Search results

  1. M

    Sketches and Songs on Sesame Street videos

    The Mail-It Shop was turned back into the Fix-It Shop again last season (with no episodes explaining or showing the change), so it was the Fix-It Shop. And the bonus feature is probably 15 minutes long. I've heard that the DVD is 60 minutes long, so if the main program is 45 minutes long, then...
  2. M

    Henson's Early Works on DVD!

    Yesterday, it was announced that the first two american DVD releases of Play with Me Sesame later this year, and today it's been announced that a DVD release of Henson's early work is being planned. At this rate I hope that we hear news of another great Henson-related DVD release (like The...
  3. M

    Henson's Early Works on DVD!

    I've never even heard of that sketch. What do you know about this sketch (by that I mean what information do you know, in case that came off as sounding like an insult)?
  4. M

    Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Season 2

    Do you mean that Craig Shermin said that he'd like to see them on future sets again, or that Craig Shermin said the DVD producer would like to see them on future sets again? If it's Craig Shermin who wants them to be included again, I don't know how promising that would be. He works for Henson...
  5. M

    Henson's Early Works on DVD!

    This would make a good three-disc set: Disc 1: all surviving episodes of Sam and Friends Wilkins Coffee, IBM, Purina Do Chow, Wilsons Meat, and La Choy Chow Mein commercials La Choy Chow mein industrial film Wilsons Meat industrial films Disc 2: "I've Grown Accustomed to Your...
  6. M

    new original album ideas

    For the broadway album idea, maybe a song or two from Hairspray could be included as well. Maybe Miss Piggy could sing I Can Hear the Bells or Mama, I'm a Big Girl Now (Floyd and others could make jokes about Miss Piggy during the song). Of course, there are a lot of broadway musicals that...
  7. M

    "Love Led Us Here" vs."The First Time It Happens"

    I have also thought of that song when thinkign about certain girls that I've been interested in. Same with Close to You and I'm Crazy for You.
  8. M

    "Love Led Us Here" vs."The First Time It Happens"

    Actually, both songs (as with pretty much every song from the Muppet movies; I've heard that Tim Curry's lines from Proffessional Pirate were sung live while the rest was pre-recorded) were pre-recorded before the scenes were filmed, so performers would have been lip-syncing to vocal tracks...
  9. M

    Changing Nature observations

    Somethign else that's interesting: while the growing plants is a problem throughotu pangea, the wax fruit company seems to have it under controll, as there are no plants seen around the factory. I don't think there were any in Mr. Richfields trailer, either.
  10. M

    Henson's Early Works on DVD!

    I hope that clips featuring Disney-owned Muppets can be included.
  11. M

    The Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson... Again

    Kermit: During the 1960s, Jim Henson tried to get us Muppets our very own show, and was a bit unsuccessful with that. (clips from Tales of the Tinkerdee, Land of Tinkerdee, The Wizard of Id, and the Cinderella pilot are shown) Kermit: But then Jim Henson reluctantly gave us Muppets our...
  12. M

    Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 38

    Yeah, I noticed that. I wondered why I hadn't remembered it. I figured that it was cut from it's release in All-Star Alphabet (the introduction is cut as well), and had thought I just forgot about it when I first saw it.
  13. M

    Henson's Early Works on DVD!

    This is awesome! I would be surprised if Timepiece wasn't included (I think The Jim Henson Company owns that production, so there shouldn't be any legal problems there). I also hope that there are some interviews with people like Jane Henson, Robert Payne, Frank Oz, Jerry Nelson, Craig...
  14. M

    The Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson... Again

    Kermit: Okay, Scooter, turn on the slideshow. Scooter: Okay, boss! Pepe: Slideshow? Kermit: Yes, the slideshow will show pictures of Jim Henson as a child. Sam the Eagle: It's starting! All: oh! (the slideshow shows several images of young Jim Henson) Fozzie Bear: Jim Henson grew...
  15. M

    Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 38

    And even if Spinney couldn't perform Big Bird, there's always Matt Vogel.
  16. M

    Changing Nature observations

    I thought I'd take the time to make some observations about the last episode of Dinosaurs, Changing Nature. It seems like the Dinosaurs characters were expecting the bunch beetles to show up, only for them to not show up at the expected time (and for Stan to be late). However, when Charlene...
  17. M

    The Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson... Again

    (Pepe appears, wearing a robe and sitting in an armchair. He is in a room filled with bookshelves and books) Pepe: Good evening, okay. I am Pepe the King Prawn. Tonight, I am going to pay tribute to the six sexiest women whom I would like to sleep with, okay.. (alarms go off and a network...
  18. M

    posters at the theater

    I have been watching The Muppet Show: Season Two a lot recently, and I've been noticing quite a few interesting posters that appear in the background. There is one poster that I've seen in some episodes, including the Julie Andrews one. It's on a wall by the stairway, and it can only be seen...
  19. M

    Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Season 2

    Okay, I don't think I've heard any official confimration of them giving up on the guides, but the first season guide was added in may 2002, and the second season guide was added in december 2003, and we haven't had any guides added since.
  20. M

    did Jim Henson ever perform a left hand?

    I realised that I made an error. I asked if Jim Henson ever performed any left hands, but I should have asked if he'd ever performed any right hands. Dang it!
Top