Search results

  1. M

    Of monsters and guest stars.

    There was a thread that I was planning on starting, and when I saw the title I thought that this thread was about what I was going to talk about. But maybe it should still be discussed here. I've noticed that the full-body monsters (and other full-body characters) normally only appeared with...
  2. M

    Of monsters and guest stars.

    "I Whistle a Happy Tune" - Julie Andrews, Sweetums, Mean Mama, Doglion, The Mutations, Timmy, Uncle Deadley, Luncheon Counter Monster, Boppity, and Gloat (plus Lenny the Lizard) "You're Cheating Heart" - Melissa Manchester and the Mutations (plus several pigs and a bull) "Happy Together" -...
  3. M

    Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Season 2

    I wonder if this is a cost-cutting move. Both of the Dinosaurs sets are like this as well (and the first onew as released almost a year after The Muppet Show: Season One). I haven't seen any other season sets released by Disney, but could Disney have made this kind of change for all of it's...
  4. M

    Who would you want to see host a new Muppet show?

    I think that it might be good if Kermit hosts the new show, but regularly has another Muppet co-host with him. Maybe Fozzie can co-host one episode, Miss Piggy can co-host another, Clifford can co-host another... I don't think i gave a serious response to who I'd like to see as a guest star...
  5. M

    Boogie in the Barnyard

    Speaking of Zoot singing along but not getting any of his own lines, I wonder if Dave Goelz normally sang in Zoot's voice whenever Zoot sang along with other characters but couldn't be heard. I also wonder if Steve Whitmire sang in Lips' voice in such scenes where Lips sang along with the others...
  6. M

    The Return of "Muppet What-Ifs?"

    What if Gonzo continued to be a generic Frackle, as opposed to having a regular name and personality? What if Thog became a main character while Sweetums only appeared in a handful of Muppet Show episodes? What if Timmy Monster's looks never changed and Mean Mama remained a puppet? What if...
  7. M

    The Return of "Muppet What-Ifs?"

    Wait, did The Jim Henson Company ever consider making that movie? I never heard anything about it. Would it have featured puppets from The Wubulous World of Dr. Seuss (essentially being a Wubbulous World of Dr. Seuss movie)?
  8. M

    Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Season 2

    If The Muppets on Muppets featured any of Jerry Nelson's characters, then I think we would have known for sure sooner whether it was made for the DVD or not, as Jerry Nelson has retired from performing his Muppet Show characters. I guess Nelson wasn't available for those interviews back when...
  9. M

    Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Season 2

    Wait... Do you know for sure that Link would have needed to be rebuilt? I know that he hasn't appeared in puppet form in anything new since Muppets From Space (though I haven't paid much attention to info on Muppet TV). I wouldn't be surprised if Lips needs to be rebuilt as well.
  10. M

    Old School Volume 2 coming this fall

    It's great to know that Don Music will be on this set (I assume that the websites source is from either Sesame Workshop or Genius Products). It's interesting that the article mostly mentions the more obscure characters (Don Music, Guy Smiley, Roosevelt Franklin, and Fat Blue).
  11. M

    Lubbock Lou and his Jughuggers vs real life

    I thought I read some posts on the old Muppet Central forum long ago that they were based on their performers, though I hardly see any resemblence to any of the performers. If they are meant to resemble their performers, then Jerry should have had a beard, Zeke's hair and beard should have been...
  12. M

    Dr. Teeth and Janice

    It's a bit hard to determine who was quitting, the Electric Mayhem or the orchestra. At the time Janice wasn't part of the orhcestra, and all of the orhcestra members except for Rowlf and Crazy Harry (who was only part of the orhcestra in the openign and closing, but never in any actual episodes...
  13. M

    Dr. Teeth and Janice

    It's a bit funny to think that in the Kaye Ballard episode, Dr. Teeth didn't talk, but Zoot and Trumpet Girl, two characters who don't speak much, had lines.
  14. M

    Monster Circus

    Chapter 8 "Hey, out of our way!", said Sweetums, "We're escaping from being slaughtered!" "That's why you were delivered here", said the ringmaster. "Huh?", said the monster. "The three of us are very good friends", said the foreman of the slaughterhouse. "When you knocked my...
  15. M

    Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Season 2

    I guess that for the menus, only Steve Whitmire and Eric Jacobson (and another performer for Fozzie's right hand) were hired, and only their characters were there. But maybe one of the disc menus could have had Link Hogthrob and Miss Piggy, since Link has been performed by Steve Whitmire on a...
  16. M

    Monster Circus

    Chapter 7 The robots were cornering the monsters. "Ohhh, ohhhhh, what'll we do?", asked Thog. "You will die", said one of the robots. "I was asking Doglion", said Sweetums. "How should I know what to do?", asked Doglion. But then a big steamroler suddenly ran into the wall...
  17. M

    Monster Circus

    Chapter 6 Sweetums was scarred. He then saw most of his life flash before his eyes. Memories of chasing the Muppets car from Mad Man Mooney's car dealership, chasing women out of a tent, running through a movie screen, falling into a sewer, battling Sir Robin the Brave, carrying Rita Moreno...
  18. M

    Announcing the MuppetCast

    Well, I've added a Muppet Wiki page for the book, based on what I know about the book. And somebody else added a cover image. I know that there are also Sesame Street books in that series (if you look at the scans you can see an image of Big Bird, Bert, and Ernie on the back cover, along...
  19. M

    Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 38

    I liked the scene with Fat Blue. However, I was editing Muppet Wiki at the time I was watching this episode (I was preparing a sketch listing for that episode, typing skits as they appeared in the episode). But when Fat Blue said "Why me?", I thought I heard a Martin Robinson voice, and I then...
  20. M

    Monster Circus

    Chapter 5 The train had stopped at the front of the slaughter house. "Everybody get out!", said the ringmaster. "Oh, good", said Thog, "Now I can go to the restroom". "And I can stretch my legs", said Mo. "You should have told me you wanted them stretched when we were on the...
Top