour question

    I have a question about The Jim Henson Hour. Were all MuppeTelevision segments and specials ever originally meant to be seen seperately outside of the show? I know that all of The StoryTeller segments were produced before the series began, so that answers that question, but all full-hour...
  3. M

    characters who have appeared in full-body shots

    Oscars full-body has been seen in full-body form. I remember seeing an epsidoe where, at one point, Oscar is either shot out of his trash can, or he jumps out, or something happens to send him out of his trash can, and his legs were shown. And there was a season 30 episode where Miles worked on...
  4. M

    were these characters originally named?

    There are a lot of characters whose names were not mentioned untill after they had been used for awhile, and many names were only used once. I wonder if they originally had their on-screen names (in design sketches, scripts, and so on), or if they originally had different names that were then...
  5. M

    big v and gorgon heap

    Another difference between the puppets is that Gorgon Heap has arms and hands while Big V doesn't. I've seen a photo of Jane Henson putting Big V in storage, and it didn't look like he had any arms or legs to me.
  6. M

    big v and gorgon heap

    The monsters known as Big V and Gorgon Heap look very similar. I have read some things online that mention that Gorgon Heap is a rebuilt version of Big V, but I don't actually think that's true. Forone think, Big V is a dark blue or brown color, while Big V is bright purple. Also, Big V's fur is...
  7. M

    Episodes you wanted to like (but for whatever reason, didn't)

    I don't think that episode would be considered long lost. Pretty much every episode is just as frequently shown as each other. Currently, TMS reruns are not shown in america, but they are shown in other countries. I don't think this episode is banned or anything. What's been released on DVD is...
  8. M

    The Muppets at Walt Disney World

    I thought that Clifford did enter the theme park. As for Lips, although I am a big fan of him, I do think it's odd for him to suddenly appear with the band during a performance, and not be seen again. Why couldn't he have been traveling with the band instead? Clifford wasn't really well-known at...
  9. M

    Sketches and Songs on Sesame Street videos

    Here are what Sesame Street videos/ DVDs I recommend if you want to see some segments from the 1980s or earlier. I will also put the number of sketches that are included on the Old School set beside the titles. Learning About Letters -2 Learning About Numbers -4 Getting Ready to Read -2...
  10. M

    Sketches and Songs on Sesame Street videos

    Kermit only appears twice in What's the Name of That Song?
  11. M

    Sketches and Songs on Sesame Street videos

    Was Sam the Robot still voiced by Jerry Nelson, or somebody else? It's too bad that there (probably) weren't any clips from A Special Sesame Street Christmas. That rarity could have finally had some scenes available on home video. I think it's weird that clips from past specials were...
  12. M

    Under-used guest stars

    Yeah, on Muppets Tonight the guests were over-used more often.
  13. M

    So if they actually aired the Muppet Show...

    Many TV shows are shortened when shown in syndicated reruns (yes, The Muppet Show was produced for syndication). Even the original american broadcasts were abridged (two extra minutes were produced for UK broadcasts). Howevewr, it seems like while most TV shows always have the same edits when...
  14. M

    Episodes you wanted to like (but for whatever reason, didn't)

    Actually, John Cleese did like being on the show. In fact, he was so excited about being a guest star that he wanted to help with the writing, and I believe that his excitement over being the guest is what made the writers come up with the idea of him desperately not wanting to be on the show...
  15. M

    Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Old School DVD

    It seems a bit hard to tell. The 1969-1974 part is written before the volume 1 part, instead of after. It could have said Old School Volume 1: 1969-1974, instead. Of course, it also could have said Volume 1: The First Five Premiers, to give us an idea of whether the next set will be more...
  16. M

    "Muppet Babies" closing theme

    What do you mean by that? I know that the "go bye-bye" sequences shown after the credits were shown. Are you referring to something else? I also know that the opening was shortened in most episodes, though I recall seeing a few episodes with the longer opening on a few Nickelodeon broadcasts...
  17. M

    So if they actually aired the Muppet Show...

    Yes, they can be shown on TV without having to cut any of the music numbers.
  18. M

    top 40 skits wanted for Old School Volume 2

    Good list. Now let's see what has been voted on more than once: 1. Sherlock Hemlock and the Twiddlebug Mystery (the only one that all three of us who have voted on) 2. What's My Part?: Foot 3. Baker #9 4. Professor Hastings body parts lecture 5. The Count and Cookie Monster cooperate...
  19. M

    top 40 skits wanted for Old School Volume 2

    I would like to make a suggestion for whoever wants to compile what 40 skits end up being the most requested here and wants to send the list to Sesame Workshop. If somebody does, and that person owns a copy of the first Old School, it would be a good idea to say that you have a copy, and say...
  20. M

    top 40 skits wanted for Old School Volume 2

    Since Grover confirmed that we were talking about the same Twiddlebug mystery skit, then I'll update the list of sketches that the most people have requested: 1. Baker #9 (I listed this as Let's Sing a Song of Nine) 2. Professor Hastings body parts lecture 3. Kermit and Bob discuss frogs...
Top