Search results

  1. M

    Were these behind-the-scenes clips in Henson's Place?

    In the A&E Biography special on Sesame Street, there are two behind-the-scenes clips for segments from the 1980s. One is from the sketch where Ernie dresses up a snowman using Bert's hat and scarf, and ht eother is from the skit where Grover works at a mexican resturaunt. Since those two skits...
  2. M

    TMS Season 2 coming August 7, 2007

    It's just a shame that Jerry Juhl never provided audio commentary on any Muppet DVDs. I don't know if he would have wanted to give commentary, though. It's a shame that he didn't accompany Brian Henson on the MCC and MTI audio commentaries. And of course it's a shame that Jim Henson died years...
  3. M

    "If I ran the Muppets" thread. Post YOUR good ideas HERE!

    Another idea is for a book featuring a guide to The Mupet Show episodes, plus other goodies. It would be similar to The Simpsons: A Complete Guide to Our Favorite Family (and it's follow-ups). Each episode would have a page or two, with plot descriptions, sketch listings, quotes, character...
  4. M

    TMS Season 2 coming August 7, 2007

    THE MORSELS BETTER APPEAR ON THE NEXT SET! But commentary on a few episodes would also be good. Dinosaurs: The Complete Seasosn 3 and 4 got commentary, even though the complete seasons 1 and 2 didn't. Maybe commentary could be provided for the episodes with Steve Martin, Rudolph Nureyev, and...
  5. M

    Roosevelt Franklin's Voice

    It's been speculated (I don't know if there are any official sources for this information) that Matt Robinson stopped playing Gordon to focus on a producing career, but he still could have performed the voice of Roosevelt Franklin. Since he only performed the voice, he obviously wouldn't have...
  6. M

    Characters who should have been babies

    I don't think Sam's roles in post-Henson movies was expanded that much. His big scenes in MCC and MWoO were basically cameos, and his scenes in MFS and IAVMMCM were short cameos, similar to the cameos in GMC. Sure, they weren't major, but some of them (Floyd, Robin, maybe Lew Zealand and...
  7. M

    Roosevelt Franklin's Voice

    ctually, I think that Roosevelt's voice sounds completely different from Matt Robinsons natural voice (assuming that Robinson didn't talk in a phony voice when playing Gordon).
  8. M

    "If I ran the Muppets" thread. Post YOUR good ideas HERE!

    Another thing I would do: I would make a deal with whoever owns the distrbution rights to the 1980s comic strip and release a book or two of every Muppet comic strip, in chronological order.
  9. M

    Muppet's From Space: Hidden Stars

    Some of the things I was really thankful for in the movie: *the fact that, after 15 years, the Muppets were playing theselves in a movie again. *The fact that The Electric Mayhem bus was used. *The fact that many old characters from The Muppet Show were used, along with the theatrical...
  10. M

    Bad Bart Appearances

    I wonder if the "five good men needed to capture Bad Bart" sketch was his first appearance. That one seems different from later appearances, where he turns out to not be as mean as he appears. Instead, in that appearance it seems like he really is a bad guy. I looked at the Muppet Wiki page...
  11. M

    Timestamps are wrong

    I noticed it in the thread for the possible upcomming Sesame Street figures thread. I hope that there aren't any posts that people respond to that get posted before the thread they were responding to, or else it would seem weird and confusing.
  12. M

    Bad Bart Appearances

    Considering the fact that Jim Henson performed both Bad Bart and Sinister Sam, I wonder why both characters were neccessary. I wonder which one was introduced first.
  13. M

    The Return of "Muppet What-Ifs?"

    What if The Muppet Show Live was broadcast on television?
  14. M

    TMS Season 2 coming August 7, 2007

    I'm sure that it did air on some indepednant ABC stations. As well as some independant CBS and NBC stations.;)
  15. M

    The Return of "Muppet What-Ifs?"

    Then we'd all be super happy.
  16. M

    The Return of "Muppet What-Ifs?"

    What if Kermit, Fozzie, and Miss Piggy were all guests on The Animal Show (well, I guess those episodes would rarely be seen these days)?
  17. M

    New Muppet comic Strip

    This is great news. I hope that Roger Langridge is as big a fan as we are and includes a lot of obscure characters in these comics. It would be great to eventually see comics featuring Digit, Seymour, Lips, Gaffer, Annie Sue, Zippety Zap, Thog, Doglion, both Nigel's, Droop, Uncle Deadley...
  18. M

    Old School Volume 2 coming this fall

    One great idea would be for volume 2 to include seasosn 6-10, and then volume 3 would promote seasosn 1-10, though if the number of episodes and discs don't expand, there would be at least five seasons that don't have episodes included.
  19. M

    Sesame Street classic clips on YouTube

    It's in the last page in the section on Kermit the Frog. There's a transcript to that sketch on the last page of the Kermit section, along with a secret fact. It doesn't say whether the frog pooped or pee'd on Jim Henson, but implies it. Bob is quoted with saying "This must have been the frogs...
  20. M

    TMS Season 2 coming August 7, 2007

    I thought of soemthing that would make a great bonus feature, though it might be a bit big (maybe it could be divided into two parts, or there can be an extra disc just for this). Recently somebody uploaded The Muppet Show Live on You Tube (I guess somebody recorded it while there). I don't know...
Top