Search results

  1. M

    Muppet Movie Rights Questions

    It's a bit amazing that The Disney Channel has shown movies from Warner Brothers. Heck, I find it amazing that Disney has shown some of the Looney Tunes compilation movies in the past. And also, it seems like long ago, Disney showed a lot of movies, specials, and television shows from other...
  2. M

    let's speculate why Nickelodeon edited certain scenes

    It would be an obvious choice for Nick to cut two minutes of show content, especially if the UK spots are included, but it seems like on some episodes Nick cut less than two minutes. The only scene cut from the Candice Bergin episode was the last backstage scene, and that scene feels like...
  3. M

    Play With Me Sesame DVD's in October

    One thing that I've thought about. The sketch where Bert imagined himself as a figure skater in order to get to sleep would be a good sketch to include on the Goodnight Sesame DVD, but it is in one of the episodes that will be included in Old School Volume 2. On one hand, it might be...
  4. M

    muppet sketches shown twice

    In the early years, it was common for animated and film segments t be shown twice or more in the same episode, but have there ever been any Muppet sketches that were shown more than once in the same episode?
  5. M

    Guy Smiley's "Air" commercial

    The song's copyrighted 1990, the year that Jim Henson died, so it might have been. I've also read about another Guy Smiley sketch from thats eason where Guy Smiley took his entire studio audience out to lunch.
  6. M

    Muppet Movie Rights Questions

    I wonder if it really is that easy for Disney to show it on The Disney Channel or ABC Family. After all, The Muppets Take Manhattan, The Muppet Christmas Carol, Muppet Treasure Island, and Muppets From Space weren't ever shown on The Odyssey Chanel back when Henson had ownership in the network...
  7. M

    Play With Me Sesame DVD's in October

    These DVDs will be comming out before Old School: Vol. 2, so hopefully these will tide us over (sure, it'd only be tiding us over for two or three weeks, but still tide us over). I hope that these DVDs will have some sketches from the first five seasosn that weren't included on Old School: Vol...
  8. M

    Frank Oz Interview

    Yeah, I don't think Snuffy "became real" to avoid confusing kids. And it did sound like Frank Oz was surprised to hear Snuffy being real, but he has performed in many productions where Snuffy was real to everybody else, and I think his characters have been in scenes with Snuffy. But now that I...
  9. M

    Frank Oz Interview

    Good interview. Though I couldn't actually tell whether Frank was saying that he didn't like the fact that Mr. Snuffleupagus is no longer thought of as Big Bird's imaginary friend.
  10. M

    Most Entertaining, Disappointing, and Surprising Guest Stars of Season 2

    Out of the episodes that I hadn't previously seen, the Cleo Lain episode was really the only one that wasn't as good as I'd expected. However, the Lou Rawls and Teressa Brewer episodes were a lot better than I'd expected (though I did have high expectations for these two episodes, but I also had...
  11. M

    your old muppet drawings

    I don't really know how to scan and post images, but I thought I'd talk a bit about my drawings of certain characters. Some characters are really easy to draw, including Kermit and Rowlf. I am sometiems bad at drawing Fozzie or Miss Piggy. I really like to draw Bunsen, Beaker, Lips, Crazy...
  12. M

    your old muppet drawings

    Some notes about these. Back when I made these, I didn't really like drawing real humans, or humans that weren't based on fictitious humans (even then, most humans that I drew were Muppets who are meant to be human. When drawing Looney Tunes characters I'd rarely drew pictures of Elmer Fudd or...
  13. M

    your old muppet drawings

    I wasn't sure where this kind of thread belongs, so I put it in General Discussions (I thought about putting it in Fan Fiction and Fan Art, but then thought the title might be misleading). After seeing the recent Tough Pigs contest where fans sent in drawings they made as kids (or was it...
  14. M

    Muppet Movie Rights Questions

    I think that Disney does have some ownership of the Muppet movies that are owned by other companies. I believe that if Henson had any stakes in the films, Disney got them, but other companies have the distribution rights. It's a good thing that Disney doesn't seem to have a problem with the...
  15. M

    Barkley the dog

    It's a shame that Fun4All and Palisades had to cancel their Sesame Street action figure lines, and that the anonymous company that considered makign Sesame Street figures chose not to get the license. Then again, we don't know if those companies ever intended on producing a Barkly figure. In...
  16. M

    Muppet Movie Rights Questions

    Oh, yeah, and speaking of how Sony still owns a number of Muppet movies, I was recently at an FYE store that had a Disney section, and the only Muppet movies in that section were ones that Sony owns the rights to. How's that for irony (The Muppet Show: Season One was in the TV season sets section).
  17. M

    Muppet Movie Rights Questions

    Except for Traveling Matt and the Sesame Street Muppets, who appear at the wedding. I don't know how it works, but the movie is still available on DVD. I don't know if the current release has the same features as the first one, but it has the same packaging. After Disney bought the Muppets...
  18. M

    Announcing the MuppetCast

    I noticed an error in the Sam the Eagle tribute show. I think Steve Swansn was reading a letter which made the error, though. Anyway, it was said that Sam's first appearance on The Muppet Show was in episode 4. Actually, he apeared in episode 3, introducing Wayne and Wanda in Stormy Weather...
  19. M

    The Return of "Muppet What-Ifs?"

    What if one of the dogs who played Lassie guest starred on The Muppet Show? What if a child star guest starred on The Muppet Show? What if Mr. Ed guets starred on The Muppet Show (I know that the horse who played Mr. Ed died by then, and I think the horse who was believed to be Mr. Ed after...
  20. M

    Rowlf on the Best of Jimmy Dean Volume 1

    Sometimes I wonder how something is considered the "best". I especially wonder how the companies know what is the best. I've seen featurettes on the Looney Tunes: Golden Collections where it's mentioned that Warner Bros. often got mail from fans talkign about their favortie shorts. And with...
Top