Search results

  1. M

    Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Season 2

    And the song lyrics were subtitled on the first season set.
  2. M

    What DVDs would you want for 2008?

    Those "Old School Best of" ideas sound great. Here is what sketches I'd like to se included: 1. Sesame Street Old School: "The Best Of Bert & Ernie" appliance war Ernie shows Bert pictures of things with four of something Ernie eats Bert's cake Bert's nose upside-down Ernie pours milk...
  3. M

    What Really Happened to the "Around the Corner" set? (literally)

    It may have been expensive, but that set had been used regularly for four years, so it's not like a very expensive set was built for one sketch and then destroyed or anything like that.
  4. M

    Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Season 2

    As essential as the 60 Minutes appearance is to the third season, I wodner if Disney would go as far as to get the rights to that show for the third season set. Disney did get the rights to the Weezer video (which I'd expect to be owned by Geffen Records, though I didn't see any special...
  5. M

    Muppets on a Plane

    A few notes about this... In my mind, the stewardess is a human, not a muppet. The ticket seller and the snakes, on the other hand, are mupets. And in case you are wondering, here are the 32 Muppets who come along on the trip (previously 33 until Crazy Harry got banned): 1. Kermit...
  6. M

    Muppets on a Plane

    Chapter 2 The plane went up into the air. "Imagine", said Floyd, "We were able to get 500 feet into the air, even with the pig on board!" "You're just lucky we're not sitting next to each other", said an angered Miss Piggy, who then calmed her mood a bit, "Because moi is next to her...
  7. M

    Muppets on a Plane

    Chapter 1 The Muppets were at the airport. "I am so excited", said Miss Piggy. "I can't believe that we're going on a plane trip just to fly into the air", said Kermit. "But this trip will be fun", said Miss Piggy. "But we're not going anywhere, okay", said Pepe. "That's...
  8. M

    Advise from former Snuffy

    To Michael Earl: When you say that Jim Henson hired you sight-unseen, do you mean that he hired you without even meeting you (and without an interview or audition), or do you mean that literally? Because I don't think it should really matter what a puppeteer looks like, since the audience...
  9. M

    The Complete History of Mahna Mahna and his alter ego Bip Bipadotta

    How do you know that they couldn't find the original puppet and therefore rebuilt him? Do you have insider information on the subject? I find it weird that Henson saw a need to rebuild Mahna Mahna for that production, since he's just in the background and has no significance. And from what I...
  10. M

    Questionably Educational SST Skits

    For some reason I never questioned the educational value of I Love Trash.
  11. M

    What DVDs would you want for 2008?

    I think that Old School Volume 3 and Puppet Up Uncensored would be the msot likely to get a DVD release next year (or least unrealistic). We're getting Old School Vol. 2 this year, and if that sells well then we sould get a volume 3 (though I don't know if it will be a 1980s edition or if Sesame...
  12. M

    Dr. Teeth and Janice

    Now that I think about it, Dr. Teeth did talk to Zoot in the first three Muppet movies. And I forgot that Janice and Zoot did interract with each other regularly during the first season. And I think Dr. Teeth occassionally interracted with Animal. But otherwise it's Floyd talking with the band...
  13. M

    Dr. Teeth and Janice

    Actualy, Lips gets the least spotlight (it helps if casual fans are hardly aware that he exists). He's hardly appeared on any merchandise (posters, books, puzzles... and many other obscure characters have appeared in a lot more merchandise, whetehr illustrated or not... I don't know if it's too...
  14. M

    Dr. Teeth and Janice

    That's what I meant. But right now, I realised that Floyd seems to be the one who interracts with other members of the band the most. The others (excluding Lips, who never spoke to anybody) just talk to Floyd, and rarely with the others. In the openign number for the Rudolph Nureyev epsidoe, Dr...
  15. M

    book: I want to go home

    Well, I know the plot now, thanks to the review of the video in the thread about what's on each Sesame Street video.
  16. M

    Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Season 2

    I think I might be wrong with my "newer master" theory. I noticed that on this DVD, the "Jim Henson Television" logo appears. I'm guessing that Odyssey edited the special, and that's the only channel that I would expect to have seen that logo. I think it's strange that the logo was there...
  17. M

    Dr. Teeth and Janice

    Besides the At the Dance segment from the Teresa Brewer episode, have Dr. Teeth and Janice ever interracted?
  18. M

    FanFic: Season Two Finally Arrives

    Kermit is in the kitchen of the Muppet Boarding House) Kermit: Chef, when are yuo going to stop making all these messes? Swedish Chef: Wuhn derr pigs flupitep. Kermit: I'm sorry I asked. Scooter: (rushing in with a package) Mail's here! And our package has finally arrived! Kermit: You...
  19. M

    Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Season 2

    If it was owned by the Jim Henson Company and not any other companies, then Disney would have most likely gotten the rights to it (just like Disney did with the Muppet Show, the movies, and the many specials). And even if it was made around the time of Muppets From Space, that wouldn't...
  20. M

    Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Season 2

    If anybody here attends the Muppets, Music and Magic event, it might be a good idea to ask Dave Goelz if Frank Oz performed in The Muppets on the Muppets, or if it was indeed produced for the DVD or earlier (it's possible that Dave Goelz doesn't know if Frank Oz performed in the feature, since...
Top