Search results

  1. M

    Old School Volume 2 coming this fall

    I didn't catch that. If it is six episodes (I doubt it would be seven or eight episodes), I wonder how it will be decided which season should have more featured episodes. If it's the season premiers, then there would be one episode that we won't know is included until the first review comes out...
  2. M

    Civilizing Animal

    Chapter 9 It was time for the next show, and Animal was about to go on. "Well, it's time for my next solo", said Animal, "Wish me luck, everybody". "Good luck", said the other Mupepts, some sarcastically, some not. Animal came on-stage, and started playing his violin. He sounded...
  3. M

    Civilizing Animal

    Of course, in the case of that character, there is a source that she was called "Trumpet Girl" in the scripts, and that source is an "Ask Henson.com" question about her. The Mupet Morsles don't mention this fact (it just says that she wass never given a proper name). But there aren't any...
  4. M

    let's speculate why Nickelodeon edited certain scenes

    Back when Nickelodeon aired reruns of The Muppet Show, the UK spots would usually be shown, but other segments would be cut, presumably for time, but I wonder how often Nickelodeon chose to cut something because of content (in addition to time). I thought I'd start this threat to speculate on...
  5. M

    Muppets Acting Out of Character

    When was that? I think Animal acted out of character during the "At the Dance" segment in the Rich Little episode. He is actually helpless there, and he didn't seem to enjoy any of the abuse he got.
  6. M

    Civilizing Animal

    Yeah, and it's a shame that none of us hardcore fans know what the Solid Foam Drummer's "official" name is (I wonder if she officially had a proper name that just wasn't mentioend on-screen on The Jim Henson Hour, or if her design sketch and the scripts just called her somethign like "Solid Foam...
  7. M

    Nancy Walker TMS episode nitpicks

    I would like to share some nitpicks about the Nancy Walker episode. First of all, Fozzie was concerned about the wall that got blown up during the opening number. However, that wasn't Fozzie's fault. It was the fault of the performers in the opening number. That would have happened even if...
  8. M

    Civilizing Animal

    Chapter 7 The newspaper reviews were in within days. Kermit was reading the newspaper backstage. "'Animal is a brilliant violin player'", read Kermit, "His violin playing is music to my ears. I will be going to the Muppet theater every week from now on, as long as Animal is performing. On a...
  9. M

    Civilizing Animal

    Chapter 5 The band was backstage, watching Animal's performance. Lips was blowing his nose. "What's his problem?", asked the Solid Foam Drummer. "Oh, Lips is still sad because Animal is no longer part of our band", said Floyd. "Oh", said the Solid Foam Drummer, "I thought he was...
  10. M

    Civilizing Animal

    Chapter 4 Soon, it was time for Animal's firs tbig violin performance. Kermit came on-stage to introduce him. "And now, here is Animal playing, believe it or not, the violin. Yayyyyyyyy!", said Kermit. The audience cringed at the thought of Animal playing the violin. Animal came...
  11. M

    Civilizing Animal

    Chapter 3 Animal soon came back to the Muppet Theater, but now he wore a black tuxedo, a monicle, and a top hat. "Good day, Kermit", said Animal. "Animal, is that you?", asked Kermit. "Oh, yeah, it is me, dearest Kermit", said Animal, "I have been learnignt o play the violin, and I...
  12. M

    Civilizing Animal

    Chapter 2 Animal was rushed to the emergency room. Dr. Teeth, Floyd, and Janice waited in the lobby. "Oh, I hope nothing is wrong with him", said Dr. Teeth. "Neither do I", said Floyd, "I always expected Zoot to be the first one of us to die." "Like, it's too bad that I'm not, like...
  13. M

    TMS Season 1 Memories and Looking Ahead

    If the Panel Discussions continued after season one, I think that those sketches would have been great opportunities for J.P. Grosse and Fleet Scribbler to have been used.
  14. M

    Civilizing Animal

    Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem were performing at the Muppet Theater. They were performing "Wild Thing". "Wild thing", sang Dr. Teeth, "You make my heart sing! Wild thing, you make everything groovy...." "Wild thing", sang Floyd, "I think I love you...." Floyd continued to sing...
  15. M

    The Return of "Muppet What-Ifs?"

    What if Bob Hope and Bing Crosby made a "Road to Sesame Street" special?
  16. M

    Your main six

    Before 1990, I would say the main six were Kermit, Miss Piggy, Fozzie, Gonzo, Rowlf, and Scooter. Now, it's Kermit, Fozzie, Miss Piggy, Gonzo, Rizzo, and Pepe. But back in 1999, when I first played the video game Mario Party, I thought that there should be a Muppet Party, and figured that there...
  17. M

    Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Season 2

    One feature that might have been great for these sets, but hasn't been on either. The Rocky and Bullwinkle season sets have features where you can preview the next season. One or two chapters in a certain storyline are featured. This might have been good for these season sets. Maybe a "preview...
  18. M

    Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Season 2

    I wonder if there is any additional unbroadcast/ unreleased to the public material that us hardcore fans haven't even heard of that will be included on future sets. With the difference in features between the first two sets, it is fun to speculate what might be on the next set. Could there...
  19. M

    The Simpsons DVDs

    I say that if you can only afford one, get the first one, and get the others in order when you are able to afford them. Otherwise, I'd reccommend season three.
  20. M

    Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 38

    Ironically, back when I heard that Jerry Nelson would be semi-retiring, and when it was rumored that he'd only continue performing The Count (before it was revealed that he was just retiring from the Muppets, and not from his Sesame Street Muppets), I thought that Martin Robinson would probably...
Top