Search results

  1. M

    He she and It?

    They also appear in a skit in the last episode on Old School Volume 2, talking about how fossets work. I guess they were regular characters whom we didn't realise were regulars.
  2. M

    Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Old School Volume 2

    Well, I have watched all of the episodes, and most of the bonus sketches, so I'll post my own review right now. This set is great. It seems like an improvement over the first set, DVD-wise. This set has more bonus skits, and some extra skits even appear as easter eggs (I guess the people who...
  3. M

    Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Old School Volume 2

    I've noticed that, too. I wonder why it's there.
  4. M

    Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Old School Volume 2

    I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere on the web, so I'd like to be the first to confirm that Henson Ball Wire #3 is the version with the cherry ending, rather than the powder ending.
  5. M

    Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Old School Volume 2

    While the Typewriter's new segments are good, they are hardly introductions. They seem like more of an excuse to make new Typewriter skits. Only the introduction to episode 666 seems to have any relevance to the set, as he types "O-old school". However, unlike the animated closing sequences on...
  6. M

    Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Old School Volume 2

    Was Happy Birthday sung in any Elmo's World epsiode? Or are you reffering to Jingle Bells, which I think is public domain.
  7. M

    Sesame Podcasts

    Here is a rundown of the newest one: The Word on the Street: Disapear a sandwhich disapears (with Murray voice-over) the word Disapear appears on-screen King Minus (with Murray narrarating and providing King Minus' voice) The Word of the Day: Disapear Grover asks Mumford to make his...
  8. M

    Richard Hunt's First Main SS Character

    The booklet for Songs from the Street cites 1973 as the year that Biff and Sully debuted. I've seen some websites that mention Don Music also debuting in that year, though I don't know where the date information comes from. I wonder if Don Music was a major character in his debut year, or if he...
  9. M

    ITC logo/DVD trivia

    When Henson bought the distribution rights to the show, I wonder why a new shot of Zoot was even filmed. Couldn't the shot have just been replaced with the regular Henson Associates logo sequence (unless, of course, that sequence wasn't animated yet)?
  10. M

    Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Old School Volume 2

    Back in the 1970s, the episodes seemed to be sponsored in numerical order from 2-12 and 20, and then back to 2, skipping one and the numbers 13-19 (though I've seen a talk page at Muppet Wiki from someone who claims that the number 1 did occassionally sponsor the show in the 1970s, and claimed...
  11. M

    ITC logo/DVD trivia

    The current releases of The Muppet Movie and The Great Muppet Caper still have the Jim Henson Pictures logo, even though that was added to them when they were released on video in 1999.
  12. M

    Richard Hunt's First Main SS Character

    I think it was Sully.
  13. M

    Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Old School Volume 2

    According to the timeline sequence from The Street We Live On, Born to Add debuted in 1979, I assume that means the eleventh season. I don't know exactly which season the Kermit t-shirt sketch debuted, but I assume that it was during the years that this set represents. In the meantime, that...
  14. M

    Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Old School Volume 2

    He also speculated that it could be to avoid confusion from kids who know that she's married to Luis, but I don't think that's an issue. Not any more confusing that seeing an orange Oscar, Snuffy being thought to be imaginary, Gordon having hair, and so on.
  15. M

    Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Old School Volume 2

    I bought my copy and watched episode 666 before I even read the Muppet Central review. After looking at the episode page on Muppet Wiki I suspected that a sketch was shown between Rodeo Rosie's debut and the Roosevelt Franklin sketch. I noticed a few other films that I didn't recall reading...
  16. M

    Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Old School Volume 2

    Well, I bought my copy today. So far I've only watched episode 666 and some bonus sketches (and went to the chapter stops to watch "A Song from Kermit"). It's a shame that the booklet doesn't reveal who played Gordon in the pilot.
  17. M

    What puppeteers go through.

    I wonder what it's like to perform The Newsman when a heavy object (like a piano or wieght) falls on him. The objects probably aren't really that heavy, and I don't know if the puppet actually protects the performers arm. And I wonder what it's like for a Muppet to have to hold a lit bomb.
  18. M

    Old School DVD set ideas

    Here's another great idea: Sesame Street People, Animals, Places, and Things Disc 1: People The People in Your Neighborhood (featuring a postman and fireman) which is Ernie, and which is Cookie Monster? My Name (with Maya Angelou) Me Sesame Street News: The Wicked Witch's Magic...
  19. M

    Sketches Featuring Logos when aired in International SST Co-Productions

    Do Sesame Street sketches that have title logo cards have their logos cut when shown on international versions of Sesame Street, or are they repalced with the title spelled like it would be spelled in that country? Or do the title cards appear as they are shown in the american version, without...
Top